lekh l'kha

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

6. The woman with a golden cup in her hand = Ishtar = "Babylon the Great" = Statue of Liberty.

The Statue of Liberty holds a torch and a plaque, not a cup.

Thank you for the correction. I've never been introduced to her :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Neb, Libertas, as I understand it, is depicted wearing a phrygian cap. The head gear of the Statue of liberty is a 7 ray radient crown which is associated with Ishtar or Isis. I think that's why so many believe that Our Mis Liberty is actually Isis

Those pesky masons have a way of hiding their true intentions.

OK. It's hard to find an unbiased source of information, and Libertas being a lesser being doesn't have a lot of info.

From what I have read in the past, Bertholdi (the artist of the Statue of Liberty) was trying to get a commission to make a robed statue of Isis for the enterance to the Suez Canal. He did not get that commission and used his plans for the Statue of Liberty

I'd have to check to see if Ishtar and Isis are basically the same Goddess, one Babylonian the other Egyptian.

I saw that he wanted to build a Greek woman statue at the Suez, but not that he wanted it to be Isis.

But from what I have seen, Isis being Ishtar I thought was a given. Same with Astarte (AKA Ashera).

I tend to go along with him wanting to do Isis. If for no other reason than It makes more sense to put an Egyptian goddess in Egypt rather than a Roman. but mostly it fits so well into what my personal beliefs of this country are. It goes more in line with the rest of the archeology of our capitol..... but that's a whole other thread.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

"... The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues," (Rev 17:15)

United Nations = "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues", which "has a kingdom over the kings of the earth".

"And the woman whom you saw is the great city which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:18).

America, the land of immigrants.

What about Canada? Or Australia? Or New Zealand? All founded by immigrants.

Honestly MorningGlory, you have read my other posts. Do you think "land of immigrants" is my only qualifier?

:blink:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

"... The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues," (Rev 17:15)

United Nations = "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues", which "has a kingdom over the kings of the earth".

"And the woman whom you saw is the great city which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:18).

America, the land of immigrants.

What about Canada? Or Australia? Or New Zealand? All founded by immigrants.

Honestly MorningGlory, you have read my other posts. Do you think "land of immigrants" is my only qualifier?

:blink:

No. But that is the only post I was responding to at that moment. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thank you for the correction. I've never been introduced to her :D

You're welcome. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am probably way off, but I kind of thought that "mystery babylon" was the United States and "babylon the great" was new york city.

Revelations chapter 18 verse 9-20

makes sense to me, but like i said, could be way off

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I am probably way off, but I kind of thought that "mystery babylon" was the United States and "babylon the great" was new york city.

Hi carebeargiver. Welcome to Worthy Forums. You'll be not too way-off from what Blindseeker says about it :)

I'm just speculating in this thread, by the way :noidea:

Re 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city
<polis>
was divided into three parts, and the
cities
<polis>
of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And
every island fled away, and the mountains were not found

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

My personal persuasion, is that America is what is being referenced as "The great city . . .great Babylon." I find it interesting that on one of the channels, History or Discovery, that they showed I project result of a major global sift in the tectonic plates due to an anticipated one day global earthquake. Based upon fault lines they showed the continent ripped apart into three distenct section, while the islands did indeed sink into the sea and the mountains where destroyed and sank as well due to the sift.

Another thing I have for years (20+) believed is that the "cities" in verse 19 was translated so because it made no sense to the translators that there could be a singular city that could in fact be the sovereign soil of the nations. Yet that is in fact what New York is because of the United Nations. I believe the judgement against will be multi-faceted, due to the historic sins of the city itself, the influence on global economy and because it has become the seat of the nations that have stood against Israel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Re 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city
<polis>
was divided into three parts, and the
cities
<polis>
of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And
every island fled away, and the mountains were not found

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

My personal persuasion, is that America is what is being referenced as "The great city . . .great Babylon." I find it interesting that on one of the channels, History or Discovery, that they showed I project result of a major global sift in the tectonic plates due to an anticipated one day global earthquake. Based upon fault lines they showed the continent ripped apart into three distenct section, while the islands did indeed sink into the sea and the mountains where destroyed and sank as well due to the sift.

Another thing I have for years (20+) believed is that the "cities" in verse 19 was translated so because it made no sense to the translators that there could be a singular city that could in fact be the sovereign soil of the nations. Yet that is in fact what New York is because of the United Nations. I believe the judgement against will be multi-faceted, due to the historic sins of the city itself, the influence on global economy and because it has become the seat of the nations that have stood against Israel.

Yeah I am pretty convinced that its NYC/United Nations HQ.

One scripture that we must consider is:

Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Some say this refers to the Jews but Catholicism and Islam has had its fair share of murdering the saints as well but the killing of the prophets lies at the feet of the Jewish people. I noticed the NYC is the largest population of Jews second to Tel Aviv.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Before her destruction it seems that God will warn his people to come out of her before this happens. I wonder how God is going to do this or is he already. Will God send his prophets to warn them? Gods prophets have never been well recieved even by the people called by God.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

maybe 911

Just me speculating again...:39:

Yeah I am pretty convinced that its NYC/United Nations HQ.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Before her destruction it seems that God will warn his people to come out of her before this happens. I wonder how God is going to do this or is he already. Will God send his prophets to warn them? Gods prophets have never been well recieved even by the people called by God.

I do view this verse as literal for God's people. Similar to the following -

Lu 10:10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,

11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.