• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello OneLight

You asked......

Christ is the head of the Church, so the Church(every Christian), should be subject to Christ.

Is it your belief that the only way to be subject to Christ is to attend church services?

Also, Christ is the head of the Church, while pastors are the Spiritual leaders of the Church.

Oh

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. Revelation 2:6

No

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Revelation 2:15

See

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

And Believe

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

Or Not

The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. 1 Peter 5:1-4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Hello OneLight

You asked......

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Today, more and more Christians are making the decision, that "Church attendance", really isn't that important:

And are convinced that a weekly Bible study or some kind of online worship will do.

The end result, of this decision is disastrous.

--------------------------------------------------

When I talk about Church attendance, I am referring to regularly attending a local Bible believing Church, that has a pastor that preaches & teaches from the Bible, at every service.

There seems to be more and more "fellowships", that either don't have a pastor or who's pastor, doesn't "preach the Word":

This is not, a Biblical Church.

--------------------------------------------------

We know that this is a disastrous decision, because God's Word says it is........

Ephesians 4:14

"That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;"

The passage before this, tell of how God gave us the pastor/teacher, in order to mature God's people.

Therefore, every Christian, that dose not put themselves under this Biblical authority, will not grow and will remain a Spiritual child.

What if you've attended church all your life and have dedicated yourself to studying God's word? Are you still a "spiritual child" if you decide to forego the usual mainstream idea of church?

Are you making a blanket statement that can't possibly apply to all people? If I visited every "Christian" church in my city looking for the right one...I would literally be church shopping for years.

Trust God

Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.