NEPTUNE, N.J. (AP)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Facebook is just a tool. Though I do not like facebook personally, it of itself is no more then a site. What is in the persons heart is what causes them to sin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

So net it will be the internet...then telephones again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Im aware of the dangers of fb, and I agree it can cause serious harm to any marriage, but I think perhaps that pastor needs to look more at himself than his flock. If he has that many couples having issues with fb and overstepping their marriage boundaries, then perhaps he isnt teaching enough of the bible to folks. Perhaps he isnt doing his job as a leader to help them come to deeper relationship with the Lord. Ordering them to stop using fb wont solve underlying problems. He needs to teach them what it means to be married, what God expects etc.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I saw this pastor's interview on Fox this morning....he is NOT ordering the elders of his church to get rid of FB.....he is challenging them to get rid of personal passwords and have a family FB page, as he and his wife do. He says that many of his congregation have come to him because of fidelity issues that began with this site. Now I agree with those of you who say FB is not to blame and we all need to have personal responsibility; the pastor's point is to remove the secrecy of password protected pages and, thus, the tempation to engage in dalliances outside of one's marriage.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

True but he is also contradicting himself as well because he told leaders (that are married) that if they don't delete their accounts then they will lose their leadership. I agree that FB is just a tool. I have a FB account and married and I am responsible enough to know what boundaries not to cross. My huisband has a FB account as well and I trust him to do the same.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,120
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a facebook account and my wife has her own account....... but we are the best of friends and see all of each other's goings on.

We're there because our kids have accounts and put pictures and movies of our grand daughter there for family and friends to share.

But I gotta tell you that those folks who want to post thier every thought there are just too much to deal with.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I have a facebook account and my wife has her own account....... but we are the best of friends and see all of each other's goings on.

We're there because our kids have accounts and put pictures and movies of our grand daughter there for family and friends to share.

But I gotta tell you that those folks who want to post thier every thought there are just too much to deal with.

That's one of the main reasons I abandoned my FB page. The 'going to get a burger', 'going to bed now', 'heading to the gym', 'oh no, I found a lost cow in Farmville' posts had me pulling my hair. I mean are these people that boring? Of that full of themselves? :rolleyes: But, in keeping with the OP, if you and your wife don't hide anything from each other then you two aren't among those that have problems with social networking sites. IMO, there are those who will use ANY circumstance to cheat, online or not.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,120
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That's one of the main reasons I abandoned my FB page. The 'going to get a burger', 'going to bed now', 'heading to the gym', 'oh no, I found a lost cow in Farmville' posts had me pulling my hair. I mean are these people that boring? Of that full of themselves? :rolleyes: But, in keeping with the OP, if you and your wife don't hide anything from each other then you two aren't among those that have problems with social networking sites. IMO, there are those who will use ANY circumstance to cheat, online or not.

Well, if any of you ladies are concerned about your husbands, you might get in contact with my wife and see f she'll loan you two or three of her six brothers for a while...... I'm sure they will give your spouses the inner initiative to steer clear of hurting you in that manor.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

.he is challenging them to get rid of personal passwords and have a family FB page, as he and his wife do. ............. the pastor's point is to remove the secrecy of password protected pages and, thus, the tempation to engage in dalliances outside of one's marriage.

Now that is something I can agree with.