nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

In an area from the balkans to the middle east has had a long history of building or places of worship that have changed or taken over. In other there is a shortage of building materials and thus the need to share them. Sometimes there churches buildings are considered real estate and therefore they rent them out or sell them and they get converted. However the church which lays into our own body where the body of Christ is present, where God is present is the real church.

Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I take it you've never discovered the impact of having a particular place dedicated to entertaining the presence of the Lord, have you?

.... I'm sure that there are also Muslim and other religious groups using our facilities in different places.... This discussion also brings to mind a famous, well famousish, East London building, built in 1743 as a church "La Eglise neuve"for Protestant refugees from France.... a synagogue "Spitalfields Great Synagogue".... is now a Mosque....

Perhaps Some Folk Have

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:4

Lost Their Bibles

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

Perhaps

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Matthew 12:30

Not

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Isa 48:11

For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

I wouldn't go a stones throw near that place.:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

i'm not so sure that you're ot taking that verse out of context, but I can't help but fully agree with you...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

i'm not so sure that you're ot taking that verse out of context, but I can't help but fully agree with you...

God will not share His Glory with another;

Ex 34:14

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

I dont think it is because the building is " holy" it is the implications ..would you invite satanists to use your home to worship in ???....

As I share a flat with four others two of whom are fairly devout Chinese Muslims (who I don't class as Satanists) I'm sure that there is the occasional Meccaward prayer made here. However we all manage to live together in a friendly loving manner, for which i give thanks to God.....

Living quarters and a house of worship aren't quite the same....

My "living quarters" are my home which is the point I was responding to and it clearly is a place where I worship. Do you not worship in your house? Do you think prayers from a "steeple house" (an old Quaker word I never thought I'd actually use) are favoured over those made in my kitchen, or on the street or even at the municipal dump....

Love Rules

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthrew 5:44-48

Yet Trouble

In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations. Ezekiel 44:7

Brews

So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. Ezekiel 39:7

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I take it you've never discovered the impact of having a particular place dedicated to entertaining the presence of the Lord, have you?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I have. It's called the World, or to be more precise the Universe.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have. It's called the World, or to be more precise the Universe.

Hmmmmm....no, you do not understand at all what I am speaking of.