• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I mean is people are saying we need to get away from denominationalism and return to the way Christ's church (assembly) was in the Bible - but no one can define what that was like.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What I mean is people are saying we need to get away from denominationalism and return to the way Christ's church (assembly) was in the Bible - but no one can define what that was like.

I understand. I'll take the challenge and post a response to that later.

Regards,

Jay

Lets look at this from a different perspective. How far does a denomination have to stray before you would consider it too far?

Any discrepancy in the truth is too far.

your truth? :noidea:

I'm not the author of the Word.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Lets look at this from a different perspective. How far does a denomination have to stray before you would consider it too far?

The problem is that every one of us has a different understanding of the truth to some degree.

Yes we are not the author of the Word, but more than often we believe "our" truth to be superior, or more correct to "others" truth.

Hence denomination and doctrine....

The problem is that every one of us has a different understanding of the truth to some degree.

Yes we are not the author of the Word, but more than often we believe "our" truth to be superior, or more correct to "others" truth.

Hence denomination and doctrine....

In the end the Lord will sort it all out.

It will no doubt be a day of surprises for many.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,384
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

She does not look back but Her entirety is fixed on the day of Her wedding... Now she prepares all that is given in Her hands to do, ever the while knowing, He is the one through which Her acceptance will come.... She wakes with the dream that today may be where all Her hope, of mind, strength, heart and will may be gathered unto Him. In that hope She stirs the importance of Him and Him alone for He is The center of all that She is and as each day passes that is increased proportionally to the truth She receives always more than She gives and in that light She knows the increase is real... As we like the individual cells of blood flowing through Her aiding Her in Her pursuit of being made ready for Him / for His pleasure in the joining of hearts unto The Father whereby all is laid at His Feet in the eternities of purposed ALL IN ALL....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Right I agree. In addition MOST denominations claim that is what they are doing! I have never met a strong member of any denomination who says well no my denomination intentionally goes a way from the way Christ's Church was in the bible.

I personally think that all who have true faith in Christ are part of His Church, some are wrong about some things and some are closer to the Truth. How could it be though that a person could not find one single group of Christians with whom they can worship with? That says more about the individual Christian than it does the Churches.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"You shall know them by their fruits"

As good as a guide as any I guess....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

She does not look back but Her entirety is fixed on the day of Her wedding... Now she prepares all that is given in Her hands to do, ever the while knowing, He is the one through which Her accpetance will come.... She wakes with the dream that today may be where all Her hope, of mind, strength, heart and will may be gathered unto Him. In that hope She stirs the importance of Him and Him alone for He is The center of all that She is and as each day passes that is increased proportionally to the truth She receives always more than She gives and in that light She knows the increase is real... As we like the individual cells of blood flowing through Her aiding Her in Her persuit of being made ready for Him / for His pleasure in the joining of hearts unto The Father whereby all is laid at His Feet in the eternities of purposed ALL IN ALL....

Amen, Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,384
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

"You shall know them by their fruits"

As good as a guide as any I guess....

So brother of mine if there's a lot of fruit would you say they were fruity..... :blink: Love Steven