• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

Hi...

I am from a country called India. My parents are staunch hindus, but I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I live with my parents(as everybody in India does).

My one desire is to do God's will in my life.

Being from a hindu family, my parents are set on marrying me off to a well settled Hindu boy. I have completed my education and can support myself, but I do not have the courage to stand up to my parents. As of now, I see no solution to my problem. But I am praying, and I am sure God will help me soon.

So, all you people with christian homes, no matter how difficult life seems, believe me, you are truly lucky to be born to christian parents. Think of what would happen if your parents were forcing you to marry a non believer. You would be facing a lifetime of strife. You guys are pretty lucky to have a home which supports and encourages your religion. I would give anything to have parents like yours. Say a thank you prayer right now, and enjoy each day.

Pray for me too.

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

True, sometimes we are rather ignorant of how easy we have it in some areas compared to others. However, not all in the west are born to Christian parents, these days very few are born to genuine born again believing parents... and the struggle of serving under atheist or even just spiritually numb parents is a different but still difficult struggle. In some sense, the west has it really easy because there is no persecution that is obvious and of the scale that our christian brothers in china and the middle east face (for example), however, on the other hand, the underhanded, not-so-obvious, secular humanistic assault we have to face can be incredibly challenging.

I think we have to bandy together and say we all have struggles and lets pray about them together. We are one body and we've been called to comfort and exhort and encourage one another. Gerda, I'm praying He strengthens you to remain strong for Him and to live a life that is a witness for Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,379
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I know we shrink back from that which could or will cause us pain... We all do! There's absolutely none righteous here yet we have examples of those who forged into extreme situations and found God's Word to be true "all things will work together for good"...

God tells you plainly not to be unequally yoked and that we are to Love Him above all else...

Mark 12:33-34

33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."

NKJV

What He lacked in being of life -> "You are not far from the kingdom of God." is exactly where you are now in life! I know that The Father has brought you forth from miraculous means for the witness of where you are is so saying this! But we all are born of Him also from this world no longer our home! Do not worry about the pain or the suffering that obedience to Him might come for He has promised us it will come ...this pain, this suffering, but it will NOT BE more than we can bear! He accomplishes this by His Closeness of Spiritual Presence that seems to fog the intensity of whatever and the reality of His Presence of Closeness is so wonderful you'll want to remain in that suffering for the joy of His Presence that He brings to fulfill His Word "Not more than you can bear"... it is like nothing else ever experienced the fellowship of His suffering... So just sit down with Him and tell Him that you have a request of Him and that would be-> Father enable within by Your Spirit toward love to You Holy Father as Christ loved You! For Your Kingdom has already come and I am awaiting You to bring me into it->for that is where Your Son's work has brought forth unto Your Glory Righteous Father "Your Kingdom". It is the lie of body and this world to fear harm and suffering over fear of displeasing You Father... for obeying God here and now because of the love we hold for Him (Christ), that love, now given us by You Father {in this way} is the life that is in Him!

The greatest fear we should hold is that after crying out from our being to a Holy God to save us and true to His precious Word of Person->He does <- and that at the end of life and we pass through the fire of His Holiness and all that comes through is little with the much we have received from Him! I have many times come to this awareness of my own life and thought what would it be like to stand completely immersed in the light of truth of what He has given for us and lift up little back to Him... especially when He brings into our understanding that night in the garden where He bled from His brow a desire for another way to be provided yet because of the depth of our sin and the Holiness of Himself{}The Father{}The Holy Spirit no other way could be accomplished and without hesitation They rose to engage Themselves to that task of His dying for our sin in separation from The Holy Father-> the due penalty for sins of all of us ever committed! We who will stand in this light should be a motivated people of changed=renewed=being unto the pleasure fitted unto The Fathers Hand of use to His Glory and Perfection that of His Son and as this becomes so we become witnesses of Him that is Within by the doing that is without and become aware that what I will be giving back is what He has given me and that all that I am becomes His pleasure fulfilling my purpose in Him... Prayed for your love in Him... Love Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

You are right we should be thankful to God that we are so blessed but, we take for granted the blessing with which God has bestowed us. We go on our merry way and forget the struggles of those who become Christian in a world that hates Him. We take so much for granted and then so many fall into the easy way of living and place God the Father and Jesus our Saviour second as the world takes first place. You on the other hand struggle to be a Christian in a land where He is hated and we expect you to be strong when we ourselves are weak in our world.

I do ask God to give you the strength not to go through the marriage that would only give glory to the false and empty religion of Hinduism. A religion that worships and fears gods who hate and take revenge and are false. You now have found a God of love One who loves you. One who is living and is coming for you and all the believers.

How this can be done is not known to me but to God alone. He is faithful to those who love and trust Him. He does not abandon those who are called by His name. Ask Him to intercede and have faith that He will. That is His promise. Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry out and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

I pray that you will call out to God and I know that He will answer your prayer - for your good and His glory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My prayers will be for your and your safety, but more important for the Lord to intervene in your parents life and introduce himself to them. I don't mean to be flippant, but we need to be more concerned about your parents position in eternity right now, even though this life is a bit scary for you right now.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

You are quite right, our relative freedom is something to be grateful for. I do pray for you.

Candice had a good point - both my husband and myself came from alcoholic families, and the only time they went to church was after some big blowup over drinking. We both got a twisted attitude toward religion, resentful at what we saw as hypocrisy.

In the US, Christianity is publicly insulted and besmirched as a refuge for rednecks and incompetents. So we have our own challenges here. But certainly very few of us are constrained by family over marriage.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers for you GH