• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

hi.

What are the consequences of marrying a non christian?

Blessings.

Having an unhappy and frustrating life I would think.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

hi.

Blessings.

I was a non-Christian (or more accurately an anti-Christian) when I first met my wife.

Because I loved her, I did not seek a sexual relationship and sought to honour her beliefs as best I could understand them... and we had many late night relationship/theological discussions on the phone. Part of that also involved being clear with her that I would not come to faith merely to be with her.

God worked in my though, and when I finally accepted Christ as my Lord, we were married.

If you truly love each other... wait. And trust God.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. As with all things, this command is because Christ loves us, knows us, and desires what is best for us. I say this as one who was once an unbeliever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

hi.

Blessings.

I was a non-Christian (or more accurately an anti-Christian) when I first met my wife.

Because I loved her, I did not seek a sexual relationship and sought to honour her beliefs as best I could understand them... and we had many late night relationship/theological discussions on the phone. Part of that also involved being clear with her that I would not come to faith merely to be with her.

God worked in my though, and when I finally accepted Christ as my Lord, we were married.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. As with all things, this command is because Christ loves us, knows us, and desires what is best for us. I say this as one who was once an unbeliever.

Lovely story about you and your wife, Dragoon. The Lord has worked in your lives in a very big way. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Umm . . . guys . . . are you reading her actual circumstance?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

hi.

Blessings.

I would go to God in prayer to seek the answer to your question; for there could be many, many, consequences.

1Co 7:12If any brother has a wife who is not a believer andshe is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

1Co 7:13 And if a woman has a husband who is not abeliever and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has beensanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctifiedthrough her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but asit is, they are holy.

1Co 7:15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so.A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called usto live in peace.

1Co 7:16 How do you know, wife, whether you will saveyour husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

1Co 7:17 Nevertheless, each one should retain theplace in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him.This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.

As a young man I let confusion between lust and love, lead my way and for a number of Years, I turned my back to God, because the other person did not believe. I had many troubles, and even turn my back to my family for the other person.

Pray my dear lady, and wait for the answer…do not rush, rushing is not good.

I will also pray, for I have just read what you are facing, thanks to nebula's post.

After praying I add these words>

Marriage is a partnership. Each partner brings the best and the worst parts of themselves to their marriage, and the success or failure of their union depends on how they embrace the good and the bad. In a successful marriage, two people, who are different by virtue of being people, find the common ground on which they relate to each other, and use that as a foundation. They grow toward each other by learning about and respecting their differences, and then stay together by willingly meeting each other’s needs, whether they fully understand them or not. That last part, that really hard part—that’s love.

May the Grace of God be with you always. Dennis

Edited by OldShep

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Sorry, not until I just read this>

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yep the circumstances are largely cultural, and that is not to detract from the fact that GH is saved and her husband is not.

Living, as she does, in India, the circumstances are just that more complicated.

Prayer is what is needed now. Prayer by us, for her, and lots of it.

Blessings

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

edit:

But just being directly factual.

There are not direct spiritual consequences to your soul if you marry a non-Christian, you are still saved, you still have the Lord none of His promises cease and in fact this is not a sin. God understands your challenges and it sounds as if in this case you have no other option. In scripture this was happening all of the time in that Christianity was a minority faith as it is in India. There were many Christians facing your challenge in scripture, they were married to Romans who worshiped various Gods, they were married to pagans in Greece, they were married to non-believing Jews. The tough part would be his attitude to your faith how difficult that challenge may be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

hi.

Blessings.

Lovely story about you and your wife, Dragoon. The Lord has worked in your lives in a very big way. :)

Thanks MG... and praise God!