GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Hey all. I had been thinking about something. In the last decade or 2 NASA has been interested in Mars. Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun just right next to us. They have been trying to look for signs of life on the planet Mars.

I believe of course there never has been before life on the planet Mars. But I would like to know this. Is it or could it be possible for life to exist on Mars today if people were sent there? Could we do anything to make Mars a planet possible for people to live there? . Do you know about Mars? What is the atmosphere like there? Does Mars have weather such as sunny days or rainy days or other kinds of weather? . How much sun does Mars get? Is Mars bigger than the planet Earth? Why does Mars have 2 moons?

I thought it would be interesting to talk about this planet to whom some say is most paralleled to Earth compared to the other 7 planets left out there. I’ve read some about Jupiter. It is a gas giant planet almost considered a star a planet with 49 moons. It is not possible for anyone to live there so I would believe. And Venus I know has a really thick kind of an atmosphere.

So that leaves Mars as the only maybe possible place people could maybe try to live. I wonder if anyone can breathe on Mars without one of those space suits. I wonder would what has formed mountains on the planet of Mars. Since we believe here the ocean plates help to move plate tonics. What on Mars without water would build any kind of mountains? Do they have a lot of mountains there or just a few? What is your insight on this topic?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Hey all. I had been thinking about something. In the last decade or 2 NASA has been interested in Mars. Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun just right next to us. They have been trying to look for signs of life on the planet Mars.

I believe of course there never has been before life on the planet Mars. But I would like to know this. Is it or could it be possible for life to exist on Mars today if people were sent there? Could we do anything to make Mars a planet possible for people to live there? . Do you know about Mars? What is the atmosphere like there? Does Mars have weather such as sunny days or rainy days or other kinds of weather? . How much sun does Mars get? Is Mars bigger than the planet Earth? Why does Mars have 2 moons?

I thought it would be interesting to talk about this planet to whom some say is most paralleled to Earth compared to the other 7 planets left out there. I’ve read some about Jupiter. It is a gas giant planet almost considered a star a planet with 49 moons. It is not possible for anyone to live there so I would believe. And Venus I know has a really thick kind of an atmosphere.

So that leaves Mars as the only maybe possible place people could maybe try to live. I wonder if anyone can breathe on Mars without one of those space suits. I wonder would what has formed mountains on the planet of Mars. Since we believe here the ocean plates help to move plate tonics. What on Mars without water would build any kind of mountains? Do they have a lot of mountains there or just a few? What is your insight on this topic?

I'm sure one of our resident astronomers will chime in here to answer your questions for real - but off the top of my head and from what I understand the answer to most of your questions is "no."

Mars' atmosphere is very thin and is made up of different gases than ours. It would be incompatible with what a human could breathe. Water - if it exists on Mars - has to be below the surface. It gets very cold - well below freezing. There is either a very weak or non-existant magnetic field, unlike on Earth - so the harmful solar wind radiation would not be deflected.

Mars has seasons and its days are roughly the same length as ours - but its year is I believe about twice as long.

If I understand correctly, scientists are looking for a very simple lifeform - nothing very complex.

If the Lord tarries in His return, though, scientists say the Sun will grow into a red-giant. If that were to happen, man (to survive) may need to re-locate to Mars. (I don't think that's going to happen, though)

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

:shout: Oh Nebula! ... This one is for you!! :shout:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Hey Nebula I think OneLight is right. We need your help and as you know as the commercial in between the football games will tell you

"For all you do this Mars is for you" ;):24:

And you thought I was going to say Budweiser. :P But that would knock you off balance.

Show us the way of the solar system to walk in a straight line even in front of the police who think we're idiots rambling on about the planets :24::taped:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think it would depend on whether one really trusts NASA is telling us the truth.... There are people who don't think so.

I personally don't know, but don't trust any of them to tell the truth.

Who knows???

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't have time to answer fully this morning. But for starters -

Mars has a lower gravity than Earth because it's much less massive. It's gravity cannot hold in the thick atmosphere that Earth can. Thus, there is less oxygen in Mar's atmosphere. Also keep in mind that the reason we can breath in and out is because our chest cavities change pressure relative to the atmosphere - this is why it is harder to breath at higher elevations where the atmosphere is thinner. To breath in, the pressure inside the lung cavity needs to be lower than the atmospheric pressure (gas moves from high to low pressure). So, humans cannot breath on Mars apart from space suits or environmentally-controlled buildings.

Knowing and believing that which is to occur after the thousand year rule of the risen body of Christ, who take the thrones that have been prepared for them, surely a genetic bank of all of earths plants, animal, and selected human genetic material, will be prepared and stored in a safe place, in order that the elect few who survive, can, when this planet is once more able to sustain physical life forms once again, create the earth anew.

:24:

....and what planet are you from?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't have time to answer fully this morning. But for starters -

Mars has a lower gravity than Earth because it's much less massive. It's gravity cannot hold in the thick atmosphere that Earth can. Thus, there is less oxygen in Mar's atmosphere. Also keep in mind that the reason we can breath in and out is because our chest cavities change pressure relative to the atmosphere - this is why it is harder to breath at higher elevations where the atmosphere is thinner. To breath in, the pressure inside the lung cavity needs to be lower than the atmospheric pressure (gas moves from high to low pressure). So, humans cannot breath on Mars apart from space suits or environmentally-controlled buildings.

mars1.jpg

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now that I have a little time, let me see what I can do with the rest of this.

I believe of course there never has been before life on the planet Mars.

As someone else pointed out, the kind of life they are looking for is microscopic - bacteria to be exact. They don't expect more complex life to have existed there.

But I would like to know this. Is it or could it be possible for life to exist on Mars today if people were sent there? Could we do anything to make Mars a planet possible for people to live there? . Do you know about Mars? What is the atmosphere like there? Does Mars have weather such as sunny days or rainy days or other kinds of weather? .

Hopefully I answered enough of this for your satisfaction.

Except: There is wind there - incredibly strong winds. The dust storms are greater than what we have on Earth.

So please let me know if you need to understand anything else.

How much sun does Mars get? Is Mars bigger than the planet Earth? Why does Mars have 2 moons?

Mars is much farther from the Sun, so it's colder. The same amount of sun, but less intensity.

Mars is much smaller than Earth.

The two moons are believed to be captured asteroids.

Venus is unsurvivable. It's too hot, atmospheric pressure is greater than our internal pressure, and it's atmosphere is filled with sulfur.

Would you like to be boiled, fried, or squashed to death?

Jupiter's atmosphere is unbreathable also.

So that leaves Mars as the only maybe possible place people could maybe try to live. I wonder if anyone can breathe on Mars without one of those space suits.

As I mentioned, no.

I wonder would what has formed mountains on the planet of Mars. Since we believe here the ocean plates help to move plate tonics. What on Mars without water would build any kind of mountains? Do they have a lot of mountains there or just a few? What is your insight on this topic?

Mars has the largest mountain in the solar system.

We know Mars was geologically active in the past due to mountains and canyons, but there is no evidence of such activity in ages.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I removed all the posts relating to S-word. Please continue with the original op. Thanks.