• i have no idea

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

how old do you think the universe is? is it billions of years old or just a few thousand like most christians believe. please give scriptural and/or scientific reasons why you believe the way you do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Personally I believe both. Things were created a very long time ago and became a desolate waste land as it speaks of in Genesis. The Bible is basically the time from when the earth was reformed and humans were created. It's just my personal opinion that we were created in the long run to judge the angels. A lot had to happen to make us qualified to do so......

Personally I believe both. Things were created a very long time ago and became a desolate waste land as it speaks of in Genesis. The Bible is basically the time from when the earth was reformed and humans were created. It's just my personal opinion that we were created in the long run to judge the angels. A lot had to happen to make us qualified to do so......

thats pretty much what i came to believe...i mean the heavens had to of been made 1st so there would be a place to put planet earth. also just look at the stars, what we see in the night sky is a replay of what happend millions of years ago. our own sun, the light it makes takes 8 minutes to reach earth.

Time

Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,

Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,

Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,

Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,

Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,

Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,

Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,

Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,

Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,

Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem,

which was the son of Noe,

which was the son of Lamech,

Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam,

which was the son of God. Luke 3:21-38

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

thats pretty much what i came to believe...i mean the heavens had to of been made 1st so there would be a place to put planet earth. also just look at the stars, what we see in the night sky is a replay of what happend millions of years ago. our own sun, the light it makes takes 8 minutes to reach earth.

I Believe that God created the heavens and the earth and at the same moment that He separated day form night God created time, thus all the suns and the turning of which gave rise to a measurable rate called time.

Gen 1:4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

When did God do this? I do not care, nor do I need to Know that, for it does not change the Salvation I have with-in Jesus Christ.

IMHO Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I was taught that the universe is billions of years old, but I believe God can create all there is in just a fraction of a second, any way He wants it to be. The God I server is one that is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent. Just because man can't figure out He does things does not mean that that is not how He does it ...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

how old do you think the universe is? is it billions of years old or just a few thousand like most christians believe. please give scriptural and/or scientific reasons why you believe the way you do.

From my understanding, most christians believe that the universe and the earth are billions of years old.

Only a portion of the fundamentalist christians are YECs and believe the earth to be only thousands of years old.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

i know alot of fund. christians believe the universe is only a few thousand years old, but we cant ignore the evidence either (when we just ignore things thats one of the reasons the world thinks we are nutty) remember god lives outside of our space/time domine so time is meaningless to him....from his p.o.v. the creation and final destrution of earth has happend and is also just begining at the same "time" (no pun intended). anyone can see that according to scripture when god started with planet earth it kinda looks like a terraforming project on a planetary scale.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

anyone can see that according to scripture when god started with planet earth it kinda looks like a terraforming project on a planetary scale.

I sincerely doubt anyone saw how god "terraformed" the planet.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I was taught that the universe is billions of years old, but I believe God can create all there is in just a fraction of a second, any way He wants it to be. The God I server is one that is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent. Just because man can't figure out He does things does not mean that that is not how He does it ...

:amen: