L10

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I sincerely am only puzzled by a few things in the Holy Bible. Sure a few consistency issues on eyewitness events, but those are fairly simple to conclude as different vantage points etc.

But, How am I to answer a young person that asks me How our perfect God created all things, and His angels were also created by him; now to reference that I am being asked how Lucifer could even become filled with pride, thus rooting evil?

I think about this particular question and really don't have a ready reply. I have withstood the ready replies for why horrible things happen to wonderful Christians, and why we even have a loving God that can allow for so much suffering. Many have issue with those tough subjects. I also have to dig deeply, but can resolve those.

So, How could Lucifer decide that He was going to want to be God?

God had to have knowledge that this was going to happen, and could have had an immediate antedote. EVen one step ahead of that, He could have given each Angel the impossible nature to rebel, which you would almost conceive would be God's desire.

Anyone have scriptural exegetics to this? Even some good theological reasoning would be helpful. Appreciate it.

Since it has puzzled another, it has also created that in myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

He made a choice. Just like a child makes a choice to tell the truth or lie when asked a question with a yes/no answer.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I believe that contrary to popular notions, angels have a will of their own as man does. It happens that only 1/3 of the angel populace (millions!) succumbed to believing a lie and chose to follow after Lucifer and his deranged mindset, as the majority of these heavenly creatures are so familiar with and in awe of God that they could not even consider gong against such a glorious God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Which brings up a question i have had, how do we arrive the how many angels there are? (millions, it was referred as)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,353
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

satan.jpg

Places in Scripture O.T. 7853 found:

Nu 22:22, Nu 22:32, 1 Sa 29:4, 2 Sa 19:22, 1 Ki 5:4, 1 Ki 11:14, 1 Ki 11:23, 1 Ki 11:25, 1 Ch 21:1

Job 1:6, Job 1:7, Job 1:7, Job 1:8, Job 1:9, Job 1:12, Job 1:12, Job 2:1, Job 2:2, Job 2:2, Job 2:3

Job 2:4, Job 2:6, Job 2:7, Ps 109:6, Zec 3:1, Zec 3:2, Zec 3:2

sat.jpg

Places N.T.4567 found:

Mt 4:10, Mt 12:26, Mt 12:26, Mt 16:23, Mk 1:13, Mk 3:23, Mk 3:23, Mk 3:26, Mk 4:15, Mk 8:33, Lk 10:18

Lk 11:18, Lk 13:16, Lk 22:3, Lk 22:31, Jn 13:27, Ac 5:3, Ac 26:18, Ro 16:20, 1 Co 5:5, 1 Co 7:5, 2 Co 2:11

2 Co 11:14, 2 Co 12:7, 1 Th 2:18, 2 Th 2:9, 1 Ti 1:20, 1 Ti 5:15, Rv 2:9, Rv 2:13, Rv 2:13, Rv 2:24, Rv 3:9

Rv 12:9, Rv 20:2, Rv 20:7

Another common name for Satan in the New Testament is " the devil," meaning "slanderer" or "false accuser." Other titles by which Satan is identified in the New Testament include "the tempter" (1 Th 3:5); "Beelzebub" (Mt 12:24); "the wicked one" (Mt 13:19,38); "the ruler of this world" (Jn 12:31); "the god of this age" (2 Co 4:4); "Belial" (2 Co 6:15), "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2); and "the accuser of our brethren" (Rv 12:10).

(from Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Copyright © 1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers)

Histories of (apparent) satan, as aspects exceed the men began in subject line:

Isa 14:12-15

Eze 28:11-19

This is a good start... and as far as answering the O.P. - The whole of what satan has done through perversion of truth and disruption to God's creation is the understanding of the Children that it is not necessary to know why but to know that if God has said no then no other option is created to allow for a yes... and God as Being- He is only One Like Himself and therefore He is The Finish in Seeking and there is no other... Love, Steven

Which brings up a question i have had, how do we arrive the how many angels there are? (millions, it was referred as)

There are billions of angels, and many different kinds of ministering spirits. As every person has several who are ministering spirits, whether active or idle, depending on the life of that person, and God's plan for each, and since the beginning of time there have been billions of humans, there are multiple billions of angels.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

There are billions of angels, and many different kinds of ministering spirits. As every person has several who are ministering spirits, whether active or idle, depending on the life of that person, and God's plan for each, and since the beginning of time there have been billions of humans, there are multiple billions of angels.

Ok, i have nothing to dispute, only asking how this has been arrived at? Is there some Scripture i have not recalled?

HOW MANY ANGELS ARE THERE?

While the Scriptures give no definite figures, we are told that the number of angels is very great (Daniel 7:10; Matthew 26:53; Hebrews 12:22).

It appears that all angels were created at one time. No new angels are being added to the number. Angels are not subject to death or any form of extinction; therefore they do not decrease in number.

It seems reasonable to conclude that there are at least as many spirit beings in existence as there will have been human beings in all their history on earth.

Author: Dr. Paul Eymann.

Daniel 7:10

and a river of fire was pouring out,

flowing from his presence.

Millions of angels ministered to him;

many millions stood to attend him.

Then the court began its session,

and the books were opened.

Matthew 26:53

Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands[a] of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly?

Hebrews 12:22

No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering.

Revelation 5:11

Then I looked again, and I heard the voices of thousands and millions of angels around the throne and of the living beings and the elders.

Everyone has at least one angel to attend to him:

Matthew18:10

“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.

Psalm 91:11---a promise!

For he will order his angels

to protect you wherever you go.

My favourite mention of the unseen armies of angels is here:

2 Kings 6:13-17

“Go and find out where he is,” the king commanded, “so I can send troops to seize him.”

And the report came back: “Elisha is at Dothan.” 14 So one night the king of Aram sent a great army with many chariots and horses to surround the city.

15 When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha.

16 “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” 17 Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, I've been asked that question a few times (I used to teach a Sunday School class with some very inquisitive children). Here's what I say:

I don't know because the Bible doesn't tell us exactly why.

I don't believe in making up answers that aren't there just because someone want an answer. Children need to learn that the Bible doesn't tell us everything. It tells us what God wants us to know during our time here on earth. It is not an exhaustive guide to every thought/rationale that God ever had. Sure, God could have created angels and humans without free will. He could have done lots of things different. He could have made women's bodies so that they don't get fat after eating chocolate, but he didn't. He could have made evergreen trees pink instead of green (everpinks? haha). We could sit around all day contemplating why God made things exactly the way He did, but in the end, the answer is still, simply, "I don't know." Maybe we'll have a Q + A session in Heaven =) (Although I doubt we'll care a whole lot about such questions then!)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/24/1986

...1/3 of the angel populace (millions!) succumbed to believing a lie and chose to follow after Lucifer and his deranged mindset, as the majority of these heavenly creatures are so familiar with and in awe of God that they could not even consider gong against such a glorious God.

I suspect the number is more in the billions or trillions.