IGNORED

Understanding Job?

tsth

13 minutes ago, Soy Richard said:

Primarily, we see Job as a type of Christ. A righteous and blameless man suffering affliction and allowed of God. 

Ive never seen Job as a type of Christ!  There is noone who is without sin except Christ who is God!

Job was guilty of pride.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1964

4 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Ive never seen Job as a type of Christ!  There is noone who is without sin except Christ who is God!

Job was guilty of pride.

Types are not supposed to be exact. Perhaps you might consider Job as a type of Christ and see if I'm right? I've never seen Christ as God either. For example, Jesus rejected being called 'good.'

1 hour ago, Soy Richard said:

Types are not supposed to be exact. Perhaps you might consider Job as a type of Christ and see if I'm right? I've never seen Christ as God either. For example, Jesus rejected being called 'good.'

No. I will not consider it. Job was not without sin. There is no such thing as a "type of Christ" . There are none  without sin except Jesus who was truly man truly God. To say someone was a "type of Christ is to say that man can be in the same "class" or "category" of Christ and that is simply not only untrue but bordering on blasphemy!

1Timothy 2:5 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Which btw, in Mark 10:17-22  Jesus is not denying his divinity but rather he is conveying that goodness does not come from mans deeds but only from God. He never denied who he was. Consider the context by understanding why Jesus said what he said.

All of scripture is to be considered when forming our opinions.  Scripture explains scripture. These scriptures might give you a better understanding.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Blessings :)

On 2/8/2008 at 9:10 AM, jackie d said:

I like the book of Job for the reason that God makes sure each and every player in the book understands that none know the mind or might of the Almighty. He makes sure they each understand that there are no boundries put on HIM....makes me shiver with joy!! :whistling:

The LORD gives Job a tongue lashing 38-42. I think Job got the point! LOL

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

33 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

The LORD gives Job a tongue lashing 38-42. I think Job got the point! LOL

I wouldn't call chapter 41 a tongue lashing.  It's a prophecy about the Leviathan.

Just now, fixerupper said:

I wouldn't call chapter 41 a tongue lashing.  It's a prophecy about the Leviathan.

No. It was a simile . God didnt prophesy anything.

John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible

(Read all of Job 41)
A large description is here given of the leviathan, from the difficulty and danger of taking it, from whence it is inferred that none can stand before God, Job 41:1; from the several parts of him, his face, teeth, scales, eyes, mouth and neck, flesh and heart, Job 41:11; and from various wonderful terrible things said of him, and ascribed to him, Job 41:25.

Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary

Concerning Leviathan.

The description of the Leviathan, is yet further to convince Job of his own weakness, and of God's almighty power. Whether this Leviathan be a whale or a crocodile, is disputed. The Lord, having showed Job how unable he was to deal with the Leviathan, sets forth his own power in that mighty creature. If such language describes the terrible force of Leviathan, what words can express the power of God's wrath? Under a humbling sense of our own vileness, let us revere the Divine Majesty; take and fill our allotted place, cease from our own wisdom, and give all glory to our gracious God and Saviour. Remembering from whom every good gift cometh, and for what end it was given, let us walk humbly with the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/21/1964

56 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

No. I will not consider it. Job was not without sin. There is no such thing as a "type of Christ" . There are none  without sin except Jesus who was truly man truly God. To say someone was a "type of Christ is to say that man can be in the same "class" or "category" of Christ and that is simply not only untrue but bordering on blasphemy!

1Timothy 2:5 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Which btw, in Mark 10:17-22  Jesus is not denying his divinity but rather he is conveying that goodness does not come from mans deeds but only from God. He never denied who he was. Consider the context by understanding why Jesus said what he said.

All of scripture is to be considered when forming our opinions.  Scripture explains scripture. These scriptures might give you a better understanding.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Blessings :)

You say there is no such thing as a type of Jesus. What then do you make of the deeds of Joshua, Samson, David, Jonah? 

4 minutes ago, Soy Richard said:

You say there is no such thing as a type of Jesus. What then do you make of the deeds of Joshua, Samson, David, Jonah? 

They were men! Just men. Mens deeds do not make them a "type of Jesus." 

3 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Last I checked, when Jesus was at the Garden of Gethsemane, He didn't hightail out of there, head to Caeseria Phillip and book the next ship for Tarshish!

That was funny! :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Looking back at this post from the beginning in 2004 i did not see any name i recognize except WILLA.    One name that caught my eyes though was 

"antiaging".  Ah, yes i like that name, if i can only adopt it. But it is difficult to drop my current, so i will just put it as wishful thinking.  :D

Getting back to the topic.    JOB showed his humanity by questioning God.   Yes, he was a righteous and blameless as in the introduction.   The Lord made his point his lecture to JOB.  Sovereign is he and no one else.   

Edit.  Did see Nebula too very early on the thread.

Edited by warrior12