• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

AMEN!!! I agree with him totally!!!

Always have disliked prosperity preaching why? Because if we take time to read the Bible it doesn't talk about we are to be rich, problem free, healed from everything everytime, we will get our prayers answered by giving money to the church so on and so forth!!! It doesn't it just doesn't.

That is what people think the prosperity gospel says, but the true prosperity gospel is the plain gospel of Jesus Christ, were we walk with Him through life, and are enriched in all ways, spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally and materially. We are influential people for Christ, bringing peace, love, joy and light to the world, and His prosperity we share with others. We take away from that His blessings in our own lives.

3 John 1:2

My heartfelt prayer for you, my very dear friend, is that you may be as healthy and prosperous in every way are you are in soul.

I can see both points of view, and I agree with both. The view from sunnier is what we have been fed by those who abuse scripture for gain, promising what they cannot provide. I also see being prosper as Floatingaxe states, for I would not have what I have today, in any form, if it were not for Christ.

We should differentiate between the two when we post. Axe, you claim you do not know about the list of names provided. Perhaps you should become familiar with them for the purpose of this thread?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Always have disliked prosperity preaching why? Because if we take time to read the Bible it doesn't talk about we are to be rich, problem free, healed from everything everytime, we will get our prayers answered by giving money to the church so on and so forth!!! It doesn't it just doesn't.

That is what people think the prosperity gospel says, but the true prosperity gospel is the plain gospel of Jesus Christ, were we walk with Him through life, and are enriched in all ways, spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally and materially. We are influential people for Christ, bringing peace, love, joy and light to the world, and His prosperity we share with others. We take away from that His blessings in our own lives.

My heartfelt prayer for you, my very dear friend, is that you may be as healthy and prosperous in every way are you are in soul.

I can see both points of view, and I agree with both. The view from sunnier is what we have been fed by those who abuse scripture for gain, promising what they cannot provide. I also see being prosper as Floatingaxe states, for I would not have what I have today, in any form, if it were not for Christ.

We should differentiate between the two when we post. Axe, you claim you do not know about the list of names provided. Perhaps you should become familiar with them for the purpose of this thread?

I know the names, but I do not know about them regarding prosperity. I don't need to hop on anyone's bandwagon of gossip against Christians. We need to pray for them. These kinds of threads always end up in denunciations of certain known individuals and it isn't Godly behaviour.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I know the names, but I do not know about them regarding prosperity. I don't need to hop on anyone's bandwagon of gossip against Christians. We need to pray for them. These kinds of threads always end up in denunciations of certain known individuals and it isn't Godly behaviour.

The suggestion was only to help you understand and not to take anyone's word about another; so you can decide for yourself. I surely hope that you did not take from my suggestion an invitation to jump on any bandwagon.

The suggestion was only to help you understand and not to take anyone's word about another; so you can decide for yourself. I surely hope that you did not take from my suggestion an invitation to jump on any bandwagon.

Updated the OP to reflect that Piper is talking about the false teaching called the prosperity gospel. :)

• Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

So, do you think there is something wrong with a Christian who is poor or ill? Finally, is there something wrong with a Christian who dies? Maybe you need to find out what the "Health and Wealth" preachers teach. What they are teaching is FALSE. Praying for adequate food, shelter, and clothing for Christians around the world is a wonderful prayer because many suffer real needs. I'm not going to pray that they all get Cadillacs, mansions, and designer clothing, but I will pray for their real needs that address suffering.

Matthew 6:19-20 KJV Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

I know that God's will is that we be well.

I know that God's will is that we be well.

The reality is all around us and in us. All Christians get sick many times and eventually die. There is a 100% certainty of this. The Apostle Paul asked God several times to remove his thorn in the flesh, and his request was denied. Even the most faithful Christians suffer with every disease known to man and eventually die from one of them. Again, there is a 100% certainty of this.

Romans 8:16-28 KJV The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Yes, Christians do get sick, but it isn't God's will. He has given us the ability to be healed---every one of us who know Jesus Christ. Everything we need is in our born again spirits. We just have to tap into it with our intellect---our souls---and our body will respond. Believe by faith.

As for Paul, who knew exactly how to have victory over sickness, the thorn was not an illness.

Yes, Christians do get sick, but it isn't God's will. He has given us the ability to be healed---every one of us who know Jesus Christ. Everything we need is in our born again spirits. We just have to tap into it with our intellect---our souls---and our body will respond. Believe by faith.

As for Paul, who knew exactly how to have victory over sickness, the thorn was not an illness.

The reality is that every single Christian throughout history has gotten sick and eventually died from illness or disease (except war, violence, etc.). So, are you saying that they all lacked faith? Paul's thorn in the flesh was an illness. Regardless, your stance contradicts the Holy Bible. You have to remember that little thing that happened with Adam, Eve, and the garden (the fall of man). Obviously, we don't have the ability or power to heal ourselves - regardless of how much faith we have. Did you consider the Scripture I quoted? Here it is again for you. Is the Holy Bible in error?

Romans 8:16-28 KJV The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Is the above portion of Scripture in error? If so, I can quote many more for you that indicate the same conditions for man. If you ignore what the Holy Bible says, you still have the reality of 100% certainty of serious illness and eventual death. Surely, you must be aware of strong Christians who get cancer, diabetes, other chronic illnesses and eventual die. As Christians, we don't have our glorified bodies yet, and we won't in this short life. Until then, we will have illness, disease, and death.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

all they that shall live godly lives shall suffer. so what about the tribualtion saints? copeland teaches the futurist position. so when them jews and gentiles come forth to the LORD they dont get rich now they do they! they die! so wheres their promise of riches?

and this area in parts is my testimony. i came to god to be healed from not being able to hold a job,lonely, and bisexuality. i asked god for a job and to be able to hold a job and also to own a house and to have it together. all this has come to past but my life isnt fixed yet as he knows where im broken still.im not my own but His. he has blessed me.