bobby0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't know what happened in this situation, so I'm going to wait and see how things settle out in the investigations and all that. I am somewhat alarmed at all the media hype surrounding the case and it being used as political hay to further divide an already divided country. I'm also praying that real truth about what happened comes out, and that cooler heads prevail.

that's pretty much my thoughts also walla. I don't think we know what actually happened, however I did hear the 911 person tell him not to persue the kid..... I have trouble giving him the benifit of the doubt because he didn't do so. That in itself puts him at fault for th kids death in my opinion unless he was following that advice and the kid came to him..... and i just don't know who to believe.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1979

There has been a lot made of the fact that it may have been racially motivated. That I disagree with with. Mr Zimmerman is a 1/2 blood himself (Mexican-white) and so i doubt it was racially motivated (though I may be wrong).

However here are the facts that I have read.

1. Mr Zimmerman, acting as a member of his neighborhood watch scheme was patrolling his gated community in his car.

2. Mr Zimmerman spots a suspicious person walking in his gated community. At which point he call the police to let them know what was going on.

3. Mr Zimmerman then tells the police dispatcher that "he is going to follow this individual" To which the police dispatcher tells him "No, do not do that"

4. At some point, Mr Zimmerman gets out of his car with a gun strapped to his waist.

5. Probably at this point heated words are exchanged between the two, and Mr Zimmerman draws his gun and shoots the kid.

6. police turn up, and ask Mr Zimmerman what happened, Mr Zimmerman replies that the kid got aggressive with him and that he shot him in self defense, calling on the "stand your ground" law that Florida has (which by the way is supposed to be a defensive law, and only for when you have no way to escape).

now I admit that this is probably not a complete picture, but this is what many different news sources seem to agree on. in my humble opinion, Mr Zimmerman only did one thing right, and that was to call the police, the rest is pure stupidity and something we should all learn from. in this case it is what NOT to do if we see a suspicious person in our neighborhood.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The Martins should do a fund drive and collect money to buy tazers for the neighborhood watch groups all over Florida so they don't need to have guns.

Isn't it hot in Florida? Why the hoodies? The saggy pants are a problem also.

The hoodies are a gangsta shout-out.

I lived in North Central Fl for years. I lived close to the borderline "bad part" of town which was an university town (btw). I went to a desegregated school/highschool because I was in the deaf program and 2. I was zoned for that school district. So, I had pretty much a large interaction with African-Americans and had good friends from them. Most did not wear hoodies UNLESS they were into gangsta rap or wanted to be "cool" . This time of year, you usually don't wear hoodies unless it was extremely windy or cold for the season. Most African-American boys I know growing up wore a shirt/tank-top with shorts or baggy pants which incidentally weren't that much different from the white or hispanic boys/other ethnicities. I often saw FuBu shirts etc.

I heard somewhere that he had been suspensed from school recently before the incident. I don't recall it was said for what reason. And, what was he doing in a gated community? At first, the articles I read didn't mention the "gated community" but in a neighborhood near a gas/service station. But now I see some people are mentioning the gated community If it was really a gated community then how did he get in? Did he have someone he knew who lived in that community?

There are questions to be sure and yes, an investigation needs to be done. But the blood calling out for Zimmerman is not what we need at this point nor disclosing his address for others to go vigiliate style.

I lived in North Central Fl for years. I lived close to the borderline "bad part" of town which was an university town (btw). I went to a desegregated school/highschool because I was in the deaf program and 2. I was zoned for that school district. So, I had pretty much a large interaction with African-Americans and had good friends from them. Most did not wear hoodies UNLESS they were into gangsta rap or wanted to be "cool" . This time of year, you usually don't wear hoodies unless it was extremely windy or cold for the season. Most African-American boys I know growing up wore a shirt/tank-top with shorts or baggy pants which incidentally weren't that much different from the white or hispanic boys/other ethnicities. I often saw FuBu shirts etc.

I heard somewhere that he had been suspensed from school recently before the incident. I don't recall it was said for what reason. And, what was he doing in a gated community? At first, the articles I read didn't mention the "gated community" but in a neighborhood near a gas/service station. But now I see some people are mentioning the gated community If it was really a gated community then how did he get in? Did he have someone he knew who lived in that community?

There are questions to be sure and yes, an investigation needs to be done. But the blood calling out for Zimmerman is not what we need at this point nor disclosing his address for others to go vigiliate style.

I had read that he was suspended from school for possession of a controlled substance (drugs), but I do not know if this is true.

As to why he was in a gated community, his dad lived there (not sure if he was divorced or not, though the fact that his mother has a different last name may indicate that). Treyvon Martin was supposedly there to watch a basket ball game on TV, and during the half time break went to the gas station to buy drinks/snacks and was killed by Mr Zimmerman on his back.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221

I had read that he was suspended from school for possession of a controlled substance (drugs), but I do not know if this is true.

As to why he was in a gated community, his dad lived there (not sure if he was divorced or not, though the fact that his mother has a different last name may indicate that). Treyvon Martin was supposedly there to watch a basket ball game on TV, and during the half time break went to the gas station to buy drinks/snacks and was killed by Mr Zimmerman on his back.

Ok. The articles I read did not mention his father lived in the gated community.

Ok. The articles I read did not mention his father lived in the gated community.

OK here is some info that may or may not help. Found on that fount of knowledge, Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

We once lived in a country that foreseen people innocent until proven guilty, now the media plays the part of Judge, Jury and Executioner before the police have even gathered evidence. Getting lots of people all wound up to the point of forming an old fashion lynch mob. If this continues like it has, more people may be hurt or killed.

I pray that God gives peace to all those people screaming for justice while allowing time for the truth to be uncovered.

IMHO~~~Dennis

2420066gifhitrunzy3-1-Copy.gif

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

The first reports I heard were that one of his relatives lived in that gated community and he was on his way back from getting the snacks. And he would not have been there if he wasn't suspended.

Then I heard he jumped the gate. I have also read he was suspended for 10 days for about 4 things. There are fake stories all over the internet.

But they said the video didn't look like Zimmernam had blood on him from the video servailence. But they said he cleaned up before the video.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The first reports I heard were that one of his relatives lived in that gated community and he was on his way back from getting the snacks. And he would not have been there if he wasn't suspended.

Then I heard he jumped the gate. I have also read he was suspended for 10 days for about 4 things. There are fake stories all over the internet.

But they said the video didn't look like Zimmernam had blood on him from the video servailence. But they said he cleaned up before the video.

The video is blurry and inconclusive. The video actually brings up more problems because why is the Police department so anxious to hand out the tape for the media to drum up even more hatred towards Zimmerman?

The MSM already has Zimmerman tried, convicted and sentenced.

Yes, and the vigilante usual suspects are pushing that. He DOES need to be arrested but he needs to be tried by a jury of his peers as called for by the Constitution.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Disappointing thread, looks just like lost men and women talking!

To those of you in the minoritym God bless and keep it up. Perhaps the majority will get it if you keep it up. Our LORD commanded us to love and then proceeded to show us how by life example. That so many are guilty of knee-jerk reactions is sad. That some of them are women is very sad.

When I was growing up thye majority of the females in the US were considered to be lady-like but today that can no longer be said. With the decline in dress standards has come a very regrdetful reduction in standards for both sexes tharm surely, makes our Father angry.

In this instance, the life of one young man has ended and the life of the survivor has been ruined, there is not a winner. Like the better section of this people, I have no opinion to express before the story has reached the end, to do so is to ASSUME and most folks know the rude truth of assuming

Some will, incorrectly, tell me I stand in need of correction, theym having never been in combat, only to spend the rest of their lives waking up screaming because of the dreams, actually nightmares, that never cease. Young George will know that condition now... for the rest of his life! That the other "young man" roke George's nose and was busy trying to crush George's head into the concrete, causing George's gun to go off is also a sad event. What we need to do is just exactly what Jesus told 8us to do, love them and to pray for them.