IGNORED

I don't understand the trinity

grandma dolittle

Were Adam.

Truth is always true, yes or no?

Simple question, simple answer.

God is Truth, yes or no?

simple answer is yes

God is One (according to the Bible), yes or no?

This one isn't as simple because there are multiple definitions of the word "one" in the english language...and that isn't the language of the scriptures either. Now the TRUTH has now been pointed out to you many times but you seem to want to win an argument more than to discover the TRUTH.

That is the truth you should heed.

We can all disagree as brothers as long at the TRUTH is what we're after. I'm starting to doubt that is what you really want, especially since you have avoided answering the first question I posed to you several times now.

I'll try again....

How can a mere man be supreme over God and creation, as the verse I posted a few pages back showed?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Peter refered to some of Paul's writings being 'hard to understand'. The context is a brief rant against people who 'distort' the good news about Jesus. This, it seems to me, is the main topic of half the letters in the NT. The simple fact is that none of us truly understands the trinity, though many of us have our own perceptions. We are not able to understand things that are beyond our mortal, mental capacity. Perhaps that is why the bible never refers to the trinity. (In fact, for those who take the bible as the complete and inerrant Word of God it is foolish even to discuss the trinity as it is alien to the scriptures.) Divine revelation comes to us as we are ready for it, not always as we seek it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

I have refuted multiplicity already. Infinite parts are still one whole.

Guest shiloh357

I have refuted multiplicity already. Infinite parts are still one whole.

Yes, but the trinity is not about parts of a whole. It is about being one yet having three distinct persons, not three distinct parts. The human body is made up of parts. None of the parts comprise an entire person on their own.

I am saying that God is one being/essence, yet has three distinct, separate Persons. That is the mystery of it all. We have nothing in the natural world that serves as a point of reference for that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

@Tyler John

1 Peter 3:15"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

If you dont have a reason that isnt much of a reason now is it? Faith isnt blind, in fact, its the Light by which men see the Truth.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Can some help me understand the Trinity? My minister and fellow church members have tried and they don't seem to have a problem with it. But I do. Most often quoted to me is John 10:30 " I and my father are one." But in other scriptures (I can't find right now) Jesus talks to the disciples and he says I am in you and you in me. All through the scriptures, Jesus refers to God as his Father. I really don't see it, so I have decided it doesn't really matter. I love Jesus and God and I am so glad I have the Holy Spirit. I know Christ died and rose and he is preparing a place for me in heaven. I will live my life according to that knowledge. One day as I see jesus... I will know the truth. :noidea:

Hello my friend! There is a promise in Jeremiah that says, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart!" I have a recommendation that may help you! When you can, go to your county library and in the 200 section, look for books on Christian doctrine. A good sized library will have a number of doctrine books that you can borrow. Get a couple and read not only the text, but look up the verses that they refer you to. Perhaps your pastor has a doctrine book in his personal library that he will let you borrow for a few weeks. The study of the doctrine of the trinity is fascinating and encouraging! You will enjoy it!