• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

Do you believe in the power of dreams? I keep dreaming that demons are attacking me, and that I accept the Lord as my Savior. There is such a sense of urgency. I wake up feeling so panicked. And in my dreams I am battling these demonic forces. It feels so real. As if the real world hasn’t quite caught up with the subconscious. My subconscious is literally screaming at me to get saved. Today is like the 6th time this has happened. Except this time the forces of evil were even stronger in my dream. As if they were somehow closer.

Do your dreams ever steer you into a decision? Or urge you to do something? Out of all the conversations I've had with people over the last 6 months here on worthy...I've reconsidered my salvation. But this morning I woke up with it on my lips. It feels all so eerie.

Guest gi gi mona

Do you believe in the power of dreams? I keep dreaming that demons are attacking me, and that I accept the Lord as my Savior. There is such a sense of urgency. I wake up feeling so panicked. And in my dreams I am battling these demonic forces. It feels so real. As if the real world hasn’t quite caught up with the subconscious. My subconscious is literally screaming at me to get saved. Today is like the 6th time this has happened. Except this time the forces of evil were even stronger in my dream. As if they were somehow closer.

Do your dreams ever steer you into a decision? Or urge you to do something? Out of all the conversations I've had with people over the last 6 months here on worthy...I've reconsidered my salvation. But this morning I woke up with it on my lips. It feels all so eerie.

.... I've reconsidered my salvation. But this morning I woke up with it on my lips. It feels all so eerie.....

Amen

O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.

For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.

Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth; Psalms 108:1-5

And Amen~!

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i had a similiar experience many years ago. I can't tell you about yourself, but I can tell you about me..... My problem was that I was trying still to live up to the expectation of salvation and be a perfect person. The demonic powers that had attached themselves to me when I was studying demonology were throwing everything in my face that I had ever done wrong...... over and over again I'd repent and it got to the point that I was struggling with them more than I was doing anything.

it got to the point that I finay realized that I could not win the fight. I sat down and said alright, if Jesus wants me he's going to have to fight for me....... because I can't do this for mysef. I stood up in a half sleep and shook my fists at the dark side and told them that I was following Jesus and there was nothing they could do about it...... I told them that if Jesus didn't want me that come judgement day if he said no, I'd find a high place and just throw myown self into the fires of hell. I know it was out of desperation of realizing that I myself could not defeat the dark side of this world and it wasn't until I stopped trying that the Holy Spirit took over and set me free of it all.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

You mean after talking to us you didnt want to get saved after all?

Beth, without trusting in Him, without giving your life over to Him, you are in grave danger. It could be that you are seeing the evil that will befall you without Him in your life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

On another board I post with a woman who said even in her dreams she rebuked demons in the name of Jesus, and they left her alone.

1 Samuel 17

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47 And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

So as other one said, give it to our Lord. He is your defender.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

You mean after talking to us you didnt want to get saved after all?

Beth, without trusting in Him, without giving your life over to Him, you are in grave danger. It could be that you are seeing the evil that will befall you without Him in your life.

Jade: No, it's not at all that I don't want to get saved. That's not what I meant. I just meant that I've been totally considering it. It's been on my mind, it's been on my heart. That decision. The choice. It was weird to wake up uttering words like "I'm yours Jesus, take me as I am" that's basically what I was uttering as I woke from my dream this morning.

I've said in the last two weeks that I am at a fork in the road. And I think that's what this is all about.

So no, you all haven't pushed me away from god. I hope that's not how it came across.

mona, your post didn't have any words in it.

Joe I thought of a similar verse this morning but couldn't remember where it was at. Or why I was thinking on it.

otherone. I feel like these dreams are somehow both god related and demon related. When they first started this year (I've had them before and they quit for a long while...these ones are different) they were an attack on me, and I didn't fight back I just woke in fear and trembling. Like I had a panic attack in my sleep and I woke up gasping for air.

In the last string of them, the last 3 or 4 of them. It's like Jesus was there with me. I used his name to 'fight them'. I invited Jesus into my life in my dream. It's really bizarre. It's like my subconscious wants the very thing that my waking mind is fighting. And as soon as I accepted Jesus into my life in my dream, I was calm and empowered- and could then face the demons. And they ran away.

:noidea:

It makes me wonder, you know, is it just a simple dream? IS there really a battle going on for my very soul?

Either way it's very creepy.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't try to live my life according to my dreams, but at times, I do believe God is passing messages onto us through dreams. It sounds as if you need to become stronger in your walk with God, studying His word and applying it to your life more then you have been. I have had similar dreams in the past when I was weak in Him and needed to have a closer relationship with Him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It makes me wonder, you know, is it just a simple dream? IS there really a battle going on for my very soul?

There is a battle going on all the time over us in the spiritual realm. Satan hates those who belong to Jesus Christ and will stop at nothing to cause you to second-guess yourself and the decision you have made to follow after Jesus Christ. Whether a dream or not, if you have experienced the salvation of Jesus Christ, you have been given His authority to tell the enemy to get lost and let you sleep in peace.

Psalm 4:8

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.

Proverbs 3:24

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes there is a battle going on for your very soul..... and you need to stop fighting it..... Jesus already won and there isn't anything you can do to make it better or worse, but just accept it. Tell the demons to go away for you aren't fighting with them any more and draw yourself closer to Jesus.