• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

sometime talking does not matter. i have a neighbor that has some chickens around 10 and they come accross the road into two yards we both have gardens.

when approached to cage the chickens he says to just run them off our property. he has no intentions of doing anything about his chickens in our gardens.

i should not be required to stand watch for his chickens that want to wander into my garden two or three times a day. Now I use rocks to run them off but as soon as the 4th comes around i will be getting something loud to run them off

You might check and see what your county ordinances say about chickens. Many areas have restrictions that limit the number of chickens one can have, location of coop and whether or not they must stay penned up. Doesn’t matter if the area is livestock zoned or not. Certain restrictions still apply.

Instead of throwing rocks, I would be catching them and having animal control impound them. Which is probably in your case easier said than done. This can be done by herding them into netting or using a large fishing net that has a fairly long handle. It will be harder now since the chasing and rock throwing has made them flighty.

I could catch them with my crossbow it not as loud as cherry bombs

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

sometime talking does not matter. i have a neighbor that has some chickens around 10 and they come accross the road into two yards we both have gardens.

when approached to cage the chickens he says to just run them off our property. he has no intentions of doing anything about his chickens in our gardens.

i should not be required to stand watch for his chickens that want to wander into my garden two or three times a day. Now I use rocks to run them off but as soon as the 4th comes around i will be getting something loud to run them off

What about Thanksgiving?

Oh, no, wait, that's Turkey......... :cool:

Now my first thoughts were to post a recipe, it's called,," Stray Chickens" :noidea:

This is 100% a recipe to deal with any stray chickens. :thumbsup:

Take one roasting dish.

Add a few spuds.

Oil.

Then show to chicken.

If said chicken is collaborative it will jump in the dish, end of problem :whistling:

Now me thinks that this post should be in the cookery thread :taped:

PS.

This recipe should only be used when guest can be guaranteed a meal from KFC. :whistling:

Disclaimer, " NCN is not responsible for cooking times or time it will take to entice chickens into said roasting dish."