• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Why is God silent in this age? There are few (if any) supernatural events that occur today, even though the need for such seems greater than before because of modern scientists and their never-ending quest to discredit God and the supernatural.

I know that we have the Bible, God's Word to us, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough.

Perhaps it is because the Church is saved by faith, not by sight. So, if you want to be convinced that there is a GOD, our GOD, it has to come through Scripture, the belief that man needs a savior and that GOD has provided such a Savior, and through the knowledge that there must be a GOD who created our environment, not through evolution.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Is He silent? Not to me.

For those who demand proof of His existence, no proof will ever be enough. Not even all of those who saw Jesus believed.

Remember that Jesus said no proof would be given except for the sign of Jonah.

Matthew 12

38 ¶ Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we want to see a sign from you.

39 But He answered and said to them, An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign. And there shall be no sign given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the huge fish, so the Son of man shall be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it, because they repented at the proclaiming of Jonah, and behold, One greater than Jonah ishere.

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the Judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it, for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, One greater than Solomon is here.

1 Corinthians 1

22 For the Jews ask for a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;

23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness.

24 But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Before I believed the bible was not enough. God moved the world around me in ways that I could not deny. After having read the bible to gain understanding, I can't understand how it was not enough as it contains way more than enough proof inside itself to declare that it is absolutely true without the need for the supernatural to occur.

Gary

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

From personal experience on my part, I would say that when he is silent, it's because I'm not listening

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I'm not trying to question God in a disrespectful way, I just find these things troubling. Two hundred years ago few people denied the existence of the supernatural, but with the advent of evolution, this has drastically changed. I have met many people who seem to want to believe, but cannot because they don't see evidence for God's existence. I find it hard to believe that most of these people unequivocally would reject God if they were presented with more concrete evidence. After all, isn't it true that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I find it hard to believe that most of these people unequivocally would reject God if they were presented with more concrete evidence. After all, isn't it true that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"?

That extraordinary quote is from an atheist. Its not true that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. It is only true that those who are not humbly seeking Him will use anything to justify their unbelief. No matter how much proof they have, some folks will not believe. It is a spiritual condition not solved by enormous amounts of proof.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I personally think that our senses have been dulled by scientific explanations for everything combined with all the distractions of the world and our busy schedules. God is still there doing all these miracles and supernatural things, but we are to busy to notice or we have a "logical" explanation for whatever it is. Kind of sad if you ask me. I notice God's glory much more when I go somewhere very quiet and meditate on Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

God moved powerfully in His first coming as a suffering servant, three and a half years of the miraculous and He was crucified, and He will move extraordinarily powerful in His coming as the King of Kings. He is coming back the same way He left, we should not seek a sign but signs will be given and the faithful will understand.

The manna falls every day.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

My two mites worth...

The ones who do not know God are there because

Ro 1:18-23

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

NKJV

God simply says you can see how My absence within sin is destruction of whatever holds to that sin... then destruction is what you desire and you have filled yourselves with it completely!

Interesting enough is the fact they came to this sight (all) and by choice they are what they are... all people are without excuse for there is

Ro 3:4-6

4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written:

"That You may be justified in Your words,

And may overcome when You are judged."

5 But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what

shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.)

6 Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?

NKJV

God 'IS' shouting the need of Him to everyman...

while seeing they do not see (by choice) - atrocities occur before all of us everyday and instead of saying why God we should say Lord forgive me...

while hearing they do not hear (by choice) - we have distinction of sounds formed to further our understanding of sight (block your hearing for a time an know its importance)...

In fact the whole of creation is focused upon the revelation of The Truth of God and it is so loud that in the end

Ro 14:11-13

11 For it is written:

"As I live, says the Lord,

Every knee shall bow to Me,

And every tongue shall confess to God."

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

NKJV

God is not quite as life itself 'IS' in Him alone ... and all men will confess this before Him by the overwhelming concession of here and now

that has been present since the beginning! Love, Steven