Me behave? Seriously?

As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked,

Cinderella arrived home after midnight,

Pinocchio told lies,

Aladdin was a thief,

Batman drove over 200 miles an hour,

Snow White lived in a house with seven men,

Popeye smoked cigars and had tattoo’s,

Pac Man ran around to digital music and popped pills to enhance his performance,

and Scooby and Shaggy were problem solving hippies who always had the munchies.

(with apologies to a Facebook post I saw)

And it worked out Ok for them

The fault is not mine!.....

Can we blame the youth of today when the above was considered harmless stuff, and considering what we see on TV now? :cool2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Fez my popeye smoked a pipe.

I do place some blame on kids and some on parents and some on government. Many not all kids do bad things knowing it is wrong and they have other choices to spend their time and choose not too. so to them I blame. Some parents just do not do what they should in certain circumstances so I blame them. And government has no clue but many time gets itself involved

so I blame them. I was raised in a non christian home and saw on tv and in real life the wrong things to do. I had many chances to run with the boys steeling, breaking in houses, drinking, smoking pot but I chose not to and I feel kids today can choose not to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Me behave? Seriously?

As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked,

Cinderella arrived home after midnight,

Pinocchio told lies,

Aladdin was a thief,

Batman drove over 200 miles an hour,

Snow White lived in a house with seven men,

Popeye smoked cigars and had tattoo’s,

Pac Man ran around to digital music and popped pills to enhance his performance,

and Scooby and Shaggy were problem solving hippies who always had the munchies.

(with apologies to a Facebook post I saw)

And it worked out Ok for them

The fault is not mine!.....

Can we blame the youth of today when the above was considered harmless stuff, and considering what we see on TV now? :cool2:

Wow! I never realized what bad influences we were exposed to as children until today.....it's a miracle any of us got beyond the serial killer stage. :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

This is an article taken from a Brittish newspaper....

-A 4-year-old British girl accidentally hanged herself trying to imitate a scene from the cartoon “Go Diego Go,” which airs on NickJr,

-A study by Angeline Lillard and Jennifer Peterson of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, revealed that 4-year-old kids who spent nine minutes drawing pictures did better in the tests of attention and cognition than those who spent that same amount of time watching fast-paced cartoons. Researchers suspect a link between such cartoons and lower level of concentration due to overtaxation of the brain caused by watching these shows.- Also I dont recall the whole episode but I watched a cartoon called "Dexter's labritory" with a little cousin (she was 5) and Dexter and his sister DeDe were eating coffee grounds and were bouncing off the walls, eating coffee grounds and bouncing off the walls, and the cycle repeated. Now is it just me or does it seem like the relation to it is cocaine?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

This is an article taken from a Brittish newspaper....

-A 4-year-old British girl accidentally hanged herself trying to imitate a scene from the cartoon “Go Diego Go,” which airs on NickJr,

-A study by Angeline Lillard and Jennifer Peterson of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, revealed that 4-year-old kids who spent nine minutes drawing pictures did better in the tests of attention and cognition than those who spent that same amount of time watching fast-paced cartoons. Researchers suspect a link between such cartoons and lower level of concentration due to overtaxation of the brain caused by watching these shows.- Also I dont recall the whole episode but I watched a cartoon called "Dexter's labritory" with a little cousin (she was 5) and Dexter and his sister DeDe were eating coffee grounds and were bouncing off the walls, eating coffee grounds and bouncing off the walls, and the cycle repeated. Now is it just me or does it seem like the relation to it is cocaine?

That is so aweful about that little 4 year old.

I blame the T.V. and Movie industries for the filth and corruption that they exposed to the public to children and adults.

Also,filth in magazines, tabloids, books, videos, and areas of the internet , etc.

Anything, and everything goes and exposed with these companies or industries .

Corruption just to make a buck, and would not careless about the respect for human beings.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Gen 8:21 .....for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth;.......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

-A study by Angeline Lillard and Jennifer Peterson of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, revealed that 4-year-old kids who spent nine minutes drawing pictures did better in the tests of attention and cognition than those who spent that same amount of time watching fast-paced cartoons. Researchers suspect a link between such cartoons and lower level of concentration due to overtaxation of the brain caused by watching these shows.

I read something long ago that compared kids who played video games with those who had imaginative play time. Those who played video games lacked a certain level of thinking ability. Those who engaged in imaginative play .. like you would get from playing with dolls and made up your own scenarios etc ... had a strong level of creative problem solving thinking. Perhaps it is the same with tv watchers versus kids who get out and do stuff. As I recall, it was passive thinking (tv watching where it is all fed to you) versus active thinking (where you have to think through what you are doing) that made a difference.