LOVE SONGS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Folks, I've just deleted a whole stack of posts which seem to be written in haste. If you think someone is questioning your salvation or judging you unfairly, perhaps take some time out and reread the post later. Chances are, rereading it later will show it wasn't as offensive or judgemental as you first perceived.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Tuesday, same sex marriages were approved, in the Episcopal Churches...in the U.S.

Next to follow to do so is , the United Church Of Christ .

News gives , that other Churches , may want to follow as well.

Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord . Which is sin.

If we break any of the the 10 commandments of God ? We sin .

These churches that approve same sex marriages , are preaching Jesus Christ.

What are we to do ? :noidea: How will we witness for the Lord ...to the lost ?

It IS sad that so-called Christian organizations condone homosexuality by legitimizing it viz-a-viz a marriage. However we as Christians, should always go only so far as to oppose the sin, and NOT the sinner. I'm sure there are things done in most churches that ALL the members don't like, but this issue really seems to polarize Christians. We use words like 'abomination' when it is used very little in the NT under the NC. Mostly to do with the anti-christ. Paul is the only writer that actually deals with homosexuality, as in 1Tim 1:10, but even in that verse he writes,

for the sexually immoral, for those
practising homosexuality
, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Note that Paul says 'prpractising so yes the church should oppose this, as Paul writes this in dealing with opposing false teachers. We do however, NEED to show love and acceptance to those caught up in homosexuality. It is deviant bebehaviourbut note that Paul says at the end of the above verse, whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine .

We need to focus a lot more on helping and loving the sinners, than condemning them.

Edited by Stan53

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Tuesday, same sex marriages were approved, in the Episcopal Churches...in the U.S.

It IS sad that so-called Christian organizations condone homosexuality by legitimizing it viz-a-viz a marriage. However we as Christians, should always go only so far as to oppose the sin, and NOT the sinner. I'm sure there are things done in most churches that ALL the members don't like, but this issue really seems to polarize Christians. We use words like 'abomination' when it is used very little in the NT under the NC. Mostly to do with the anti-christ. Paul is the only writer that actually deals with homosexuality, as in 1Tim 1:10, but even in that verse he writes,

ppractisinghomosexuality
, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Note that Paul says 'prpractising so yes the church should oppose this, as Paul writes this in dealing with opposing false teachers. We do however, NEED to show love and acceptance to those caught up in homosexuality. It is deviant bebehaviourbut note that Paul says at the end of the above verse, whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine .

We need to focus a lot more on helping and loving the sinners, than condemning them.

Please look up the word...abomination.

It means to hate or dislike.

The word may not have been used in the New Testament but, the meaning is used.

God is against, meaning He must dislike , homosexuality, for they shall not enter into the kingdom of God.. Romans, chapter 1.

I have a large family and there are a few who are homosexuals.

I do hate the act , but, I still have to Love my family.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

ppractisinghomosexuality

Please look up the word...abomination.

It means to hate or dislike.

The word may not have been used in the New Testament but, the meaning is used.

God is against, meaning He must dislike , homosexuality, for they shall not enter into the kingdom of God.. Romans, chapter 1.

I have a large family and there are a few who are homosexuals.

I do hate the act , but, I still have to Love my family.

The Greek word translated as abomination is, bdelygma, and connotes

1) a foul thing, a detestable thing

a) of idols and things pertaining to idolatry

Giving human emotions to God is not suitable to His character. He does NOT treat different sins with different levels of disdain.

Sin is sin in God's eyes, period. Using a word to convey God's feelings about homosexuality that he isn't saying, is not fair to ANY sinner, especially homosexuals. God is no more prone to hating homosexuals than he is in hating promiscuous fornicators. As I pointed out in the scripture I quoted, "whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine"

We are to love our neighbours as ourselves, that includes homosexuals, family or NOT.