• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't know if this is the right place for this? I am alone. I live alone, and the only family I ever had is all dead. I've been like this almost 12 years now. When one is alone almost everyday, with no one else to even speak to, even a very strong mind starts to break down. We lose the ability to relate to others because we don't have to do it. I believe God is real. I've even seen things happen that made it look like He was reading my mind and then made something happen. Sometimes He still does such things. But being all alone 24/7 is not good. I can say I believe, but too much believing takes me too far away from reality. If you know what that means, read on.

When I woke up today, and realized it is yet another day with no one in this space other than me, it occurred to me. I need to meet a real angel. I'm sure they monitor the Internet. I need an angel to come to my door and tell me he's an angel. I don't expect wings, or anything like Hollywood dreams up. I just need a real angel to come and tell me I have to stay alive, because everything I believe is real, really is. I need to know I'm a part of something besides my miserable existence on Earth. This is what I need.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I can really relate to what you said about how a strong mind can break down.. Too much alone time can really make one think things that aren't true . But that is where we need to step out in faith and keep fighting the good fight..

I don't know what God's plans are for you but I do know with Him we are NEVER alone. It certainly can feel like that most times without anyone there to talk with in the natural.. And 12 yrs is certainly a long time.. But as you and I both know His time is not ours.. Do not give up for your breakthrough could be right around the corner.

Maybe for the time being you could invest in a pet.. I don't know if you have any now or can have them where you are .. But they do make great company and most are in need of a great home as well..

Your life does have purpose.. it has meaning and God needs you. He put you here for a reason.. keep holding on and reaching out to Him and that purpose will be revealed.. Maybe go and spend time at your local nursing home.. where i used to live there were so many who's family never showed up to see them.. it was actually quite sad.. Maybe you could help out at a local shelter ..or volunteer somewhere... Not sure if you are working or what your financial situation is.. But, we are here to serve and to be a blessing to one another.. God will take care of what you need.. Since you are alone maybe you could reach out to others who are as well.

Please don't fall into this pit of self pity.. it doesn't get you anywhere but locked inside yourself and that is the last place God wants you to be.. Find ways, search the internet and go out and be a blessing.. I can guarantee when you step out God will step in...

You don't need an angel to come to your door.. God is right there inside of you.. He's as close to you as your next breath..Ask Him what he wants you to do.. He will show you .. God Bless you ..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I may not be alone cuz I'm married, yet I can relate to u..

Ma hubby is slowly getting interested into God.. But it's definitely a struggle for me!

It's hard to be with someone u love & adore, but doesn't wanna step in a church..

It's kinda like bein alone, bc ur both not in the same page SPIRITUALLY!

But, ma Lord listens.. Like I said, he's slowly starting to be interested, to stand up for the Lord against those who talk smack against God! :)

Ma Lord really does listen & answers our prayers.. But He does it in His own time..

U are here for a reason.. U wake every morning bc God loves u & has a purpose for u! :)

U are a very special soul, don't ever doubt that!

Start focusing ur mind on reading, singing, praying.. Ma Lord Juss wants communication with us!

Ma Lord loves u very much & is alwayz by our side.. See that means, ur NEVER alone! :D

Don't let things get to ya.. Believe me, that's the way that sneaky satan, tries to get the best of us..

Things seem krazy & out of control, but as long as u honestly & truly trust in the Lord & give Him all ur faith.. Things will alwayz be better!

Juss hold on TIGHT to His hand, everything will get better! :wub:

God bless u..

I know ma Lord has many wonderful things instore for u, Juss give the Lord ur worries & let Him do wat He's gotta do! :D

I hope I helped.. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I don't know if this is the right place for this? I am alone. I live alone, and the only family I ever had is all dead. I've been like this almost 12 years now. When one is alone almost everyday, with no one else to even speak to, even a very strong mind starts to break down. We lose the ability to relate to others because we don't have to do it. I believe God is real. I've even seen things happen that made it look like He was reading my mind and then made something happen. Sometimes He still does such things. But being all alone 24/7 is not good. I can say I believe, but too much believing takes me too far away from reality. If you know what that means, read on.

When I woke up today, and realized it is yet another day with no one in this space other than me, it occurred to me. I need to meet a real angel. I'm sure they monitor the Internet. I need an angel to come to my door and tell me he's an angel. I don't expect wings, or anything like Hollywood dreams up. I just need a real angel to come and tell me I have to stay alive, because everything I believe is real, really is. I need to know I'm a part of something besides my miserable existence on Earth. This is what I need.

Not trying to pry or anything, JTC, but do you not have a job? I am single as well and I work a lot of hours; I actually like coming home to my quiet space that is just for me after dealing with the chaotic world of the oil business all day. I agree that it's not good to be alone ALL of the time though. Please don't be offended by my words, it's just that you appear to be a fairly young man in your profile pic.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have broken out of my "shell" by becoming involved helping others that needed help. I became involved with the homeless, the hungry, those who could use my skills God gave me, and whenever I saw a need. It was not long before I was not alone any longer. We all have something in us that we can share. Try reaching out and see how God moves in your life. BE involved. Make a difference in just one life at a time.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

An angel may not come to your door in the appearance that you expect. As suggested, get a pet or better yet YOU be a blessing to someone who needs to be cheered or helped and you will not mind the quiet of your space.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Not trying to pry or anything, JTC, but do you not have a job? I am single as well and I work a lot of hours; I actually like coming home to my quiet space that is just for me after dealing with the chaotic world of the oil business all day. I agree that it's not good to be alone ALL of the time though. Please don't be offended by my words, it's just that you appear to be a fairly young man in your profile pic.

I have broken out of my "shell" by becoming involved helping others that needed help. I became involved with the homeless, the hungry, those who could use my skills God gave me, and whenever I saw a need. It was not long before I was not alone any longer. We all have something in us that we can share. Try reaching out and see how God moves in your life. BE involved. Make a difference in just one life at a time.

See I agree with both comments but I don't think it can simply be answered by just a get a job answer or do more. At the moment Im not working and its been really tough to miss out on that regularity I went from a workaholic to now no routine and that drives me mad. However during my process of looking for work I am also studying the bible and adding a lot of things into it. I am also looking to start volunteering for a disability charity. How about even finding a Church to volunteer at - this is just a matter to dealing with a large amount to vacant time. A systematic life can be as boring as one without any order.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I agree with this, and was going to ask if you attend a church and if so can you get involved?

I have found that people actually want to talk to you, especially if you are willing to listen. Once I learned that i could walk into a crowded room of strangers and strike up a conversation with no problem.

But OneLight is right, reach out, even in a very small way. Ripples have a way of spreading....

Blessings

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

John, man that would be awesome for sure. I too would really like to have em show up at my door or in the car or where ever as it really doesn't matter to me. It can be extremely difficult when you can't find others who take God as seriously as you do. They tend to become offended easily in you. I would just like to say that what you believe is real my friend and it is all going to become rather clear soon.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Thanks everyone.

No I'm not young. I'm 60. I wish there was a way everyone's age, or at least an approximate age could be known and be next to our names. I admit that I try to look young. I don't want to look old. But I'm just not young anymore.

We have a lot of dumb laws in this country. Actually I know these laws exist because satan rules this planet and the hearts of most people. I know all this. But because of this I can't explain things.

I would like to meet a real live angel because I need a reason to stay alive.

When I was younger I wanted to be a clinical psychologist because I had a genuine desire to help people. That didn't happen. Although there have been more than a few people who told me I helped them by talking to them. But all that is over now.

In the last 12 years I have tried to join a few churches. At that time Sunday mornings were not god for me. Now, Sunday mornings are still not good for me. Im can't explain that. I'm sorry, but I can't. But even if they were, I no longer have a car so I couldn't get to too many churches. But I think one reason people don't like me is because I am what everyone is afraid of. All alone at 60, no family, poor health, and no money.

A lot of people tell me to volunteer. I think I'm a person who needs someone to come to me as a volunteer.

I'm not crazy. In fact I'm very sane. But any sane person in my situation would also be depressed.