• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

One word....

Velociraptor.... The Ferrari of dinosaurs.

Now we are talking!

Eat a mammoth and spit the woolly part out....

Velociraptor_6001.jpg

So NOT cuddley! :happyhappy:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Eat a mammoth and spit the woolly part out....

LDPT could knit us all a woolly jumper, the Welsh are good at that.

:24: :24: :24:

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

At least ncn didn't pull out the pink elephant pictures :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I keep seeing the vision in my mind of the people driving crazily trying to outrun that T-Rex and the doctor looking over his shoulder and saying something to the effect of who was it that thought this was a good idea.

So many unintended consequences in something like this.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I welcome this because it will indeed prove that these Large Land Mammals with feet ill suited for ice and snow did not actually live in the frozen Arctic Tundra. Rather they lived in a lush Savannah full of the massive amounts of food they would have needed to survive. This will indicate that the earth at one time was actually much warmer than it is today and that all of this nonsense about Global Warming is nothing but that. It may also prove that there is no such thing as Evolution as well indicating that there is a Creator and that He is God.

Pardon me, but how will cloning any extinct animal help to prove creation by God is true?

Don't get me wrong, I have always believed God created all things anyway. I'll be totally onboard for something to prove this. I just don't see how cloning an extinct animal will do it. So please explain?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I welcome this because it will indeed prove that these Large Land Mammals with feet ill suited for ice and snow did not actually live in the frozen Arctic Tundra. Rather they lived in a lush Savannah full of the massive amounts of food they would have needed to survive. This will indicate that the earth at one time was actually much warmer than it is today and that all of this nonsense about Global Warming is nothing but that. It may also prove that there is no such thing as Evolution as well indicating that there is a Creator and that He is God.

Pardon me, but how will cloning any extinct animal help to prove creation by God is true?

Don't get me wrong, I have always believed God created all things anyway. I'll be totally onboard for something to prove this. I just don't see how cloning an extinct animal will do it. So please explain?

Think about it's close relation to the Elephant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Bible tells us that there is nothing new under the sun...... so with the genetic manipulationg going on today, who's to say that something of that nature wasn't happening before the flood and these creatures were not really created by God, but changed by the devil and his crew.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Think about it's close relation to the Elephant.

Yeah, it basically is an elephant. But that sounds more like you're trying to prove a wooly Mammoth evolved into an elephant. I know you're not trying to say that. So I still don't get how cloning one will lend proof to creationism?

Just to say again, I already know God created all things. I want to see proof of this as much as anyone.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The Bible tells us that there is nothing new under the sun...... so with the genetic manipulationg going on today, who's to say that something of that nature wasn't happening before the flood and these creatures were not really created by God, but changed by the devil and his crew.

Since that depends largely on what the specific definition and translation of "the son's of God" means in Genesis and that's open for debate. Also since Angels appear to be gender neutral in scripture I highly doubt that line of thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Well, the curious, nerdy part of me loves the idea of seeing a live wooly mammoth.

The sensible, somewhat paranoid part of me says, genetic manipulation like this is a VERY bad idea. Jurassic Park was a great movie, but the point it made is completely valid. Bringing back extinct mega species like mammoths or dinosaurs could so easily come back to bite us.

Finally, from a Christian point of view, I agree completely with Morning Glory's words, "if God is willing to allow the return of one of His extinct creatures, they will find viable DNA. If He is not, they will not find anything usable."