MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm really interested in this stuff but, truthfully, I'm not sure I'd want to survive if my family, neighbors and friends were gone. Thoughts?

http://ph.she.yahoo.com/will-you-be-able-to-survive-the-end-of-the-world-.html

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I'm outta here....but it's not gonna happen anyway...not this year

I suppose if I was still 20 I might....exciting and all that but IMO, if someone is so desperate to stay alive, there life

may be all they have and no hope of being with the Lord...sure there will be plenty of different opinions, but that's mine

Well, my primary thought is not what do I want, but what should I do. If there were an apocalypse, and my friends, family and neighbors were gone, then my next mission is to love those who are left, all the sinners for whom Christ died, like myself. All people are my neighbors

Luke 10

30Jesus replied and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead. 31“And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32“Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33“But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, 34and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35“On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.’ 36“Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers’ hands?37And he said, “The one who showed mercy toward him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do the same.”

The Samaritan was a neighbor, even to a stranger.

Who are we to love?

Matt 5

43“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46“For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47“If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Life lived right, is not about loving those who love us, loving those close, or loving those we enjoy. It is natural to do such things. We are not called to be natural, we are called to be super natural, loving those we do not feel affection for, loving those who are not so lovable, even loving those who are our enemies.

And what about your friends? The most important friend you will ever have, is our Lord Jesus, so be a friend to Him, He deserves it.

John 15

13“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14“You are My friends if you do what I command you.

And what did He command us to do?

Matt 28

19“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Notice that if we are Jesus' friend, we will obey him, and one of the ways we do that, perhaps the most important way, is to evangelize AND train others. Not only this, we are assured that He is with us, even when we fill alone.

I get from this, that if we are not making disciples, then we are prving that we do not really love God, I do not see how we can understand this any other way, without calling jesus a liar. So, in the kind of events you bring up, our job is clear, we are not to mope about losing our loved ones (though grief is natural), we have no time for selfish self pity, there is too much work to do.

Regarding survival skills, and preparation, there is nothing wrong with those.

Matt 6

25“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27“And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28“And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Seek first His Kindome and righteousness, and you are guaranteed your needs. Don't worry, if God feeds the birds, how much more will He take care of the faithful? Be faithful, full of faith, knowing that:

Rom 8:28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose

God's word: Learn it, love it, live it!

I'm outta here....but it's not gonna happen anyway...not this year

I suppose if I was still 20 I might....exciting and all that but IMO, if someone is so desperate to stay alive, there life

may be all they have and no hope of being with the Lord...sure there will be plenty of different opinions, but that's mine

It's very sad to think of having no hope of ever being with Him but, of course, many don't. :(

Well, my primary thought is not what do I want, but what should I do. If there were an apocalypse, and my friends, family and neighbors were gone, then my next mission is to love those who are left, all the sinners for whom Christ died, like myself. All people are my neighbors

I hadn't thought of that but I SHOULD have. We have to think beyond ourselves in order to serve Him.

Did anyone take the short quiz? I did.....and failed MISERABLY! Also, did anyone watch the show last night?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did anyone take the short quiz? I did.....and failed MISERABLY! Also, did anyone watch the show last night?

Useful info.

One note about starting fire is good kindling. Did you know that tampons make great kindling? Saw a video on how best utilize it for such.

Useful info.

One note about starting fire is good kindling. Did you know that tampons make great kindling? Saw a video on how best utilize it for such.

Amazing! I didn't know that but, since it could save lives at some point, I will definitely remember it.... :emot-nod:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Took the quiz and passed. Then again, I was a survivalist in my early years, training myself to live off nature. I still have a lot to learn about edible plants, I must admit.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,867
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Got 7 right out of the ten ... not sure it would be any use as we dont tend to have wild bears in the UK and knowing what you should do and being able to do it is not always the same thing :help: