• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Cartoons in French weekly fuel Mohammad furore

A French policeman stands guard outside the headquarters of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo in Paris, Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2012. Police took up positions outside the Paris offices of the satirical French weekly that published crude caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad on Wednesday that ridicule the film and the furor surrounding it. The provocative weekly, Charlie Hebdo, was firebombed last year after it released a special edition that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a "guest editor" and took aim at radical Islam.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

*false* prophet Mohammed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I had just read about this a couple of hours ago, Stephen. It's amazing to me that these people would try to push the muslims' buttons even more without regard for the consequences. I'm all for freedom of speech but, sometimes, a little common sense is called for.....even when dealing with the islamist barbarians.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I had just read about this a couple of hours ago, Stephen. It's amazing to me that these people would try to push the muslims' buttons even more without regard for the consequences. I'm all for freedom of speech but, sometimes, a little common sense is called for.....even when dealing with the islamist barbarians.

Just look at all the Hollywood films, as well as all the other publications, that blaspheme the name of Jesus. The muslims never raise a finger in protest at these, even though they are supposed to view Jesus as a prophet. Imagine what would happen if a film similar to Life of Brian depicted their false prophet in such a way.

Yes, they are barbarians. And they rely on their militaristic threats to silence and subdue us, so that we will be afraid to speak out.

It's surprising how so many Christians are so quick to say people should burn their books on the occult, or Harry Potter, or drug paraphenalia...but when it comes to the false prophet of Islam we should remain silent. Out of fear, I imagine.

He was a false prophet, and I will not refer to him as anything other than that. :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I agree, common sense is called for, and people have died for what? For some false God? Some false religion?

Do they want more bloodshed? There are other ways to oppose Islam.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Yes ...MG...you are right... about pushing buttons.

French people ... some walk around half nude in their country. The women go topless...and it is just a ordinary thing to them.

Other nations ...we call it shameful...and it is.

So drawings of anyone nude... is humor to them.

An article was on the news ,on the web about photos of Jesus, ... nude photos....I saw them at youtube ...of Jesus hanging on the cross and other horrible things done in the photos by an artist from the phillipines ... ( I think that is where he was from )

We didn't go about killing anyone for it.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

This is about France, so our First Amendment doesn't apply. But I am of the opinion that you'll never placate these neanderthals - no matter what you do. And I don't think you should try - because trying to placate them only puts off the inevitable confrontation.

Say that France were to imprison the creators of this cartoon. Would that satisfy their bloodlust? Well, maybe - maybe not.

But even if it does - for now - what happens the next time they decide to be "offended". You know they will. Is the rest of the world supposed to figuratively walk on eggshells so as not to offend their [false] prophet?

Sadly, there are too many who say "yes" to that question.

Somehow - some way - the world (which for the most part lives in the 21st Century) is going to have to figure out a way to live with the most radical followers of this religion - who live in the 12th Century.

This whole episode reminds me of a video game I used to play called "Civilization" For those who aren't familiar, its premise was to start a civilization circa 4000 BC - starting out with just hunters and gatherers. Gradually your civilization would discover fire, then the wheel, then how to forge weapons, etc. As the game progressed, your civilization would encounter other civilizations, fight wars, make alliances, etc.

I never got very far in the game (which is why I probably no longer play it). But the interesting thing was it had a "cheat" mode. Whenever I was about to lose anyway, I would engage the "cheat" mode and - voila! - my stone age civilization would have Nuclear Weapons or missiles.

That's why it reminds me of the present day radical Muslims. They have a 12th century outlook, but they soon may have nukes.

In my game, that never ended well.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

This is about France, so our First Amendment doesn't apply. But I am of the opinion that you'll never placate these neanderthals - no matter what you do. And I don't think you should try - because trying to placate them only puts off the inevitable confrontation.

Say that France were to imprison the creators of this cartoon. Would that satisfy their bloodlust? Well, maybe - maybe not.

But even if it does - for now - what happens the next time they decide to be "offended". You know they will. Is the rest of the world supposed to figuratively walk on eggshells so as not to offend their [false] prophet?

Sadly, there are too many who say "yes" to that question.

Somehow - some way - the world (which for the most part lives in the 21st Century) is going to have to figure out a way to live with the most radical followers of this religion - who live in the 12th Century.

This whole episode reminds me of a video game I used to play called "Civilization" For those who aren't familiar, its premise was to start a civilization circa 4000 BC - starting out with just hunters and gatherers. Gradually your civilization would discover fire, then the wheel, then how to forge weapons, etc. As the game progressed, your civilization would encounter other civilizations, fight wars, make alliances, etc.

I never got very far in the game (which is why I probably no longer play it). But the interesting thing was it had a "cheat" mode. Whenever I was about to lose anyway, I would engage the "cheat" mode and - voila! - my stone age civilization would have Nuclear Weapons or missiles.

That's why it reminds me of the present day radical Muslims. They have a 12th century outlook, but they soon may have nukes.

In my game, that never ended well.

Blessings!

-Ed

We blaspheme the prophet every time we call him a liar. I have no problem with the cartoons.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The women go topless...and it is just a ordinary thing to them.

Apparently Kate did it not know the second part of the sentence.