IGNORED

The gift of prophecy

gdemoss

Guest bryanw92

Oh yeah!....years ago I used to wish we were like the NT believers...then one day it dawned...we ARE the NT believers....I really

don't think it was any different then, once things got going, then it is now....you can read all about the sin and the error in the NT

I agree, We are the NT believers. We just have more distractions than the ones in Acts. Its all about ignoring the distractions for the modern Christian.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

The people in Acts were ALL IN !!! Very few people today are willing to give the Lord they're whole body, mind, soul. And even less are willing to give up all their possessions for the good of the called out group.

Guest bryanw92

I agree, We are the NT believers. We just have more distractions than the ones in Acts. Its all about ignoring the distractions for the modern Christian.

lol, Um........ There was folks trying to kill them at the time. For me that would be a distraction.

When someone is trying to kill you, it becomes very easy to focus on the important things and to leave the distractions behind. That's why we get distracted so easily. We're too safe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The people in Acts were ALL IN !!! Very few people today are willing to give the Lord they're whole body, mind, soul. And even less are willing to give up all their possessions for the good of the called out group.

Amen! Oh where is the God of Elijah! There is a blessedness of possessing nothing yet all things being yours. What is missing today is the ministering of the Spirit. Too many giving out bible tracks or half hearted gospel messages about getting saved instead of teaching others that they can have the promise of the Father and walk in newness of life hand in hand with the very one who created them. Take the world but give me Jesus....

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

God saved me through a man of God (in Kerala, India) with the real gift of prophecy(and I believe the majority are false). It was just like 1Cor14. God told me things that only I knew (in my own head). I grew up Pentecostal then fell away. Just because there is so much false, doesn't mean the real is gone. Spiritual gifts are to strengthen the church, but the enemy also mimics. Test everything and differentiating of spirits is also a gift.

Guest LoyalGypsy

Respectfully:

The gift of Prophecy simply means inspired speach.

It really does not mean that. for me, this is not something about this person is wrong and that person is right. It is ONLY about what

the Bible defines as the prophetic word

Alot of times on the street, I'll approach people and just know about them, and what the Lord reveals is the gold in their heart, it si always to encourage and build up. For example, Saturday we went out to the skatepark to love some kids and one kid I looked at him and knew he was a leader and influenced everyone around him, I also saw he was a proptector to those around him. Then the guy next to him I knew he played music and was good enough to start a career with it. I also felt his knee was injured and it turns out his knee had a steal plate in it. So after a quick prayer he said all the pain left his knee.

That is not the gift of prophecy. That, is a word of knowledge

Please note that prophecy deals with WORDS FROM GOD and does not mean information about an individual. That, is another gift

as noted, word of knowledge CONCERNING that person

I have had a good number of words of knowledge myself and it is not prophecy...again, I'm not wanting to be right or think

you are wrong

I really want to see what scripture is stating regarding the op

Greetings

It is ONLY about what

the Bible defines as the prophetic word

It is taught that we should know the word which the LORD hath not spoken

Deut 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

Therefore it implies we will know the word the LORD has spoken

LG

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

1 Tim. 1: "18 Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19 holding on to faith and a good conscience..." Prophecy can be personal. Hmm, here's one to throw you for a loop, 1 Tim 4: 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you." Unfortunately, the vast majority I've dealt with have been false, but doesn't mean that the real isn't there...somewhere...

Edited by godproof