• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

This is a copy of the reply to mine to him, errors and all:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for the repeal of the President's health-care law. I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue, and I share your concerns with this massive government intrusion in Americans' lives.

The President's unpopular health-care law greatly increases the government's role in our health-care system, fails to lower costs, and raises t axes and premiums . Regrettably , the Supreme Court of the United State s upheld the health- care law's individual mandate tax in a 5-to- 4 decision. The Supreme Court's decision confirmed w hat De mocrats have been denying – that the President's h ealth- care law is a tax on the American people. The tax increases in this law will cost the American public more than $675 billion over the next ten years.

The Supreme Court ruled on the constitutional arguments against the President's health- care law, but all the significant policy flaws rem ain. Congress needs to repeal this harmful legislation immediately . Americans deserve aff ordable, high- quality health care – not a 2,700-page bill that puts Washington bureaucrats in control.

I support lower premiums and patients' freedom to choose their providers. In 2008 , I introduced legislation that would have broadened insurance competition across state lines, giving individuals and families more choices and using market forces to drive down costs. My bill would have allowed patients to keep their current doctor and would have help ed Mississippians who cannot afford health insurance . I believe in workable s olutions that empower patients – not unelected bureaucrats – in their health-care decisions.

Congress needs to repeal the President's harmful health-care law in its entirety and replace i t with meaningful solutions. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,

Roger F.Wicker

U.S. Senate "

Has anyone done a study or seen tax increase amounts which are to start in 2013? Add this increase to the rising cost of food and fuel and determine if you can afford to live. I begin to wonder if the FEMA camps might be to house those of us who can no longer support our self and our family, and if you think I am kidding let me assure you I am not.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Here in Canada we have had free health care for as long as I can remember. For the very few times my family has had to visit the doctor it has cost us dearly in taxes. By the time all is said and done....my family pays 65% of our earnings out to various tax related government programs. That's Canada for you...land of the free.

Just think, you all are paying taxes for abortions now just like we are. ALOT of our tax dollars go to those. And parents stand in line in emergency rooms over a child with a cough. People go because of the craziest things too...and the drunks are another one, along with those tripping on drugs that get a free hospital stay until they are done the bad trip. Don't get me started on health care.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Here in Canada we have had free health care for as long as I can remember. For the very few times my family has had to visit the doctor it has cost us dearly in taxes. By the time all is said and done....my family pays 65% of our earnings out to various tax related government programs. That's Canada for you...land of the free.

Just think, you all are paying taxes for abortions now just like we are. ALOT of our tax dollars go to those. And parents stand in line in emergency rooms over a child with a cough. People go because of the craziest things too...and the drunks are another one, along with those tripping on drugs that get a free hospital stay until they are done the bad trip. Don't get me started on health care.

I don't know where you live, but I am Canadian and I really do not find our health care system to be as degenerative as

what you seem to be presenting.

65%? are you sure? As far as actual health benefits go, the employee and the employer each pay a percentage and

that is what goes to healthcare

Would you like to pay 45,000.oo dollars for an operation instead? Yes, that is what bypass surgery would cost you

if you needed one and did not have healthcare. I know, because someone we know had that surgery and they

were not Canadian but had the operation in Canada because it was an emergency life saving operation.

I'm VERY glad we have healthcare and I am happy to contribute

What I would like to see done away with, are retired folks paying school taxes. My mom is 86 and is still having to

pay school taxes. I'm pretty sure she has paid her share a long time ago

I'm still paying but no children in school.

Honestly, I take exception to knocking Canada...and by the way, Land of the Free is an American expression

I don't mean to be argumentative...I am presenting another view on the same thing

I'm fine discussing it with you, I just do not quite agree so if you would like to discuss further that's fine

I don't know where you live, but I am Canadian and I really do not find our health care system to be as degenerative as

what you seem to be presenting.

65%? are you sure? As far as actual health benefits go, the employee and the employer each pay a percentage and

that is what goes to healthcare

Would you like to pay 45,000.oo dollars for an operation instead? Yes, that is what bypass surgery would cost you

if you needed one and did not have healthcare. I know, because someone we know had that surgery and they

were not Canadian but had the operation in Canada because it was an emergency life saving operation.

I'm VERY glad we have healthcare and I am happy to contribute

What I would like to see done away with, are retired folks paying school taxes. My mom is 86 and is still having to

pay school taxes. I'm pretty sure she has paid her share a long time ago

I'm still paying but no children in school.

Honestly, I take exception to knocking Canada...and by the way, Land of the Free is an American expression

I don't mean to be argumentative...I am presenting another view on the same thing

I'm fine discussing it with you, I just do not quite agree so if you would like to discuss further that's fine

No, not only healthcare...I'm refering to all of the things we are taxed on put together. We are taxed to death in this country! And yes, we have Calculated it and we are indeed paying out 65% of our income to taxes alone.

Oh and to clarify...I love Canada and wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but we truly are taxed far too much

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think many of us in the US realize the amount of taxes we pay..... Income tax, State income tax. Sales taxes. Gasoline taxes Alcohol and Tobacco taxes fees on our phone bills and other things are really taxes, and now special taxes on different medical things ...... it all adds up to a bunch.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

No, not only healthcare...I'm refering to all of the things we are taxed on put together. We are taxed to death in this country! And yes, we have Calculated it and we are indeed paying out 65% of our income to taxes alone.

Are you including the tax on purchased goods etc? cause 65% is whopping big....but I agree about having to pay way too much taxes

I did read you have calculated it...when I worked full time in an office, I worked a day and half just to support the government which

irked me for sure

I like this scenario: You buy a car. You pay tax. You sell the car. The person who buys it pays tax (on the new amount) and on it goes

until the poor thing is ready for the dump. Then, whoever is left with the remains pays to put it into the dump and is taxed on that also

It stinks IMO

Oh and to clarify...I love Canada and wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but we truly are taxed far too much

Glad to hear it and of course we are! Argh

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for the repeal of the President's health-care law. I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue, and I share your concerns with this massive government intrusion in Americans' lives.

The President's unpopular health-care law greatly increases the government's role in our health-care system, fails to lower costs, and raises t axes and premiums . Regrettably , the Supreme Court of the United State s upheld the health- care law's individual mandate tax in a 5-to- 4 decision. The Supreme Court's decision confirmed w hat De mocrats have been denying – that the President's h ealth- care law is a tax on the American people. The tax increases in this law will cost the American public more than $675 billion over the next ten years.

The Supreme Court ruled on the constitutional arguments against the President's health- care law, but all the significant policy flaws rem ain. Congress needs to repeal this harmful legislation immediately . Americans deserve aff ordable, high- quality health care – not a 2,700-page bill that puts Washington bureaucrats in control.

I support lower premiums and patients' freedom to choose their providers. In 2008 , I introduced legislation that would have broadened insurance competition across state lines, giving individuals and families more choices and using market forces to drive down costs. My bill would have allowed patients to keep their current doctor and would have help ed Mississippians who cannot afford health insurance . I believe in workable s olutions that empower patients – not unelected bureaucrats – in their health-care decisions.

Congress needs to repeal the President's harmful health-care law in its entirety and replace i t with meaningful solutions. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,

Roger F.Wicker

U.S. Senate "

Has anyone done a study or seen tax increase amounts which are to start in 2013? Add this increase to the rising cost of food and fuel and determine if you can afford to live. I begin to wonder if the FEMA camps might be to house those of us who can no longer support our self and our family, and if you think I am kidding let me assure you I am not.

All the more to vote Obama out !

Thanks for posting this ...sweety... you are right ....

(quote)joi

wonder if the FEMA camps might be to house those of us who can no longer support our self and our family, and if you think I am kidding let me assure you I am not.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

That is a jaw dropping amount of money! Here in the US we might get four nights stay in hospital for that amount.

Just yesterday I was talking with a man who was hospitalized for three nights trying to resolve a stopped up bile duct

and he was charged over $38,000.00.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,

Roger F.Wicker

U.S. Senate "

All the more to vote Obama out !

Thanks for posting this ...sweety... you are right ....

(quote)joi

wonder if the FEMA camps might be to house those of us who can no longer support our self and our family, and if you think I am kidding let me assure you I am not.

The fema camps are for muslims that are about to start trouble in the US.......... and if they are not used for that then they will be for those of us who will not bow to Allah.