GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

http://www.biblegate...:28&version=KJV This is probably what he meant.

Yes, about gender, that is the verse. About gain, we can find it here. People may say it is just a parable, but parables have truth in them, and Christ was speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven and likened the parable to it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

The common argument here is that Christ changed everything and it is not like it was back in the OT days anymore. Somebody forgot to tell Peter (he's always the last to know) and he chose to write to wives telling them to model their obedience as per Sarah and old time holy women who trusted in God. He specifically noted that Sarah referred to Abraham as lord or the ultimate authority in her life in her heart and not just of lip service. Women should be held to the utmost high standard and treated as if they are better than all the treasure of the earth by their men but that doesn't change the way it has always been. Praise God for creating women! But as for Satan who took advantage of them through deceit and became the father of all those who would continue in his way.....God be judge. He started with women but eventually pulled the wool over the eyes of entire nations.

Gary

Perhaps so we can understand better... What are the take aways of this post please?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Gal 3:23-29

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

NASB

I think I would have to disagree that he is speaking of the Kingdom of God in this particular scripture.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

NASB

I think I would have to disagree that he is speaking of the Kingdom of God in this particular scripture.

Do you believe that once we leave this life, we are no longer in Christ? I would argue that we are fully in Christ at that time. Does it not say that we are all one in Christ? Does that ever strop? If not, than the explanation is correct.

NASB

Do you believe that once we leave this life, we are no longer in Christ? I would argue that we are fully in Christ at that time. Does it not say that we are all one in Christ? Does that ever strop? If not, than the explanation is correct.

He's speaking to people in the time frame of the present..... not after the resurrection. I have no idea what our resurrected bodies will be like, I'm only commenting on this not pertaining to post resurrection.

NASB

He's speaking to people in the time frame of the present..... not after the resurrection. I have no idea what our resurrected bodies will be like, I'm only commenting on this not pertaining to post resurrection.

Then we will have to agree to disagree. He may be speaking to those who were alive them, but His words stretch into eternity when He said "in Christ". Like I said, when we leave this life, we will be fully in Christ.

NASB

Then we will have to agree to disagree. He may be speaking to those who were alive them, but His words stretch into eternity when He said "in Christ". Like I said, when we leave this life, we will be fully in Christ.

You don't think we're not in Christ right now...... he is speaking of what we are spiritually and in standing amongst each other. Spiritually were not Jew or Gentile, male or female, free or slave. We're to treat each other as equals because we are in Christ if we are saved.

NASB

You don't think we're not in Christ right now...... he is speaking of what we are spiritually and in standing amongst each other. Spiritually were not Jew or Gentile, male or female, free or slave. We're to treat each other as equals because we are in Christ if we are saved.

I believe this will continue in the next life, and even more so. I have never read, nor seen the slightest indication or suggestion, that we there will be women giving birth in heaven. It is sometimes hard to separate this life from the life to come. Gender, nationality and status has a purpose here. What purpose will it have in heaven?

NASB

I believe this will continue in the next life, and even more so. I have never read, nor seen the slightest indication or suggestion, that we there will be women giving birth in heaven. It is sometimes hard to separate this life from the life to come. Gender, nationality and status has a purpose here. What purpose will it have in heaven?

LoL, no one said anything about giving birth in heaven...... where in the world do you get some of your ideas....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

NASB

LoL, no one said anything about giving birth in heaven...... where in the world do you get some of your ideas....

Re: Gal 3:23-29 @Other One & OneLight - There will not be marrying in the resurrection. (Matt 22:30)

I keep telling my wife that if there is in the New Heaven and New Earth then I call dibs on her though. ;) She always laughs.

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.