GoldenEagle

De-Evolution of Culture Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is morally wrong?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe that people living together before marriage is a sin?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Do you believe that spouses should be faithful to one another and not commit adultery?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

There are even species which are 100% homosexual.

Ciao

- viole

Okay. I'll admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

But . . . how does that work?

:emot-questioned:

Blessings!

-Ed

http://en.wikipedia....Mexico_whiptail

Ciao

- viole

Technically speaking isn’t parthenogenic reproduction asexual reproduction?

Not sure if asexual reproduction counts. Lol. ;)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Please keep in mind that this we strive to keep a Christian-friendly, family oriented atmosphere on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure whether a certain cultural relax is the main responsible for the fall of a certain culture. I am not an expert of history, but I read something concerning the fall of the roman empire. Homosexuality, adultery, etc. do not appear at the top of the list of the reasons of its decay. But I suspect that like every other cultural shift it could be the effect and not the cause.

Ciao

- viole

God is allowing history to repeat itself. The fall of the Roman Empire had a similar de-evolution. Let’s look at Romans 1:18-32.

Romans 1:18-32

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

(Vs. 18 & 19) God loves the truth and has shown it to mankind through His Word. People have suppressed the truth and sought after unrighteousness.

(Vs. 20) Creation testifies to His eternal power and those who do not believe are without excuse.

(Vs. 21) Even though God revealed Himself to mankind they did not glorify Him as God, but instead were ungrateful. The implication is they turned to idols.

(Vs. 21) Therefore they became futile in their thoughts.

(Vs. 22) Wisdom they called foolishness.

(Vs 23) They turned to images or idols.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

(Vs. 24) Because of this God allowed mankind to entertain unclean thoughts and the lusts of their hearts – heterosexual orgies as part of pagan rituals to “worship” idols in verse 23.

(Vs. 24 and 25) They dishonored their bodies and exchanged God’s truth for lies.

They served and worshiped themselves.

This next part cannot be overlooked. Don’t miss this. It get’s worst.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

(Vs. 28) So because of their idolatry (Vs. 23) and their lack of knowledge of God (Vs. 28), God allowed them to have a degraded mind (also “lowered character” - Vs. 28).

(Vs. 23-25) Because of their worship of idols (Vs. 23) God gave those who dishonored their bodies (Vs. 24) and exchanged God’s truth for lies (Vs. 25) over to disgusting passions which are unnatural. (vs. 25)

(Vs 26) The word “even” implies that women have relations with women is the next phase in this downward spiral of depravity against nature.

(Vs. 26 and 27) Because the women were engaging in unnatural passions (Vs. 26) and they allowed themselves to futile/foolish minds (Vs. 21) men left their natural desire of women for men.

This is the classic example of the consequences of men not being spiritual leaders in their homes, in the Church, and in society at large.

(Vs. 27) These unnatural acts between men were very shameful and they received punishment for their errant thinking/actions.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

(Vs. 29-31) The result of their degraded mind (or lowered character) was mankind engaged in all sorts of evil desires (Vs 29-31), which were not fitting (Vs. 28).

(VS 32) Mankind new that God was a righteous judge.

(Vs. 32) People who follow after evil desires deserve death – meaning sin leans to death both physically and more important spiritually (Hell – eternal separation from God).

(Vs. 32) People who approve of people who have a degraded mind and clear sin are deserving of spiritual death as well (Hell – eternal separation from God).

Wow, that really stinks no?

Summary of Sin's Progression:

Mankind rejected God’s truth.

Not only that but we have suppressed God’s truth and followed after unrighteousness.

Because of Mankind’s rejection of truth humanity fell into idolatry.

This lead to fornication and adultery in heterosexual relationships.

This lead to the devaluation of Biblical marriage between one woman and one man.

In case you missed it: This is the classic example of the consequences of men not being spiritual leaders in their homes, in the Church, and in society at large.

This then lead to unnatural relations between women.

This then lead to unnatural relations between men.

God allowed mankind to have a degraded mind and be consumed by all sort of sin.

The end? Nope.

But thankfully the story doesn’t end there!

Well, the Good News is Jesus Christ paid the price for all sin at the Cross. He died for me and you! (See Rom. 5:8)

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

If we you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead you don’t have to face eternal death or Hell per Romans 10:9.

Romans 10:9

…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Those who receive Christ and believe in His name can be called children of God per John 1:12.

John 1:12

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

So now those who claim and believe in Jesus will have their minds transformed by the renewing of their mind in God's Word where we find God's Will.

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Jesus is Lord!

Eagle

Why I left God? It was a bit like a telluric movement. A constant accumulation of energy followed by a sudden discharge. The real catalist was reading some books from Dawkins and Dennet and realizing that I was agreeing with virtually everything written on them. That was something completely outside my control, I could not believe the supernatural anymore.

Ciao

- viole

So basically through "New Atheism" you came to understand that God could not have created the world. Therefore, if He didn't create the world He couldn't exist?

Wow. I guess as a Christian this reminds me to be careful what I read... Especially if and when I'm going through a crisis of faith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Ciao

- viole

Blessings!

-Ed

Ciao

- viole

i didn't read in the article where it stated that the species had members of the same sex try to mate whith each other. I think this is a lame attempt to normalize homosexual behavior by saying oh look since the animals do it then its ok. more studies need to be done on this to get to the truth. in my opinion the behavior the lizards are displaying may be due to an imbalance in hormones which confuses the animal.

Ciao

- viole

Blessings!

-Ed

Ciao

- viole

i didn't read in the article where it stated that the species had members of the same sex try to mate whith each other.

It's toward the end.

Ciao

- viole

So what you're referring to are the New Mexico whiptails which are a cross bread (or hybrid) between western whiptail which lives in the desert and the little striped whiptail that favours grasslands. They reproduce asexually yet engage in mating behavior.

I think further research would be needed as there are no sources provided. I mean after all, it is wikipedia. ;)

I guess through this one example we're trying to prove that it is a natural occurance in nature? Lol.

Not really. The irony is that I received these books from my husband, who is an atheist since he was eight years old, as a Christmas present.

These books did not change my mind in a significant way at all. I just realized that they were expressing what was already in my mind; they just made me conscious of this fact. I might say I was already an atheist before opening them, albeit probably not conscious of this fact.

That was scary and exhilarating at the same time. It is difficult to put these feelings in words...

Whether they might have some influence during a crisis of faith, I cannot say. I think my faith was already gone.

Some Husbands

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Ephesians 5:25

Pray Over Their Wife

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

Some Husbands

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11

Prey Over Their Wife

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 Peter 2:1

~

Believe

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. Matthew 1:19-25

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

I think further research would be needed as there are no sources provided. I mean after all, it is wikipedia. ;)

I guess through this one example we're trying to prove that it is a natural occurance in nature? Lol.

It's Not Unusual

http://www.mosaicsci...13_02_82_01.pdf

Yet It Is Strange To Me To See Such Proud Claims Of Mankind's Sexuality "Devolving" To The Level Of Lizards And Frogs And Such

And Used As A License To Disagree With God That Sexual Congress Between Man And Man Or Woman And Woman Is Sin

And Not Knowing Nor Caring That Celebrating Ones Unbelief Is A Sure Sign Of A Reprobate Mind

And Rather Than Pleasure, It Leads To Eternal Shame And Punishment

Unless They Should Repent

And Believe

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:26-32

Do you believe that people living together before marriage is a sin?

Two people answered that living together before marriage was not a sin. I wonder are those non-believers or Christians?

Two people simply living together is not a sin. But it can lead to lust and fornication, which are sins. However, if this couple joins together in faith before GOD to be man and wife as the Scriptures mandate, that may be a different story and not sinful. I personally believe that GOD sees that as marrage. On that point, I guess it depends on whether one believes that couples marriages must be sanctioned by the State in order to be valid.