• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Greetings,

When the New City Jerusalem comes down out of Space and lands over where Jerusalem is now, what do you think the inhabitants of the Earth will call this Massive City that comes out of Space and lands over Jerusalem? A UFO maybe?

^i^

Care to quote the scripture for the above, and your thoughts behind it's intended meaning?

Rev21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

That is the Verse that teaches the New City Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven, the other part of what i said is a question concerning this event.

^i^

There will be no people there when it arrives, for those who have survived with already be in the New Jerusalem. Everyone else would of been judged at the Great White Throne Judgment or at the Bema seat of Christ. The life we now know will never exist after the 1000 year reign of Christ as the old heaven and earth fled away and a new heaven and earth replaced the old.

Greetings,

When the New City Jerusalem comes down out of Space and lands over where Jerusalem is now, what do you think the inhabitants of the Earth will call this Massive City that comes out of Space and lands over Jerusalem? A UFO maybe?

^i^

I think you need to understand that before New Jerusalem comes down, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Who are these people you talk about?

The New Heaven and the New Earth will be created in 7 years, for the inhabatants of the Earth this is called the Tribulation Period. In the middle of Tribulation period roughly 3 1/2 years Christ will return to gather His Church to live with Him in the New City Jerusalem that comes down out of Heaven with Him. At this time many will come against the New City to destroy it, all who go against the New City will be killed. Anyone who will not accept His Rule will fight against Him, they will attach the New City Jerusalem, all who come against it will die horribly, eyes melting in their heads, and blood up to the horses bridle. The Saints will safely be inside with Jesus in the New City, the place that Jesus went to prepare for us as a bride. The last part of the 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period is to destroy the wicked off the Earth, this is done by the pouring of the vials upon the Earth. It is the Tribulation Period that creates the New Heaven and the New Earth.

^i^

This is false teaching. I challenge you to provide scriptural proof of your teachings. God, who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them in six days, does not need 7 years to create a New Jerusalem. Neither does scripture tells us that when Christ returns for His thousand year reign that he will bring with Him the New Jerusalem.

Here is what scripture says:

Revelation 20:11 - 22:5

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Everyone else would of been judged at the Great White Throne Judgment or at the Bema seat of Christ.

What evidence is there to suggest that these are two separate things?

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Greetings,

^i^

I think you need to understand that before New Jerusalem comes down, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Who are these people you talk about?

The New Heaven and the New Earth will be created in 7 years, for the inhabatants of the Earth this is called the Tribulation Period. In the middle of Tribulation period roughly 3 1/2 years Christ will return to gather His Church to live with Him in the New City Jerusalem that comes down out of Heaven with Him. At this time many will come against the New City to destroy it, all who go against the New City will be killed. Anyone who will not accept His Rule will fight against Him, they will attach the New City Jerusalem, all who come against it will die horribly, eyes melting in their heads, and blood up to the horses bridle. The Saints will safely be inside with Jesus in the New City, the place that Jesus went to prepare for us as a bride. The last part of the 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period is to destroy the wicked off the Earth, this is done by the pouring of the vials upon the Earth. It is the Tribulation Period that creates the New Heaven and the New Earth.

^i^

I'm sorry, but you are not getting this teaching from the Bible. The wicked born during the Millennium to those that survive the Tribulation Period, (who, during that time, will be giving Christ lip-service worship), will join with Satan after he is released from the bottomless pit, and will attack the old city of Jerusalem. God will immediately destroy them. It is after that event when God will create the new heavens and earth, with the new city of Jerusalem.

The lesson? Even with Jesus on earth in bodily form, one cannot change their sinful nature. It's not the environment, it's the human heart.

Guest Editor1

If the earth is destroyed, what happens to the people living on it?

Where does a new earth come from? Or it is more like a "remodeled" version of the present earth?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The NEW JERUSALEM is the redeemed. The cube like description given in Scripture isn't literal, but rather a concept of perfection. Perfect in height, width and length. The New Earth will have no sea. Anything outside of the New Jerusalem is the Lake of Fire, just as Ge-enna was outside of the literal city.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Where does a new earth come from? Or it is more like a "remodeled" version of the present earth?

They are either a part of the New Jerusalem or in the Lake of Fire. And renewed is more correct than remodeled. The old earth will be burned away and all of its works as well, and the unsaved inhabitants will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

They are either a part of the New Jerusalem or in the Lake of Fire. And renewed is more correct than remodeled. The old earth will be burned away and all of its works as well, and the unsaved inhabitants will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Peter 3:10

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1942

Jesus spoke in parables, hyperbole, figurative language. He used simile's and hardly ever spoke in straightforward language. When the Disciples asked Him why - what did He say? Likewise a lot of OT prophesy was also concealed in figurative language. The bottom line is that Jesus does not want part of his audience to understand the Message. And they didn't - for example: the religious leaders of His day didn't have a clue about Him being the Messiah dispite the fact that the OT is loaded with types and shadows of Jesus. The Disciples also before Pentecost 30AD thought in a very soulish way (literal.) They did not understand a lot of what He was doing and saying. However after Pentecost this seems to have changed. Jesus always spoke directly to the spirit of the individual – after all he said his words were spirit and truth.

It was a scribe or copiest who wrote the first three verses of Revelation and he stated that John had "SIGNIFIED" the book - in other words it was put into symbolic or Apocalyptic language. So we can't take the book as literal. God in the OT writes much of Prophesy in this coded language meant for the remnant of Israel (His true followers) and not the proud and haughty. Here is the pattern that I find in scripture. God inserts outrageous comments into the text to show his remnant that he is not speaking literally. When Jesus was using an idiom to describe His second coming he states that the stars will fall from heaven. This is a technical impossibility - so from that we understand that He is using an idiom and it is not literal. Zechariah said that “all nations would come against Israel" – not possible inhistory or in our future so it is not a literal war that he is talking about. He further states that Egypt will have no rain – it doesn't rain in Egypt as it is totally watered by the Nile. And there are many more.

So when this city comes down out of heaven, which is 1,500 mils cubed - then you know that this is symbolic and not literal. Where did the governments of the world come from? Up from the earth and sea – the government of God came down from heaven. This city is cubed – just like the Holy of Holies, the Temple building, and the Temple and Temple Mount of Herod was. This is symbolic of the government and residence of God – the New Covenant people who are the stones that construct this temple. There is no way that a 1,500 mile cubed city will alight on Jerusalem in the future.

Edited by Sonseeahray

Jesus spoke in parables, hyperbole, figurative language. He used simile's and hardly ever spoke in straightforward language. When the Disciples asked Him why - what did He say? Likewise a lot of OT prophesy was also concealed in figurative language. The bottom line is that Jesus does not want part of his audience to understand the Message. And they didn't - for example: the religious leaders of His day didn't have a clue about Him being the Messiah dispite the fact that the OT is loaded with types and shadows of Jesus. The Disciples also before Pentecost 30AD thought in a very soulish way (literal.) They did not understand a lot of what He was doing and saying. However after Pentecost this seems to have changed. Jesus always spoke directly to the spirit of the individual – after all he said his words were spirit and truth.

It was a scribe or copiest who wrote the first three verses of Revelation and he stated that John had "SIGNIFIED" the book - in other words it was put into symbolic or Apocalyptic language. So we can't take the book as literal. God in the OT writes much of Prophesy in this coded language meant for the remnant of Israel (His true followers) and not the proud and haughty. Here is the pattern that I find in scripture. God inserts outrageous comments into the text to show his remnant that he is not speaking literally. When Jesus was using an idiom to describe His second coming he states that the stars will fall from heaven. This is a technical impossibility - so from that we understand that He is using an idiom and it is not literal. Zechariah said that “all nations would come against Israel" – not possible inhistory or in our future so it is not a literal war that he is talking about. He further states that Egypt will have no rain – it doesn't rain in Egypt as it is totally watered by the Nile. And there are many more.

So when this city comes down out of heaven, which is 1,500 mils cubed - then you know that this is symbolic and not literal. Where did the governments of the world come from? Up from the earth and sea – the government of God came down from heaven. This city is cubed – just like the Holy of Holies, the Temple building, and the Temple and Temple Mount of Herod was. This is symbolic of the government and residence of God – the New Covenant people who are the stones that construct this temple. There is no way that a 1,500 mile cubed city will alight on Jerusalem in the future.

Why is it impossible for all the nations of the world to turn against Israel? Why is it impossible for God to actually recreate the heavens and earth that would house a 1500 cubic city? Seems to me that since you don't understand that He can and will, you just suggest it is symbolic.