• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Recent news ...On the Wal-mart Strike

Wall Street Journal...... http://finance.yahoo...-033600803.html

Walmart-Protest-Main_uni_1353340950.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://money.msn.com...&ocid=ansmony11 <----Click on link

Wal- Mart Workers Strikes On Black Friday

walmart641.jpg

Even though it has no employee unions, Wal-Mart (WMT -1.00%) may get socked with worker strikes on Black Friday.

Workers want better pay, more health care coverage and permission to form unions without retaliation. If Wal-Mart doesn't offer them an olive branch, some of them appear ready to go on strike on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1

Strikes at wal-mart ? Be real ? ... they might get fired . My opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Wal-Mart is smart enough to not allow unions (Hostess anyone?) and they know if they have to fire those people, there are thousands more waiting to snatch up those jobs.

Wal-Mart is smart enough to not allow unions (Hostess anyone?) and they know if they have to fire those people, there are thousands more waiting to snatch up those jobs.

Yeah ...but then workers will holler discrimination to the Labor board.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I used to work at walmart. Like 70% of their workers are on welfare, even the fulltime ones.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

im not for minimum wage laws but capitalism isnt corporatism. if you dont like walmarts treatment of workers then dont shop there. i dont. i just wish my wife agreed with me. we already have child labor in the us. its call illegal immigration. i bet if we dug we would find it going on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

At least they have jobs. Thats more than many people in this country have. No one is forcing them to work there. If they are not happy in their job they should leave it.

I think we will see a lot more strikes in this country as the mindset that companies owe their employees more than they have now sinks in. Businesses will start to fold or raise prices to try and make up for their losses. This will continue to hurt the economy.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Yeah ...but then workers will holler discrimination to the Labor board.

Sometimes there isn't discrimination. Workers at certain places of employment don't always put their best foot forward. I avoid Walmart if at all possible. The customer service is lacking in most stores I've been in. Plus I have a pet peeve with their carts always (99% of the time) squeaking... Lol.

At least they have jobs. Thats more than many people in this country have. No one is forcing them to work there. If they are not happy in their job they should leave it.

I think we will see a lot more strikes in this country as the mindset that companies owe their employees more than they have now sinks in. Businesses will start to fold or raise prices to try and make up for their losses. This will continue to hurt the economy.

I agree at least they have jobs.

It really depends on the laws of the state and if it is employment at will. Walmart is not in any danger of folding but consider other smaller companies. Unions are not necessarily the answer. Companies are cutting expenses. Having a job in this economy is a blessing.

Take Hostess (Twinkies) for example: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57550880/twinkies-maker-hostess-going-out-of-business/

Twinkies maker Hostess going out of business

November 16, 2012, 2:03 PM

The maker of the iconic U.S. snack Twinkies said Friday it is going out of business and laying off all of its 18,500 workers after a national strike crippled its operations.

The company, founded in 1930, was fighting battles beyond labor costs. Competition is increasing in the snack space, and Americans are increasingly conscious about healthy eating.

Hostess Brands had warned employees that it would file a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to unwind its business and sell assets if plant operations didn't return to normal levels by Thursday evening.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

They will be open, as stated on the news. If people choose to not work their scheduled shifts, they take a chance of loosing their jobs. It really is that simple.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i know more about walmart then you think. i also know about sam walton and would love it if was like those days. he didnt get stuff from china.

i have a sams card and i used to buy food from walmart. why do i not like walmart?

1) food doesnt last when i buy it, it rots quicker then the food i buy from publix and my wife doesnt by meats nor veggies from them either.

2) the policy on cursing is so draconian that even at the distrubition center thats overly enforced to the point that a former coworker there hit his knee on a conveyor and cursed and was written up. he quit over that.

3) a christian friend from a communist nation compares walmart to a communist state.he worked at the distrubition center

4) would you wait in line for twenty minutes @ 6am or even 5 am to get three things or less?

5)publix is more expensive and yet it has hurt walmart and it gets it food from local farms, yes i know walmart does this but in general most of the time the past it didnt. mcarthur milk is found at walmart here and publix.

6) in the past walmart got busted for hiring illegals in past.

so if lets say in the name of capitalism all americans no longer have jobs that make and produce things in america but only service things or sell. that is what i meant by corportarism isnt capitalism. florida citrus is a perfect example. before nafta there was a ton of orange growers locally. now only a few, i would rather support the neighbor grower and worker then some brazilian one or chinese.

theres a movement in isreal to buy only isreal products because its blesses fellow jews and isrealis.why not bring that to america? why not have that same thing.