• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

lol at the one wal-mart I worked at, it was hilarious-I had a support manager, who hated my guts (still havent found out why) and wouldve gotten me fired if I could, but she couldnt do anything to me, because both of the assistant managers, on the night staff loved me-and wanted me on the management track (which I refused) one night, I was working pets, it was a light night not much freight, and most of what we had was bag freight which we threw out pretty good. well, me and the other guy working pets stopped to visit, and one of the assistant managers saw us, walked up and asked what I was doing. I turned, looked him in the eye, and said "training for management" to which he laughed, and then joined in the coversation for another 45 minutes. so for 45 minutes, all we did was sit around and talk, and that support manager walked by us, and saw us doing it, and I saw her face-she was MAD but couldnt do anything about it, because even with the break we finished our department, and helped finish up toys before quitting time, so even if she went over the assistants head-she had no proof because we got our work done. It was rather amusing. And at our store, the only people that ever got overtime, were the inventory people, and on occasion, the cashiers when we were short. Everyone else, once it was quittin time it was quittin time-5 minutes of overtime turned into a coaching real fast.

Part of why the assistant managers loved me, was because they would do what your store would do-come by at night, and add to my workload, and 9 times out of 10 I got it done-inside my 8 hours. One night, I was swamped in toys-14 pallets (that department, one person could average 7-8 working at a good pace) and the manager asked me to move a pallet of pellets out to lawn and garden, which I did-which turned into a nightmere-I had to re-arrange probably a half dozen other pallets to get it to fit, and the pallet broke open on me so I had to clean a huge mess-and still managed to to hammer out 11 pallets. the next day, they pulled a similar stunt-I finished the department I was in at 6, so they then told me to reset an entire aisle for some seasonal stuff in an hour-and I did it to. Safe to say, if I took an extra long break occasionally, no one ever said anything to me about it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Working at walmart is not slavery. You are pushing the social justice gospel which is not scriptural.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

As an example, this is the only time, in over 3 years that I have actually gotten in any sort of real trouble. I hate the pick system, with a passion. For many reasons. It doesn't work, it is a gigantic time waster, and it is more of a hassle than anything else. I don't know how it is nation wide, but in our store, if the IMS team does not want to work in the coolers or the freezers, they don't have to. So that means that we are often expected to both label our back stock and bin it at the end of our shift. This is not part of our job description, and there is an entire department of people who are supposed to be doing this job. But they get to pick and choose which parts of it that they do and it is my major pet peeve. But whatever. Just before inventory, we where getting dinged about physically writing the quantity on the labels, because we weren't doing it. The reason being, the quantity in the box is printed right on the label and there is absolutely no reason to physically write in the quantity unless it is a partial case. One night, I decided it would be funny to write the numbers on the label in the form of Roman numerals. When one of the day managers saw it, they wigged. And they wigged, because they couldn't read Roman numerals. So they told the overnight manager that I had to be both written up, and receive a verbal coaching, which is way out of order. The overnight manager said he thought the entire thing was hilarious, and he was not going to write me up, and if I would change all the numbers back to regular numbers, there also would be no coaching and nothing in my record, like none of it ever happened. And I agreed, because it was something I really shouldn't have done. There are exeptions in every job and sometimes things happen that shouldn't. Sometimes managers go too far. And sometimes, employees got to far and neither side is usually honest about it.

HA! HA! HA! HA! ...that is too funny ...changing the label numbers to Roman Numerals .... :P

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

All the walmart employees thus far have testified to, at least, less than enviable conditions. And no empathy? Are we really meant to grin and bare it?

I know that Paul did not instruct slaves to rebel or even strike but rather to be good and true in their service, dutifully doing the work assigned, and not resent their "masters." Perhaps we do indeed have it to good in this country. The sense of entitlement, which seems discouraged at every turn in Scripture, appears to be expected and demanded by many in this country, looked at as a basic right. Where is the line?

The conditions workers labored in for over a century were terrible. Yet it was not seen by most in society as terrible. The rule was for over a century from our conception (and returning) was a form of Social Darwinism, the survival of the fittest. Frontier Justice. Manifest Destiny. The "movers and shakers, "the "job-creators,"; were America's elite: they were who really counted and made America great according to the recent and prevailing humanistic philosophy. This is not a liberal fairytale; it is history, and a history that once espoused such ideals unabashedly. Look at a Civics Book from the mid-1800s.

As stated previously, the terrible abuses to the labor force were ubiquitous and considered acceptable. Child labor, no safety requirements, no job security, 12 hour days 6 days a week, sweat shops, company stores, government endorsed suppression, no insurance, unsustainable wages, sanctioned mistreatment by management, and so on. Was it wrong to protest? How about those women in the Garment Center of New York, forced to work over 12 hours a day just to barely make ends meet and without safety conditions, who burned to death: were they just lucky to have a job? How severe does the degree have to be?

When Paul was falsely arrested and those in charge, assuming he was not a Roman citizen and thus unentitled to certain consideration as a citizen of Rome, he protested. But this was not to gain protection or favor as a citizen of Rome but to shame the inequality and injustice of the system, pointing to God's perfect system of law. It was not for himself. How do we feel about slavery today? Are we wrong?

How do we feel about slavery today? Are we wrong?

huh... ? :huh::blink::P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And they wigged, because they couldn't read Roman numerals.

So tempted to rant about our education system. . . . .

:emot-fail:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

lol. roman numerals. i would have done it in arabic if i could remember them. or hebrew if i know them. lol

And they wigged, because they couldn't read Roman numerals.

So tempted to rant about our education system. . . . .

:emot-fail:

Go ahead and rant. :laugh: The schools systems in the US have gone down hill ever since God, the 10 Commandments, and the Bible were removed from public education. Today, they'll teach about "Janey has 2 Mommies," but not Reading, Writing, and Math.

To be far though: I've had to look up the Roman Numerals a couple of times when reading older books -- because it had been years since I used them! :)

or joe has two dads, and wait in canada its being said that even polygamy is being pushed under the same logic as gay rights. woops.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

There are two main problems with our school system.

first and most important is "Parents"

Second and almost as important; We no longer teach kids to think...... they are taught to learn. And in not having critical thinking skills, they will accept almost anything.

if walmart is slavery then what in the world is illegal immigration. selling oneself and job searching isnt taught much these days. its like this when you apply for a job its just like a bid for a job, or selling a product. this time the product is your time.