OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What is going on lately? Why is there so much discord/division? Why are there so many personal attacks, insults and downright disrespect toward each other?

I have been asking these questions to myself as I read the reports and check threads of interest. I wanted to blame it on the intensity of the election, but the election has passed and this still continues. I have only my imagination to measure how the results have affected people’s lives.

I do know one thing. God is preparing this world for the return of His Son. When I look to Scripture for a description of how the world will be, it is much uglier than what I see today. Yet what I do see is an escalation to what He tells us will happen. I am concerned that if we, because of just one election, become so quick to judge and cause pain, what will we be like when it continues to get worst? I have to shake my head due to the images this question brings to me. I do not like what my imagination shows.

We are His children, whether or not we agree with who should run the country, what we should pay for taxes, who does what to themselves, and how disturbing the future looks as we remember our past. We are not these things, though they have an effect on us if we allow it. We need to continue to seek God and follow His directions. We need to keep our focus on Him and what He has called us to do.

So, how does all this relate to my questions? I am convinced that we in ministry cannot continue to allow things to get too far down the wrong road before we step in. At one time, members used to work things out after a few posts, but that is not what I have been seeing in the past months. So, I ask everyone to do the following:

• If you know you are butting heads with another member, be the first to offer an olive branch and be the peacemaker.
  • If you notice that you are getting heated by another’s response, walk away from the thread until you know you have His peace back in your life over the issue.
  • If you feel strongly about an issue between you and another member, offer to debate it in the Soap Box forum so the two of you can focus on each other’s response and not all the other posts of those who want to be involved.
  • Check your attitudes as you post, ensuring that what you are posting is exactly what you want to post.
  • Watch your words. Using passive aggressive statements are just as cutting and demeaning as an outright insult.
  • Ensure that you are discussing the issue, not the person.
  • If you have a personal statement to another member, take it private and remain respectful.
  • Take the time to ensure that what you think someone is saying is what they are saying, not reading into another’s post.
  • Ask questions for clarification when a statement is unclear instead of assuming you know what someone is saying is advisable.
  • Back up your words with supporting Scripture. If you don’t, one could easily see a post as “cause I said so”, which goes absolutely nowhere.
  • If you witness a wayward post or thread, please report it. We cannot be everywhere at once and there are far too many threads to read through to catch everything. I would rather have to filter through many reports then to have anyone think we are playing favorites by allowing a member to blast another member, or that a topic is allowed when it should not be.
  • Always seek the guidance from the Holy Spirit as to how to reply to a post.
  • Last, but far from the least, post as if you are posting to Jesus, because He is with you and everyone else.

We are trying our best to turn Worthy into a place where heavy discussions and debates are without any insults and attacks. If you are not already familiar with our

Terms of Service or Statement of Faith, please do familiarize yourself with them both.

By taking time to become aware of what you are posting is a start. We will not accomplish this overnight, but by taking one-step at a time, we will all feel safer about who we are and what we believe. I know that when I have a wall up, which is the result of negative posting, I am not going to accept any correction I may need that is brought to me through the one who is insulting me while offering me truth.

The other side of the coin is that if we find people continuing to attack and insult, we will be restricting them from posting for a few days so they can consider their actions. In the past, all we had was Mod Review or a ban. By placing someone on MR, we had to spend a lot of time reading continued insults and attacks, sometimes at us for taking action. This has taken too much time from the forums, so we are trying to step back from this and allow people time to think things over. I have personally had to take a few days off from the site and seek the Lord for a refreshing on the Fruit of the Spirit in my life and to ensure that the words I use come from Him and not my flesh. I suggest others consider doing the same before things come to a point where we have to move you in that direction.

I encourage all of use to learn to step back from our posts before we hit the “Post” button and read what we are about to submit as if we are reading it for the first time with no preconceived idea of what was written. This will help to ensure that what we are about to submit is what we really what to say. Nobody can read anyone’s mind, so clarity of thought is essential for correct understanding.

Here are a few closing verses to keep in mind when posting.

Colossians 4:5-6 (NKJV)

Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

John 13:34-35 (NKJV)

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Galatians 5:16-26 (NKJV)

Walking in the Spirit

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

:thumbsup:

The one thing I hope, and pray for is that this is placed upon our hearts, and isn't taken lightly. Though our differences are many; the one thing we can agree upon is the Love and Peace of our precious Lord and Savior. We are and claim to be imitators of Him, yet fail. Not fail to be like Him, but fail to begin. Let the Love, Peace and Tenderness of the Lord reenter our hearts, and the Spirit lead us in truth, rather than the faults of flesh. Let this be step one to recovery, not only for ourselves but for the Lord.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Amen~!

agree-Copy.gif

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Thank you OneLight, an inspiring message! I went and read the Statement of Faith again, and it lifted me up tonight for some reason.

Once again, thanks, and this is something I will quote from in the future.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Very wise post. Sometimes we take our eyes off of Christ in our desire to be "right" and "win" a debate.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Thank you OneLight, an inspiring message! I went and read the Statement of Faith again, and it lifted me up tonight for some reason.

Once again, thanks, and this is something I will quote from in the future.

This is awesome OneLight! Thanks for sharing! I agree with Fez's comment. I too will quote from this in the future. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Great post there Onelight! :)

Continuing by faith to believe for this body of Christ:

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:1-6

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Praying~

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Great post, OneLight, and wonderful insight into the problems we face on this site. I, personally, intend to curb my instincts to argue and 'one up' others. It's unchristian to act that way.