Anderseric

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Folks. Thank you for your comments. I also celebrated Christmas and put up Christmas trees. Now I wonder if the practice glorifies God. Someone asked if the question is about legalism. Far from it. If we seek to walk in His ways, seek to be holy, and imitate Jesus just as Paul imitated Him, should we not do so out of faith? We cannot earn salvation, but we work toward being good and faithful servants. My question stands: does having a Christmas tree in our homes glorify God? I purposely avoided asking the question during Christmas so as not to offend those celebrating with their families. If not now, when?

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for creating commandments of men. Are we doing the same? Are we imitating Jesus as best as we can or are we adopting the traditions of man? Can pagan symbols become holy?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Well I heard that goats like eating em when we are done

God created all the trees. He also created the moon...some people worship the moon goddess...does that

mean that my husband and I should never sit together and enjoy the full moon again?

You do know, this is a very old debate and will go nowhere, right?

Nice first op.... :help:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Folks. Thank you for your comments. I also celebrated Christmas and put up Christmas trees. Now I wonder if the practice glorifies God. Someone asked if the question is about legalism. Far from it. If we seek to walk in His ways, seek to be holy, and imitate Jesus just as Paul imitated Him, should we not do so out of faith? We cannot earn salvation, but we work toward being good and faithful servants. My question stands: does having a Christmas tree in our homes glorify God? I purposely avoided asking the question during Christmas so as not to offend those celebrating with their families. If not now, when?

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for creating commandments of men. Are we doing the same? Are we imitating Jesus as best as we can or are we adopting the traditions of man? Can pagan symbols become holy?

By that logic, the calendar in your home is a pagan symbol and doesnt glorify God. Should Christians toss out all of their calendars?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

welcome to Worthy!

hmmm....i've never worshipped a tree, and don't personally know anyone that has or does. but, i do know someone that constructed one room of their house around one, which is pretty cool. i don't know anyone that worships nativity scenes either, but think they are a nice reminder of God's plan. like i feel about most all the rest of Creation, i am right fond of trees though. without them, there'd likely be no you or me or a multitude of other amazing things that we should be sharing the planet with...

Yes, this is a very old debate and we still put them into our homes. Yes, I would prefer to use a lunar calendar as Jesus did, but that is not very practical. Removing a tree is. Enjoying the moon is different than worshipping it. Trees glorify God, but not in our homes. Are we really looking for excuses to follow the commandments of men?

Here is a more generic question. Do we and should we try our best to walk as Jesus walked? It is also an age old question. How did He walk? How did Paul and the Apostles try to walk?

Yes, this is a very old debate and we still put them into our homes. Yes, I would prefer to use a lunar calendar as Jesus did, but that is not very practical. Removing a tree is. Enjoying the moon is different than worshipping it. Trees glorify God, but not in our homes. Are we really looking for excuses to follow the commandments of men?

Here is a more generic question. Do we and should we try our best to walk as Jesus walked? It is also an age old question. How did He walk? How did Paul and the Apostles try to walk?

So I guess you have no houseplants at home?

Practicality shouldnt factor into the discussion. If you think the trees are bad, then by the same logic you should find the calender reprehensible and get rid of it.

Im not looking for excuses to follow what you call the commandments of man. I do not feel led by Him to disregard Christmas or Christmas trees. I am curious though. Do you celebrate birthdays? Do you light candles on the birthday cake? Do you celebrate only the Jewish feasts?

One question others have asked that you have neglected, and really is quite important to any discussion ... Who is Jesus to you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

May I bother you for an answer as to why you are asking these questions? They are questions trolls ask, knowing that there is no real answer, only enough of a kick to get people going ...

You are right. I will look into the birthday cake candle possibility. Thank you for opening my eyes and helping me hear His word. If candles are pagan then I am glad to stop that tradition too. To answer your question, Jesus is my lord and savior. I found your site randomly or if you will was led to find you. Seeking to walk as Jesus did is not trivial. That is my goal. Maybe this site and its participants are not interested in the same.

Blessings to you and your members.

Do you celebrate only the Jewish feasts?

Is Jesus the Son of God, part of God Himself? Or is He merely man to you?

Whose teachings do you follow regarding the bible? There are certain groups that hold to the "Christmas tree is evil" viewpoint. Im curious if you belong to those.

Seeking to walk as Jesus did is not trivial. That is my goal. Maybe this site and its participants are not interested in the same.

You do seem to be quick to condemn.