worshiper70

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't watch. I didn't miss nothing either. LOL I refuse to watch half time shows every since Janet Jackson had that unfortunate costume accident (choke choke).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

What about the auto commercial where the devil offers the Mercedes Benz to the guy in exchange for his soul. Another commercial, I don't think it was during the game though, is the woman hitting on the Geico pig at a make-up spot. I'm sick of it, but the game was really competitive in the 2nd half. 49ers would have won if the officials had not been in the tank.

I didnt find that one (the mercedes one) as glorifying satan at all. It was humorous, it was actually kinda makin fun of the devil, making light of selling your soul to the devil. I dont think its glorifying satan, nor even the lucky chair ones as part of the occult-though they did bring in aspects of it, but rather making light of it, and Ill admit, I find that disturbing, that we live in a culture that can simply laugh at someone selling their soul to the devil just to buy a car, or get a lucky chair. And I agree, there is a lot of sex in the commercials (and definetly the half time show) but thats found in TV all year round. nothing new there.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The salt has lost is savor.

How then can it be made salty again?

Salt was used in the ancient world to preserve against putrefaction. It was also a cleaning / sterilizing antiseptic.

The Church is no longer either.

Not really.

Instead, we joined the world in its passion quest for mammon. Lust. Power. Money. Possessions. We either tolerated it or indulged in it.

Beyonce will dress fairly properly at times and tell everyone she is a Christian and that "the other thing" is just an act, a role, a persona she assumes...

I single her out only because she is so public and brazen about it.

But how guilty are we all of being like Beyonce in our lives!

If the beast appeared tomorrow and forced 666 marks on everyone to track down Christians (who won't accept the mark) will they be able to find you? Or me?

How often do we roll out the How Christian I am act in Church but hide it the rest of the time in public? Assuming a version of that "persona" Beyonce mentioned....

That half time show was tame and lame compared to the other trash that is on tv or in the movies or online...

Young children today are exposed to what grown adults should not see. Regularly...

And we bristle at Beyonce's slutty display?

Women in general are victims of their own exploitation of their sexuality. And men are happy about it. For example, a man and a woman appear in a given situation. The man is well dressed as is the woman. Both have manners etc. But the tendency of the public is to size the woman up to see what she's got (and what she's showing along those bigoted lines).

1 Peter 3:1-7 (KJV)

1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Quite the opposite of what goes on today. And it victimizes us all.

America is being judged for the way we turned our backs on Christ and embraced harlotry. The only thing holding back total judgment is that we are still in support of Israel even though it is hanging by a thread (that support I mean). When it goes, then America will fall.

Unless a miraculous revival takes place, our televisions may be tuned in to different channels but it will always be Sodom and Gomorrah Television.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The game itself was fantastic. The commercials wernt the best ive ever seen, they had some good ones but they wernt as good as previous years. But the game itself, was a lot better then many of the previous ones-right down to the wire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I usually watch the Super Bowl, but I didn't care for either team this year.

guypie.gif