• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

This is a split from another topic...

The alarming speed at which our country is disintegrating is absolutely mind blowing. This is what happens when you abandon God though. He is on our lips but our hearts are far removed from Him.

I don't think the "country" ever worshiped God. This isn't old testament Israel and there is no Biblical evidence of a covenant that God made with the United States. Having said that, this is clearly alarming for a myriad of reasons. Firstly, this will give any male who wants to be able to get into the girls' bathroom easy access, and vice versa. That's the first thing that popped out at me. This is eventually going to go very badly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The alarming speed at which our country is disintegrating is absolutely mind blowing. This is what happens when you abandon God though. He is on our lips but our hearts are far removed from Him.

I don't think the "country" ever worshiped God. This isn't old testament Israel and there is no Biblical evidence of a covenant that God made with the United States. Having said that, this is clearly alarming for a myriad of reasons. Firstly, this will give any male who wants to be able to get into the girls' bathroom easy access, and vice versa. That's the first thing that popped out at me. This is eventually going to go very badly.

Actually, the country was founded on Judeo/Christian principles and you should really look into the covenant that the Pilgrims made with God when they landed here. No we are not a Theocracy like OT Israel. However, we have declared His name over our Nation, our Laws, and our Institutions and that is not deniable, try as you like. There is also Gods Law which when followed is a Blessing but when abandoned leaves a Nation without covering Grace.

I tire of folks who believe that we can live like hell and escape Judgment. God is Just! yes He is Merciful but there are clear standards by which He will take a Nation away.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Actually, the country was founded on Judeo/Christian principles and you should really look into the covenant that the Pilgrims made with God when they landed here. No we are not a Theocracy like OT Israel. However, we have declared His name over our Nation, our Laws, and our Institutions and that is not deniable, try as you like. There is also Gods Law which when followed is a Blessing but when abandoned leaves a Nation without covering Grace.

I tire of folks who believe that we can live like hell and escape Judgment. God is Just! yes He is Merciful but there are clear standards by which He will take a Nation away.

The USA was founded in the aftermath of the war of independence not by the pilgrims, who incidentally weren't even the first colonists as the folk at Jamestown turned up first. The pilgrims also had a pretty nasty record too. I'm a Quaker and several of us were murdered by the Puritan regime merely for having the audacity to minister amongst them and then there was all that burning of women in Salem.

It's also with remembering that the glorious past alluded to also included slavery and the segregation and lynchings that followed it and the genocide that wiped out most of the indigenous population.

I never said we were going to "escape judgement." It's obvious to me that nothing we can do will cause us to "escape judgement," including making some unilateral covenant with God because in the end all nations turn on Israel, including this one. My problem with the statement is that Biblically God is the one who makes covenants, not men. Did abram offer isaac to God unilaterally or did God order abram to sacrifice isaac and then reward him for obedience later? Israel didn't go to God and say "here, we're going to do be your people and you're going to be our God." It was exactly the opposite in both situations.

The name God is used in a lot of official documents, money, etc. in the united states as well, but where is the recognition of the true Christian God? Where is the name Jesus in our constitution. If the founding fathers were so sold out on an idea of a secular government with Christian theocracy as the basis for society where is Jesus being preached in all this?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

i believe there is a solid difference between a covenant man makes with God, and a convenant God makes with man.

The USA was founded in the aftermath of the war of independence not by the pilgrims, who incidentally weren't even the first colonists as the folk at Jamestown turned up first. The pilgrims also had a pretty nasty record too. I'm a Quaker and several of us were murdered by the Puritan regime merely for having the audacity to minister amongst them and then there was all that burning of women in Salem.

It's also with remembering that the glorious past alluded to also included slavery and the segregation and lynchings that followed it and the genocide that wiped out most of the indigenous population.

I never said we were going to "escape judgement." It's obvious to me that nothing we can do will cause us to "escape judgement," including making some unilateral covenant with God because in the end all nations turn on Israel, including this one. My problem with the statement is that Biblically God is the one who makes covenants, not men. Did abram offer isaac to God unilaterally or did God order abram to sacrifice isaac and then reward him for obedience later? Israel didn't go to God and say "here, we're going to do be your people and you're going to be our God." It was exactly the opposite in both situations.

The name God is used in a lot of official documents, money, etc. in the united states as well, but where is the recognition of the true Christian God? Where is the name Jesus in our constitution. If the founding fathers were so sold out on an idea of a secular government with Christian theocracy as the basis for society where is Jesus being preached in all this?

When the Pilgrims left Europe to escape persecution for the Faith, by Faith, were they engaging in a unilateral Covenant??????

I suppose you discount the revival here after the Civil War that has led directly to the prosperity that has now trapped us because we have forgotten God?????

Come on, Leftist revisionist history is designed to make you espouse and think just the way that you are. You don't even have to be in Covenant with God to follow His Law. If you do you will be Blessed and if you don't you won't. It is the way that the Creation is ordered.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The pilgrims also had a pretty nasty record too. I'm a Quaker and several of us were murdered by the Puritan regime merely for having the audacity to minister amongst them and then there was all that burning of women in Salem.

Correction: The Pilgrims were not Puritans.

Explanation

The pilgrims also had a pretty nasty record too. I'm a Quaker and several of us were murdered by the Puritan regime merely for having the audacity to minister amongst them and then there was all that burning of women in Salem.

Correction: The Pilgrims were not Puritans.

Explanation

Sis, he doesn't care.

When the Pilgrims left Europe to escape persecution for the Faith, by Faith, were they engaging in a unilateral Covenant??????

I suppose you discount the revival here after the Civil War that has led directly to the prosperity that has now trapped us because we have forgotten God?????

Come on, Leftist revisionist history is designed to make you espouse and think just the way that you are. You don't even have to be in Covenant with God to follow His Law. If you do you will be Blessed and if you don't you won't. It is the way that the Creation is ordered.

I don't know about all this, it sounds VERY much like word of faith doctrine applied to nations, i.e. "here God, we'll do what you say as long as you keep us safe and shower us with material wealth." All we are promised as Christians is eternal fellowship with God. We aren't promised powerful nations or vast material wealth as far as I can see, Biblically.

I don't know about all this, it sounds VERY much like word of faith doctrine applied to nations, i.e. "here God, we'll do what you say as long as you keep us safe and shower us with material wealth." All we are promised as Christians is eternal fellowship with God. We aren't promised powerful nations or vast material wealth as far as I can see, Biblically.

How do you explain scripture like this;

Zec 14:17

And it shall be, that whosoever will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

You really ought to look into Suzerian Vassal Covenant. :thumbsup: