wingnut-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Revelation 16:12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and it's water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13 Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

I am curious as to interpretations of why this verse appears here at this time.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It is about those who are and are not prepared for the rapture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Revelation 16:12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and it's water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13 Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

I am curious as to interpretations of why this verse appears here at this time.

I have wondered the same thing,it seems out of place, as the spirits are preparing the whole world for battle, they are expecting the return of the Lord and think they can win the battle.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Not out of place at all, unless you believe He will come before He is finished. Read the seventh bowl ... "It is done!"

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Also He is talking about the battle of Armageddon which in the 16th verse. Those who have withstood the Tribulation (Jew and Gentile) the will be taken at His second coming/rapture for which He is warning the people to be ready.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Not out of place at all, unless you believe He will come before He is finished. Read the seventh bowl ... "It is done!"

I'm a post-trib believer, and ready for what is ahead. The part that seems out of place is he comes as a thief, they seem to be preparing for his arrival, thinking they can defeat him. A thief comes when no one is expecting them.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I'm a post-trib believer, and ready for what is ahead. The part that seems out of place is he comes as a thief, they seem to be preparing for his arrival, thinking they can defeat him. A thief comes when no one is expecting them.

I think if I understand correctly, that they are preparing to wage war on Israel, so they are not expecting The Lord to come. What strikes me is that the 7th bowl is still to follow, unless I'm missing something.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

But this is a problem, is there a mention of a bride or bridegroom? In Matt. there is the parable of the virgins and lamps that must be kept trimmed waiting for the bridegroom and in Rev they are told to keep their garments clean. Which is it?

The term Thief in the Night means at a time when they don't know. Nobody knows when He will return, we only have signs and seasons to watch for.

But this is a problem, is there a mention of a bride or bridegroom? In Matt. there is the parable of the virgins and lamps that must be kept trimmed waiting for the bridegroom and in Rev they are told to keep their garments clean. Which is it?

Both.