doubting_tommy

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that the requirement will be the same for the Aborigines, Native Americans, and anyone else who had not heard the name "Jesus Christ" as it was in the OT. As long as they believed in the One True God, not gods or nature or idols, believed that they were not righteous or worthy of GOD's approval as their conscience told them, and that GOD would provide the way for them to become acceptable to Him, then they will be saved. Now days, the Name of Christ has been spread throughout every corner of the world. That's just my opinion based on what I have learned through studying all of scripture.

I don't really understand how the process is supposed to work. Say I'm some tribesman in a remote corner of the world and have no contact with or knowledge of Christianity. How exactly does it work such that I would come to understand the One True God?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

I have read this article and totally agree with it:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Old-Testament-believers.html

And of course the New Testament tells that those who believe in Jesus Christ and have asked Him into their hearts and have asked for forgivness of their sins will go to Heaven.This still stands.

GOD puts it in your heart that there must be a Creator, that things just didn't happen as science would have us believe. They also must realize that it can't be a god that is made with human hands to be worshipped; or that the Creation itself "nature" is the Creator. If you believe in just the One creator, He is the One True GOD. GOD is not a religion. Christianity is a religion. GOD hates religion. So it's not about being a "Christian." It is about love, which GOD is. Jesus is GOD in the flesh, so it would seem to be that if you believe that GOD is love, and that since He loves you so much, that He would send a way to make you worthy of His love since your counscience has told you so before it became seared by sin. And, if you believe that there is only one GOD, the only way to be made worthy is for GOD to pay the price for you. And in order for GOD to be Just (fair) this offer to pay the price has to be given to everyone at least once in their life. In this day and age, I don't believe that there is anywhere on the planet that is so isolated that there is someone who has not had the opportunity to hear about Christ, no matter the method or mode. I'm not an expert, I don't know anything compared to what there is to know about GOD and Christ. I just know what I think I understand from studying the Bible and listening to what the Holy Spirit leads in my mind and heart. There are others on this forum who are way smarter than me, who can undoubtedly do a better job at this than I. That's what I believe about hearing about GOD and Christ, though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I believe that the requirement will be the same for the Aborigines, Native Americans, and anyone else who had not heard the name "Jesus Christ" as it was in the OT. As long as they believed in the One True God, not gods or nature or idols, believed that they were not righteous or worthy of GOD's approval as their conscience told them, and that GOD would provide the way for them to become acceptable to Him, then they will be saved. Now days, the Name of Christ has been spread throughout every corner of the world. That's just my opinion based on what I have learned through studying all of scripture.

I don't really understand how the process is supposed to work. Say I'm some tribesman in a remote corner of the world and have no contact with or knowledge of Christianity. How exactly does it work such that I would come to understand the One True God?

Roman 1:20

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

We all derive from a small family who knowed exactly what the true God was. So, if they decided to warship idols later, they will be holded accountable for there choice. They have no excuse because there was a point in time where they knowed what the true God was.

That doesn't seem fair on people born thousands of years later in remote parts of the world who had no way of knowing anything about Jesus.

Edited by doubting_tommy

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

You can get arguments about a certain kind of God from just looking around at the world and applying your reason, but I don't see how that can get you as far as the God of the Bible without having read the BIble or without having contact with someone who has.

Guest shiloh357

You can get arguments about a certain kind of God from just looking around at the world and applying your reason, but I don't see how that can get you as far as the God of the Bible without having read the BIble or without having contact with someone who has.

The creation reveals a God who is all powerful, all knowing and is present everywhere at once. The creator is always greater than the creation. Understanding how nature reveals God is like being lost in dark cave and suddenly seeing a pinhole of light. If you move in the direction of the light, it should lead you to freedom. If you ignore the light, you are doomed to remain lost.

Nature points you to God who created it. But if you ignore the witness of nature, you will be doomed to remain lost and without God. The worst part about that is that you are still accountable to God whether you believe He is real or not. Disbelieving in God isn't going to make Him go away. So while you can justify your unbelief to your own satisfaction, you still have to face the inevitable day when you will stand before Him and give an account of yourself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Tommy, consider the following

Romans 2:12-16

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

We all derive from a small family who knowed exactly what the true God was. So, if they decided to warship idols later, they will be holded accountable for there choice. They have no excuse because there was a point in time where they knowed what the true God was.

That doesn't seem fair on people born thousands of years later in remote parts of the world who had no way of knowing anything about Jesus.

Tommy... if seems that you are not looking for answers to your questions because you are rejecting what is being given to you and wanting answers that give you reason to doubt GOD's fairness and justice. I know that you understand what is being said to you, but you keep going back to the same old reasoning that you started with and ignoring the obvious answers to the questions that you have. Why is that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,261
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Your original question seems to be what do you believe hell is like.

I believe it is complete seperation from God.....God is revealed as all that is good, loving, knowing, creative, just, righteous, light, truth, and life, among other things. So hell would be without anything that is good or loving, anything just or righteous, and to consist of the emptyness, hatred, evil, darkness, indifference, and the stench of death. In addition, it is a place of eternal torture that was intended to house only pure evil. Those who end up there do so by their own choice.

Everyone instinctively knows good from evil; most people are too proud to admit they are not perfect, that they could be wrong, and that they can't be a good person without help. Most people are too proud to ask for help from the Trio Spirit Creator, and even refuse to admit He exists because it means they might have to be accountable to Him.

Then they claim that there will never be justice: a place of torment to send satan and his followers. So they choose their own evil pride over humbling themselves. That is how most people choose to go to hell