• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, missmuffet.

What does that even mean?! "Digested?" Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, and by the way, you never did answer my question. Would you please tell me where you got that "question and answer" rhetoric?

When you digest something you break it down you absorb it you are then responsible for the words you have read. You mean "Got Questions"? It is an on-line ministry and study.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

What does that even mean?! "Digested?" Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, and by the way, you never did answer my question. Would you please tell me where you got that "question and answer" rhetoric?

This is the link where the "answers and questions" come from, you can ask  Igotquestions all kinds of questions and they give the the answers, let's say, I want to know if the earth is flat, I go to gotquestions.com and ask if the earth is flat and here's the answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/flat-earth-Bible.htm

lQuestion: "Does the Bible teach that the earth is flat?"

Answer: Many a skeptic claims that the Bible depicts a flat earth. Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” However, this passage makes reference to the cardinal directions as seen on a compass – i.e. north, south, east and west. Terminology to a similar effect is used today when we speak of the sun rising and setting each day, even though we know that it is, in fact, the earth which orbits around the sun. 

Another passage often referred to is Psalm 75:3, which speaks of God holding the pillars firm. However, the psalms are written in the poetry genre. Rather than referring to literal pillars, this is representative of God’s guaranteeing the earth’s stability. Even when the moral order of the world seems to have crumbled, God will not fully withdraw His sustaining power.

In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure. This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep. From a “bird’s-eye view” of the ocean, the horizon is seen as a circle. Such an observation indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins, describing the reality of day and night on a spherical earth.

The round-earth idea is further supported by Jesus in Luke 17:31,34: “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back...I tell you, in that night there will be two people in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.” This would seem to indicate the phenomenon of day on one side of the globe while darkness abides on the other.

In conclusion, the curvature of the earth is certainly a biblical concept, and there is little or no basis for the charge that the Bible teaches a flat earth. The Scriptures that seem to present a flat earth can all easily be explained when correctly interpreted and understood.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

When you "digest" something, you break it down; you absorb it. You are then responsible for the words you have read. You mean "Got Questions"? It is an on-line ministry and study.

Okay. Then you meant that I should listen to the answer from "Got Questions" as though it was the "Gospel truth," right? Well, who created this site? How does one know that it is accurate? Isn't this just another theological website, prone to the same faulty interpretations as that of any other source? LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR!

Edited by Retrobyter
correcting wrong word

• Group:  Royal Member

31 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Okay. Then you meant that I should listen to the answer from "Got Questions" as though it was the "Gospel truth," right? Well, who created this site? How does one know that it is accurate? Isn't this just another theological website, prone to the same faulty interpretations as that of any other source? LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR!

The owner of this Christian ministry website is a Baptist Pastor. He has been through seminary. I have read many of their answers and I find that that are Biblically correct. My only issue I have with them is that they are too Calvinism for me. But that really is not a salvation issue.It is very hard to find a sound Bible teaching on-line ministry that preaches the true word of God. Many do not like them because they do not align with their false doctrine.

https://www.gotquestions.org/S-Michael-Houdmann.html

23 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The owner of this Christian ministry website is a Baptist Pastor. He has been through seminary. I have read many of their answers and I find that that are Biblically correct. My only issue I have with them is that they are too Calvinism for me. But that really is not a salvation issue.It is very hard to find a sound Bible teaching on-line ministry that preaches the true word of God. Many do not like them because they do not align with their false doctrine.

https://www.gotquestions.org/S-Michael-Houdmann.html

Exactly! You believe that this website is too Calvinistic! Now, imagine that they were teaching that "church" was the Roman Catholic Church of the 14th century! Wouldn't you think that they were wrong about their definition of "Church?"

I have the EXACT SAME FEELINGS about the word "heaven!" It, too, is locked into that 14th century mentality in which the upper third of the picture is "heaven," the middle third of the picture is on earth, and the lower third of the picture is "hell!" And, THAT is where we got stuck on this notion of "going to heaven" when we die. If anything is "not biblical," it would be that picture!

Shabbat shalom, missmuffet and angels4u.

See, the problem is that those who name the name of Christ (the Messiah) are STILL thinking "two dimensionally on a flat earth" (although some have listened to grasping theories of theoretical physics to explain [or explain away] the power of God to hold the universe together and have imagined "heaven" being in a 10th dimension)!

So, when one sees the "cut-away" view of that theological viewpoint, one sees "hell" below one's feet and "heaven" above one's head!

That way of thinking should have been investigated as soon as it was determined that the earth was spherical. Instead, we divorced the world of scientific discovery from the world of religion and theology, and we now have the concept perpetrated that "hell" is in the center of the earth, since every person's direction for "down" leads to the center of the now-spherical earth, and that "heaven" is now "all around us," either out there somewhere and everywhere beyond outer space or on some other planet or in some other dimension of reality, a "spiritual realm."

There's even a theory out there now that suggests we and our "reality" are all part of a massive hologram!

The TRUTH is that we need to get back to the definitions for "heaven" and "hell" that the people of the Bible used when it was being written, and in the languages in which they were written, not in English. English translation CHANGED things, based on the perspective of the translators, who were also part of those who were influenced by the Middle Ages.

That being said, the words we need to be focusing on are "shaamayim" and "sh'owl" (often written "sheol") in Hebrew (and Aramaic) and "ouranos," "ouranios," "ouranothen," "mesouraneema," "epouranios," "hades," "geehenna," and "tartaro-oo" in Greek. These are the words that were translated to "heaven" (or "heavens" or "heavenly") and "hell."

AND, we need to be able to divorce ourselves from the Medieaval theological viewpoint of "hell" below one's feet and "heaven" above one's head, such that "heaven" and "hell" are equal and opposite locations of the dichotomy of where we are going when we die! "Hell" is NOT the "yin" (the "shady side") to God's "yang" (the "sunny side") of "heaven!" NOR, is "Satan" the "yin" of God's "yang!" That's just TAOISM with "Christian clothing!" 

• Group:  Royal Member

11 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Exactly! You believe that this website is too Calvinistic! Now, imagine that they were teaching that "church" was the Roman Catholic Church of the 14th century! Wouldn't you think that they were wrong about their definition of "Church?"

I have the EXACT SAME FEELINGS about the word "heaven!" It, too, is locked into that 14th century mentality in which the upper third of the picture is "heaven," the middle third of the picture is on earth, and the lower third of the picture is "hell!" And, THAT is where we got stuck on this notion of "going to heaven" when we die. If anything is "not biblical," it would be that picture!

Suit yourself

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Retrobyter

are all IN THE FUTURE WHEN ONE AWAKES! It's "immediate" to the sleeper, even if it's not for those who remain!

I'm inclined to think this way myself,,,,,"its not Biblical" is not an answer that supports otherwise.....there are many references to "sleep" in Gods Word...or "know not" that lead me to some very in depth studies some years back...its incredible that when you dig deep into the Ancient languages what you discover.....These are such controversial topics & I really don't know why as they are unclear and some of the things I Believe Jesus said (for now) "We see dimly"......they're certainly not Salvational issues so should not cause anyone to sling insults as we ALL have finite minds....how can we possibly comprehend what Infinity  truly is & not bound by time or space,,,,LOL

The old rebuttal is my favorite....

King James Bible
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.                                        Luke 23:43

Or it it ?

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today ,shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Since there are no punctuation marks in Greek Text............                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/26/2013 at 11:58 PM, missmuffet said:

What do you think the sea of glass is mentioned in Revelation 4:6

Revelation 4:6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands.

:sherlock:

The Setting

Over the head of the living creature there was the likeness of an expanse, like the awesome crystal to look on, stretched forth over their heads above. Ezekiel 1:22 (World English Bible)

Of The Throne Of Jesus....

Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man. Ezekiel 1:26 (New American Standard Bible)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 4/26/2013 at 11:58 PM, missmuffet said:

Revelation 4:6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands.

It's going to be awesome! In my finite mind, I picture it as gold so refined you can see through it.