• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  425
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

There are times when I can very easily tell people to trust God. And there are so many times when I know intellectually to trust God. But sometimes when I am faced with difficult times unexpectly, I tend to question God. And I often ask, "Why is this happening to me?" Can anyone else related? Do you trust God at all times?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hey Dawn,

I know how you feel.

At times, we can boldly confess our strength in the Lord, but at other times we lose sight of His justice, mercy and overall being Good ALL the Time.

You are not alone at all :)

I do encourage you to read the book of Psalms, helps me ALOT- when I have doubts etc.

Speaks to me loud and clear.

Even though I tend to question, God is not impartial or unfair- Joy surely comes in the morning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I am only human and God knows that.Sometimes I get really scared when I am dealing with a serious issue.I pray to Him and tell Him exactly what is on my heart.I ask him to search my heart and to erase any doubts that I have.True faith is excepting that God is in control and has a perfect plan for our lives.Sometimes I will pray and pray about a very important problem and I get no answer.Lord where are you???It is very hard for me to sit back and be patient and know that His timing is not the same as mine.We are going though this journey on Earth on our way to Heaven.Their are some rough spots that we have to go through sometimes.We can't see Him but he is there.Life is full of choices and the Holy Spirit will lead us in the right direction if we ask.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My favoriate prayer is to ask God not to let me mess up......

My wife has M.S. so we've learned to lean on him for a very long time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There are times when I can very easily tell people to trust God. And there are so many times when I know intellectually to trust God. But sometimes when I am faced with difficult times unexpectly, I tend to question God. And I often ask, "Why is this happening to me?" Can anyone else related? Do you trust God at all times?

Dawn, I would love to emphatically state that I trust God at all times but my actions would convict me of lying. We should trust God at all times but the truth is that we don't. God is the one who has all power being omnipotent. He is sovereign over all the affairs of men. We have a tendency to ask 'Why are you letting this happen to me?' in a way that shows that we truly don't trust that God has our best interest at heart. We simply disagree that the things that are happening to us or our circumstances in life are happening for our best interest. We do not trust God.

One day a man came out of his home to find a vast army of men outside. Now I don't know about you but my knee jerk reaction might be to begin to question God about 'Why is this happening to me?' all over again. But the man had faith in God and simply made a request of God that would not only help the entire army that was at his door but also help an entire nation of peoples as well. We who tend to think in a carnal selfish and self centered way often miss what God is doing and receive the things that happen in our lives as some sort of personal attack from God rather than an opportunity to do good works. You can read about the man above in 2 Kings 6.

Our lives are specifically designed by God for the purpose of bringing us into a right relationship with him where we trust him to be God but it is a process of progressive sanctification. When a couple has a child they begin to develop a relationship with that child. Over the course of the child's life there are many things that happen and depending upon the parents ability to be proper guardians and the child's ability to receive their instruction a bond of trust develops that lasts a life time. The child must learn to trust the parents through experience. The parents must give the child reason to trust. God is a faithful father. He must do things which provide us with the means to build trust in him. That means that sometimes things must go wrong that we cannot of ourselves fix so that our reliance be upon him and in the end our faith be increased. But we must be able to receive by faith and subsequently build up our trust in him through our own lack of ability to deliver ourselves. For those who are not poor in spirit it hurts more than those who are humble.

May God bless you with an increase in faith without much friction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.

The only few times I remembering really questioning God was after my dad died and I was going through some heavy grief. He was the last of my family but for a couple of cousins. I became very depressed for a few months and pretty much went to bed and pulled the covers over my head. The thing that had really sent me into the depression was that I had started gaining 5 lb a month but my eating habits had not changed. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. My metabolism had changed. It took time to come out of the other end of that dark tunnel . But eventually I concluded that life does go on.

One time I was accused unjustly of wrongdoing on my job. I later learned that a woman who was mentally unstable had started it. But not knowing who was doing it and what might have been the reason for it really was hard to deal with. I was asking God why at that point, too.

The first time that God chastened me was really hard. Again I didn't understand what it was all about. The person in Heb. 12 who had been chastened was me. I had been bulldozed, raked, diced, chopped up and spit out. Pride, self righteousness, defensiveness, all had to go. I felt like I wanted to get saved again and start all over.

All through those tough times there was one thing that I continued to cling to. I saw no answers to prayer. The only things I could find in the Bible started with the word woe. Job's 3 friends were even there. But one thing I knew. God still loves me because while I was yet a sinner Christ died for me.