• Birthday:  04/28/1964

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,it is disturbing.Although I think we are going to be seeing more and more of this.I deal with some Anglican and Episcopal chaplains where I work.Some of the things they say and do is indeed disturbing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I read this with my mouth open in astonishment. I knew that church had a lot of bad things but WOW could that sermon have been any more twisted and anti scriptural?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oy vey.

2891002-triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Very sad

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Ah yes, Schori. She is not just another bishop (note I do not capitalize that!) in TEC (The Episcopal Church), but the PRESIDING archbishop! This detestable human being is essentially 'the pope' of TEC! Small wonder TEC's morals--and membership--is in a nose dive.

In many other kinds of churches, there are lady Bishops who are doing a genuine work for God, however I know of NOT ONE in any of our sacramental confraternaties who is anything but a radical non believer. Rather than the revered title 'Bishop,' I refer to Schori as 'The High Priestess of the Neo-Pagan Religion of New York City.'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

From the link: To illustrate her point presiding bishop turned to the book of Acts, noting ā€œThere are some remarkable examples of that kind of blindness in the readings we heard this morning, and slavery is wrapped up in a lot of it. Paul is annoyed at the slave girl who keeps pursuing him, telling the world that he and his companions are slaves of God. She is quite right. Sheā€™s telling the same truth Paul and others claim for themselves,ā€ Bishop Jefferts Schori said, referencing the first chapter of the Epistle to the Romans.

ā€œBut Paul is annoyed, perhaps for being put in his place, and he responds by depriving her of her gift of spiritual awareness. Paul canā€™t abide something he wonā€™t see as beautiful or holy, so he tries to destroy it. It gets him thrown in prison. Thatā€™s pretty much where heā€™s put himself by his own refusal to recognize that she, too, shares in Godā€™s nature, just as much as he does ā€“ maybe more so!,ā€ the presiding bishop said.

The New Testament passage goes on to say that Paul and Silas were imprisoned for freeing the girl of her demonic possession. Presiding Bishop noted ā€œan earthquake opens the doors and sets them free, and now Paul and his friends most definitely discern the presence of God. The jailer doesnā€™t ā€“ he thinks his end is at hand.ā€

However, Paul now repents of his mistake in casting out the spirit of divination, she argues. ā€œThis time, Paul remembers who he is and that all his neighbors are reflections of God, and he reaches out to his frightened captor. This time Paul acts with compassion rather than annoyance, and as a result the company of Jesusā€™ friends expands to include a whole new household. It makes me wonder what would have happened to that slave girl if Paul had seen the spirit of God in her.ā€

I am stunned. surprised-004.gif

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

From the link: To illustrate her point presiding bishop turned to the book of Acts, noting ā€œThere are some remarkable examples of that kind of blindness in the readings we heard this morning, and slavery is wrapped up in a lot of it. Paul is annoyed at the slave girl who keeps pursuing him, telling the world that he and his companions are slaves of God. She is quite right. Sheā€™s telling the same truth Paul and others claim for themselves,ā€ Bishop Jefferts Schori said, referencing the first chapter of the Epistle to the Romans.

ā€œBut Paul is annoyed, perhaps for being put in his place, and he responds by depriving her of her gift of spiritual awareness. Paul canā€™t abide something he wonā€™t see as beautiful or holy, so he tries to destroy it. It gets him thrown in prison. Thatā€™s pretty much where heā€™s put himself by his own refusal to recognize that she, too, shares in Godā€™s nature, just as much as he does ā€“ maybe more so!,ā€ the presiding bishop said.

The New Testament passage goes on to say that Paul and Silas were imprisoned for freeing the girl of her demonic possession. Presiding Bishop noted ā€œan earthquake opens the doors and sets them free, and now Paul and his friends most definitely discern the presence of God. The jailer doesnā€™t ā€“ he thinks his end is at hand.ā€

However, Paul now repents of his mistake in casting out the spirit of divination, she argues. ā€œThis time, Paul remembers who he is and that all his neighbors are reflections of God, and he reaches out to his frightened captor. This time Paul acts with compassion rather than annoyance, and as a result the company of Jesusā€™ friends expands to include a whole new household. It makes me wonder what would have happened to that slave girl if Paul had seen the spirit of God in her.ā€

I am stunned. surprised-004.gif

Examining that passage in Acts 16, there is no indication whatsoever that Paul shows remorse for casting out the spirit from the slave girl. He did what he had to do.

This is a clear example of assumption from scriptural passage, without anything to back up that assumption. More like wishful-thinking.

I can see from the article that this lady is guilty of three false preachings, in essence.

1/ She claims that salvation does not come from Christ (this is what Christianity is all about. If you don't accept that salvation only comes through Jesus, then you are not a Christian).

2/ She claims that demonic possession can be a good thing.

3/ In a roundabout sort of way, she claims that homosexuality is acceptable.

I think that this incident is but a taste of things to come.

I think that this incident is but a taste of things to come.

We are witnessing an element of the fall.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Buckle up kids, the ride is about to get bumpy ...