• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Afraid I only know what's in the media.

A side effect of my work is I don't pay much heed to what appears in the press.

C+

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have held my thoughts on Snowden until I see all that he has done.  He may well have done much worse than tell the American people they are being spied upon.

The world is a dangerous place and if he has disclosed to the Russians and Chinese how we spy on them, he should be publically executed.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

George Washington. Benjamin Franklin, Samual Adams, plus many, many more, were all considered traitors at the time. food for thought.

If one more person compares Snowden to the founding fathers I think my head might explode. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Who here supports his actions? 

I do.  He blew the whistle on acts that are clearly unconstitutional.  Even the Chinese hailed him as a hero.  Coming from a nation that supposedly severely limits human freedoms, I find that disgraceful.  In other words, even they know better. And to think, we've been railing China about censuring their Internet, and the USA then does this. :rolleyes:

The Chinese hailing him as a hero should be a good sign that he is no hero. 

They don't know better, they hail him as a hero because of the damage he has done to this country.    they love him for what he has done and for the secrets he has passed to them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Problem is, he did reveal secrets to the Chinese - I hadn't heard about Russia.

That could be very dangerous to us.

And that is what makes it difficult to consider him and American hero in the end.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I do.  He blew the whistle on acts that are clearly unconstitutional.  Even the Chinese hailed him as a hero.  Coming from a nation that supposedly severely limits human freedoms, I find that disgraceful.  In other words, even they know better. And to think, we've been railing China about censuring their Internet, and the USA then does this. :rolleyes:

The US does not have a monopoly on hypocrisy - some European nations are at the same game, whilst telling their citizens they are not.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The US does not have a monopoly on hypocrisy - some European nations are at the same game, whilst telling their citizens they are not.

I'm not sure you get what I am saying, and this is what makes the USA different, at least traditionally.  The constitution does not give us our rights.  The founding fathers realized that there are certain inalienable rights given to man by God, i.e. the right of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  If they are right, then EVEN YOU from another nation has these same rights.  They are yours already to enjoy. And it is any government's job to SECURE these rights, and if not, then the people should throw off such a government. 

The problem with the US government now is that they don't realize they are our servants to protect us from tyranny, and they have no power to grant such inalienable rights.  Instead, they became the very thing we escaped!  So, as I always say, human nature, being what it is, sunk to its lowest common denominator. 

This is why I don't get "patriotic" and sing along with the deluded Kenny Rogers who sings "Proud to be an American" and praised the soldiers who died "to give" those rights to me. To do so would be to have the mentality of the rest of the world: that we are all under governance, and the USA is nothing more than a "beneficial dictator" giving us freedom and rights.  This is the mentality of the illegals coming into this nation as the founding fathers' ideology is way beyond what they seem to understand. And the present administration hopes to dummy all of us down.  I'm an extremely dangerous man to the likes of those now in government here. Even Ron Paul is tame to me, but like him, I'm Libertarian.

Kinda

Seem Fair

When You Consider

We'd Just "Leaked" Israeli Secrets To Her Enemies

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

It looks like he's going to stay in Russia, for the time being. It will no doubt give Putin more opportunities to poke fun at the US.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I have held my thoughts on Snowden until I see all that he has done.  He may well have done much worse than tell the American people they are being spied upon.

The world is a dangerous place and if he has disclosed to the Russians and Chinese how we spy on them, he should be publically executed.

I agree other one.At first I thought of him as a hero and that it was a courageous thing to do.But then I was told that he may have done some dangerous things and made the U.S. vulnerable.The jury is still out for me as well.