• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I've often wondered if PETA and such ever wondered what would happen to the millions of cows, chickens and pigs in this country if everyone suddenly quit eating meat.  People aren't going to raise a thousand head of cattle for fun.

LOL interesting point.

When they talk about animals it is always about domesticated ones. Cows, chickens, that sort of thing. But I live deer country. I am about 16 miles from town.  I have deer running freely through my back yard. Along with other wild life. I can not have a garden because every year the deer eat everything I plant. Deer do not have many natural hunters to keep their population in check. Over populated deer will destroy a forest and end up starving to death for lack of food. So......if everyone became a vegan. Wolves would need to be brought in to deer country to keep the deer population in check. Since no one would be hunting them. There would be so many deer that they would be running all over the place making a muck of things. The wolves that we brought in to keep the deer under control would have a rise in their population. With all the humans that are on the Earth it would be imposable for humans to avoid contact with these wild animals. Soon we would have deer, wolves, wild hogs, bears, ect ect running through our towns and cities. Clashing with humans. In the end the wild animals would have to be put down for the safety of us humans. Wild pigs are very mean and destructive. For that reason around here they are shot on sight.  So even though the vegans would not eat meat. They would have to kill wild animals or else be over run by them. Wolves running down children in our city streets. Bears breaking into houses looking for food. Deer eating all the crops now we have no food since all we eat are plants. Yep, that is how it would end.

This reminds me of an old book Earth Abides. Similar things happened after airborne virus killed most. rats took over the cats then other animals. good read