IGNORED

Should A Christian Never Associate With Unbelievers?

Guest shiloh357

better way to put it, who did Jesus hang out with?

Jesus ate with the rich and poor alike.   Jesus didn't "hang out" with sinners, but Jesus was also not inaccessible to them, either.   Jesus close personal friends were Peter, James and John.  They are the ones He was closest to during his earthly ministry.  Jesus reached out to the sinners and was not ashamed to be seen with them.   Jesus was completely comfortable  around those the religious crowd despised ,but He did not make them His close, personal friends.

I think I get what you're saying Shiloh here in green. I agree that our closest friends who we seek advice and/or godly counsel should be Believers. I agree regarding Jesus's "inner circle" were the disciples. And within this group Jesus was closest to Peter, James, and John. :thumbsup:

As to this in red... However, wasn't Judas the betrayer part of Christ's inner circle too? Judas ate with Jesus, lived with Jesus, and was part of the inner circle for what 3 years? :help:

God bless,

GE

No, Judas was not part of Jesus' inner circle.  Not all of the disciples were part of Jesus' inner circle.  Peter, James and John were Jesus' closest friends and constituted His inner circle.  They were the only ones who got  to see Jesus in all of His glory at the transfiguration.  John was especially close to Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

If you only shine your light to those who already have a light of their own; what does it profit you?

Jesus went into the churches and called out the hypocrites for who they were. He also went into the world to those unbelievers that the church was to good to associate with and shined his light to them.

Amazing how little people, God fearing christians, really know about Jesus and who HE was, is, and is to come.

Lord have mercy on us all

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There is one lawgiver,who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? James 4:12