• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1021048/Female-Schindler-Irena-Sendler-saved-2-500-Jewish-children-died-aged-98.html

I think it's important to take a moment to honor people who have made an impact on the world. Especially, those who've gone unnoticed for as long as She did. I've had many classes about the Holocaust. Not once, did I hear of Irene Sendler. You hear of Schindler and his famous List. But never her.

She saved at least 2500 Jewish Children. The Nazis tortured her for this but she still lived. She despises the word heroism because she felt like some how there was more she could have done. And the paragraph at the end is super important if you do not read the article, read this part:

"A few months before she died, she said: "After World War II, it seemed that humanity understood something, and nothing like that would happen again. Humanity has understood nothing. Religious, tribal, national wars continue. The world continues to be in a sea of blood."

But she added: "The world can be better if there's love, tolerance and humility."

I just want to ask you all, as Christians, to check yourselves today. Are you showing love, tolerance, humility?

Honestly, how do you treat people who have different opinions than you? A different ethnicity than you? Who don't agree with your set of beliefs? People who may not care about God, or maybe they do but they certainly don't claim to have all the answers? Different religions? Do you judge them? Accuse them of things? Are you hateful and not even aware of it?

Are you being like Jesus? I think Jesus would be full of love, tolerance and humility. I don't see a lot of that from Christians in my area, at the churches I've attended, and even sometimes, here.  We can change the world with love. Isn't that what Jesus did? When it all boils down to it, Jesus didn't only change the world because of His love, he changed the world itself; the entire world was made different from His love.

I just wonder what kind of changes we are making. Are they going to be positive ones, or negative ones. Are we helping to add to that Sea of Blood, Sendler mentioned?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

Sometimes Hollywood is a little slow to make movies of people. Maybe one will be done of her deeds later.

Nice post.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

very touching story of such a heroic lady, alot to learn from ....thanks for sharing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1021048/Female-Schindler-Irena-Sendler-saved-2-500-Jewish-children-died-aged-98.html

I think it's important to take a moment to honor people who have made an impact on the world. Especially, those who've gone unnoticed for as long as She did. I've had many classes about the Holocaust. Not once, did I hear of Irene Sendler. You hear of Schindler and his famous List. But never her.

She saved at least 2500 Jewish Children. The Nazis tortured her for this but she still lived. She despises the word heroism because she felt like some how there was more she could have done. And the paragraph at the end is super important if you do not read the article, read this part:

"A few months before she died, she said: "After World War II, it seemed that humanity understood something, and nothing like that would happen again. Humanity has understood nothing. Religious, tribal, national wars continue. The world continues to be in a sea of blood."

But she added: "The world can be better if there's love, tolerance and humility."

I just want to ask you all, as Christians, to check yourselves today. Are you showing love, tolerance, humility?

Honestly, how do you treat people who have different opinions than you? A different ethnicity than you? Who don't agree with your set of beliefs? People who may not care about God, or maybe they do but they certainly don't claim to have all the answers? Different religions? Do you judge them? Accuse them of things? Are you hateful and not even aware of it?

Are you being like Jesus? I think Jesus would be full of love, tolerance and humility. I don't see a lot of that from Christians in my area, at the churches I've attended, and even sometimes, here.  We can change the world with love. Isn't that what Jesus did? When it all boils down to it, Jesus didn't only change the world because of His love, he changed the world itself; the entire world was made different from His love.

I just wonder what kind of changes we are making. Are they going to be positive ones, or negative ones. Are we helping to add to that Sea of Blood, Sendler mentioned?

(in bold) telling questions for all of us.

Seems like an amazing lady.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Did you see my post on the Video thread about Schindlers list going up for sale on Ebay?All these heros of the holocaust are to be remembered.

Did you see my post on the Video thread about Schindlers list going up for sale on Ebay?All these heros of the holocaust are to be remembered.

:thumbsup:

Yes