IGNORED

Would you enter a Hindu temple as part of sight seeing?

layhoma

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think I would go in and admire the building and art and then walk out with a frim grip on the True God.  It's a beautiful building (actually it was built as a tomb for one king's favorite wife) but that is all it is.  A true believer can't be persuaded to start worshipping false gods by a building. 

Guest Butero

Say if you joined a tour to India and as part of intinary to visit Jai Mehal of Agra, one of the great ten wonders of the world. A Hindu temple known for its monumental architecture and grand beauty. The tour guide leads the way and you would :

a. I flew half way from the world and it's a waste not to take pictures. I'm going in because as long as I'm not there to worship and know my heart and faith belong to God, there is no problem with it.

b. I'm going in because I know this "building " is just an empty shell for people worshiping nothing but thin air so I'm at peace with it.

c. I'm staying inside my bus and no one is going to make me set foot on cursed ground because any kinds of worshiping that is not to "Yahweh" is to Satan. 

d. Others.

I would never enter into a place like that during a worship service, but as part of a sight seeing tour, I probably would?  It would be educational to see what it looks like in a place like that?  It wouldn't be about the cost of the tour or anything like that?  If I had a conviction about it, I wouldn't do it, but going in as part of a tour, just to see what it looks like is not sinful to me.  You would have to go by your own conscience in such a case.  If you feel like it is wrong, don't do it, and don't worry about how others look at you. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know this is something I would need to further look into for validity, but I read a report about the the Dome of the Rock indicating that it has lots of statement that are direct attacks against Christian beliefs. But the layout is such that the door in and out, which faces to a direct compass point ( I forget which one), and story is presented such that you have to walk a certain direction around the room inside, and thus exiting the building in the direction of the particular compass direction. No big deal to us, but in the mindset of the architects, following those directions are symbolic of embracing the beliefs of what is being presented in the writings given. Thus, in their language of action, a Christian entering the building, walking the direction around the room as presented, and exiting face-forward towards that compass direction is declaring a denial of their faith and an acceptance of the Islam faith.

Like I said, I'd need to find confirmation for this, but it did get me thinking about what we say with our actions when entering the temples of other religions.

Guest Butero

I know this is something I would need to further look into for validity, but I read a report about the the Dome of the Rock indicating that it has lots of statement that are direct attacks against Christian beliefs. But the layout is such that the door in and out, which faces to a direct compass point ( I forget which one), and story is presented such that you have to walk a certain direction around the room inside, and thus exiting the building in the direction of the particular compass direction. No big deal to us, but in the mindset of the architects, following those directions are symbolic of embracing the beliefs of what is being presented in the writings given. Thus, in their language of action, a Christian entering the building, walking the direction around the room as presented, and exiting face-forward towards that compass direction is declaring a denial of their faith and an acceptance of the Islam faith.

Like I said, I'd need to find confirmation for this, but it did get me thinking about what we say with our actions when entering the temples of other religions.

That kind of goes back to the meat sacrificed to idols doctrine.  We know the idol is nothing, so it doesn't defile us to eat any meat sold in the marketplace but if we are doing it in front of someone who does recognize the idol, we are wrong, because we could cause the weak person to stumble, as they think we are eating to honor the idol.  I know there is only one true God, and walking around in an idol's temple won't change that.  If it might cause a problem for others, I should wait outside. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I would definitely not enter that pagan place....we are told in all we do "to glorify The Lord". The Holy Spirit is within me I would not take Him into such a place...a place where pagan gods are worshiped.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I was surprised at the number of people that wouldn't enter a hindu shrine or temple if given the chance, real Christians have real power over darkness and demons, I suppose if you don't understand this fact or have witnessed this power it may be good for you to stay out of such places as it may be dangerous. but for those who know that greater is He that is in me, then those in the world, its a great opportunity to enter a strongmans house and release some fervent prayers of binding and blinding, if there are demons inside the last thing they want to see is a blood bought child of the most high God coming inside breaking the place up with the sword of the Spirit

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I would go in to take pictures - the purpose would be for sight-seeing purposes only.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Im torn by this. It is something I face in arizona. 

Before I was saved, I spent a lot of time observing local indian traditional religious events. Hopi dances, yaqui dances etc. I love that kind of thing. I love the architecture and art in various types of other religions too. 

After I was saved I got to attend a hopi dance that is off limits to outsiders. I was invited by a local family to join them. I went. I was also invited to observe a peyote ceremony. I could not bring myself to go to that one. (Peyote ceremonies use hallucinogens to see a false Jesus.)

The local mormon temple has a huge Christmas light display each year that thousands go to. And some Christians protest. I want to see the lights but cannot bring myself to go to it.

I love indo-pakistani food. If a restaurant advertizes that they are halal, I cannot bring myself to get food from there. 

I ask myself does it affect my witness to go to these things? If it affects my witness to those around me, then I cant do it. If it does not affect my witness, then I feel able to go to them. I do not think I am affected otherwise though.

To me, it's just a building.  I've been places where my spirit felt uneasy, and I didn't go back to them.  I toured the Mormon Temple in St. Louis before it was dedicated.  It was an impressive building, but of course we only saw 1/8th of it because most of it they can't show you because of the secret ceremonies and such, but all I could really thing of was the fakeness it was based on, and how the LDS spent all this money on something that the majority of it's members would never see because they aren't good enough to get a Temple Recommend.  It just drove home the falseness of their religion and the class system that resides inside of it.

I plan on seeing one of the local new temples they are building before its opened. 

Then I will likely join the Christians protesting outside of it at Christmas time lol.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I would not go in.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am the OP and I would like to make a humble comment here for those that are not so spiritually aware that spiritual warfare is real and is an ongoing battle in which we can't see or hear.

Whenever a temple is used to worship anything but our one True God, demons are summoned in that dwelling place and particularly reside in idols. So you may ask me it is not scriptural or "how would you know?"

Before I became a Christian, I have sought monks and priests of the Eastern religion that claimed to have the power to channel in spiritual entities that could foretell and manipulate the future. I have personally witnessed these people using demonic power to one's own gain. Furthermore, many of these vessels possessed by demons went with me to visit certain temples to make offerings and prayers. I remembered one particular woman ( My ex sister- in -law ) who was Thai, on many occasions would tell me which idol to worship and which not to because the real idol with power she could see their eyes glowing in red ! She would know which temple is so called blessed or so called mediocre. Thus I learned there are ranks in the demonic hierarchy but that is a different story. She could detect and connect with all kinds of eerie principalities of the air inside these premises because she is possessed. The spirits in her and the spirits in the temple connects. It's a family reunion of satan's minions. Demonic infested nests where they receive worships and offerings. Isn't this what Satan desire ? To be worshipped as God ? 

A short introduction:

My ex- sister- in- law takes great pride that there are 3 Buddhist gods living inside her. They communicate telepathically and offer advices to people who wish to seek consultation. Every time a spirit is summoned she would go into a trance, composure changed, voice and dialect altered. I remembered the first time I seek consultation from these entities, they would ask me a question before I ask them anything.

They would ask :"do you believe in us (me) ? 
Just as if you would want to follow Christ you would have to announce that you believe in Jesus and want to invite him in as your lord.

Do you see the counterfeit similarity? ?

So IMHO, many religious temples are housing demonic entities. I can say this with confidence because I once had a close relation with the enemy, literally. I would not go walk on these "cursed grounds" because I based on the scripture on you cannot have two masters, either you love the other or despise the other. " Setting foot would mean my acknowledgement of them and a defilement of my temple. that being the Holy Spirit. 

I thank Jesus for forgiving my past sins and accepted me into his life and mine to His. I thank Him for breaking my chain of ties with the enemy and to be forever His in both spirit and flesh. I thank the Lord I am blessed having the privileged to bear witness in His name, Amen.