IGNORED

Would you enter a Hindu temple as part of sight seeing?

layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Say if you joined a tour to India and as part of intinary to visit Jai Mehal of Agra, one of the great ten wonders of the world. A Hindu temple known for its monumental architecture and grand beauty. The tour guide leads the way and you would :

a. I flew half way from the world and it's a waste not to take pictures. I'm going in because as long as I'm not there to worship and know my heart and faith belong to God, there is no problem with it.

b. I'm going in because I know this "building " is just an empty shell for people worshiping nothing but thin air so I'm at peace with it.

c. I'm staying inside my bus and no one is going to make me set foot on cursed ground because any kinds of worshiping that is not to "Yahweh" is to Satan. 

d. Others.

Edited by layhoma

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

A or B

It is just a building

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

d.

it's more than just a building.  it's a building where false gods are worshiped, and should be acknowledged as such.

be as harmless as a dove, and as wise as a serpent.  i believe Christians should exercise our discernment/spiritual awareness in all things, for there is a rabid lion on the loose.

who knows what God might want to do while you are stomping around in there?

but i would find no problem entering any building because no cursed ground or false religion or evil spirit can affect my position in Christ.

and just as any other location, i would see it as an opportunity to manifest the love of Jesus, asking the Holy Spirit to use me as He sees fit.

sight-seeing is fun, but it's crazy fun when you're sight-seeing with Jesus!   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was going to suggest, "What would Jesus do?"

But then I remembered that as a Torah-observant Jew, this is not something He would do!

But for me, I have a tendency to pick up spiritual atmospheres. I know in such a place my spirit would be crawling, so to speak.

But I think what you need to remember that such places are bound by spiritual darkness, and while there is nothing wrong with marveling at architecture and art and culture, the building is dedicated to the works of darkness. I would say then that if you want to tour the building, as a representative of Christ, pray for the Hindus who walk those halls as you go through it. Pray they be brought to the light of Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

That is one gorgeous piece of architecture.  I would have to pray about that.  My natural tendency would be to wander in it and want to 'touch' things because of their beauty.

But, it is described as a palace rather than a temple?  I checked...so...?  

Then again, I'm not a 'tour' person...I always want to go off in another direction...LOL!  That's both good and bad from time to time

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"A"    let your light shine in the darkness....   and I don't mean your camera flash.   However I would not participate in any of the rituals and if that were mandatory I would stay in the bus.

(A)  I'd probably be the first one through the doors.

An object is just an object until someone attaches meaning to it. The Taj Mahal holds no meaning for me, it's just a building.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Im torn by this. It is something I face in arizona. 

Before I was saved, I spent a lot of time observing local indian traditional religious events. Hopi dances, yaqui dances etc. I love that kind of thing. I love the architecture and art in various types of other religions too. 

After I was saved I got to attend a hopi dance that is off limits to outsiders. I was invited by a local family to join them. I went. I was also invited to observe a peyote ceremony. I could not bring myself to go to that one. (Peyote ceremonies use hallucinogens to see a false Jesus.)

The local mormon temple has a huge Christmas light display each year that thousands go to. And some Christians protest. I want to see the lights but cannot bring myself to go to it.

I love indo-pakistani food. If a restaurant advertizes that they are halal, I cannot bring myself to get food from there. 

I ask myself does it affect my witness to go to these things? If it affects my witness to those around me, then I cant do it. If it does not affect my witness, then I feel able to go to them. I do not think I am affected otherwise though.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Id go. Its just a building, and I enjoy learning about other cultures-on top of that, if I can better understand the hindu, I can better witness to one.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

This is a difficult question....

I remember a family living on the road we live on and they were Hindu,I thought I could be a witness to them and they were trying to do the same thing to me,to make me Hindu.

I remember somebody from that family looking at me with a scary gleam in their eyes(from the enemy)their eyes were flashing and I remember saying Jesus name in my head< I did not like it and will stay far away from it. That Hindu place  in India  is probable filled with demons!

I know it's just a building,but filled with demons!

Not good--stay away!