MarkNigro

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus quoted psalms 22 while hanging on the cross, dying.   For the music director; according to the tune “Morning Doe;” a psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? I groan in prayer, but help seems far away.

6But I am a worm, not a man; people insult me and despise me.

7All who see me taunt me; they mock me and shake their heads.

8They say, “Commit yourself to the LORD! Let the LORD rescue him! Let the LORD deliver him, for he delights in him.”

This part was literally fulfilled during Jesus' death:
14My strength drains away like water; all my bones are dislocated; my heart is like wax; it melts away inside me.

15The roof of my mouth is as dry as a piece of pottery; my tongue sticks to my gums. You set me in the dust of death.

16Yes, wild dogs surround me – a gang of evil men crowd around me; like a lion they pin my hands and feet.

17I can count all my bones; my enemies are gloating over me in triumph.

18They are dividing up my clothes among themselves; they are rolling dice for my garments.

The Roman soldiers cast lots for His cloak.  They were taunting Him and telling Him to deliver Himself from the cross.  Psm 22 is also largely a prophecy about Jesus.

Godly men in your Bible looked for the coming Messiah and believed that, as with Abraham, God would in His grace provide a sacrifice and have mercy on the.  So they were rescued from sheol when Jesus arose from the dead and taken to be with Him in heaven.

In Job 19 25 he said:25As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that as the last he will stand upon the earth.

26And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God,

27whom I will see for myself, and whom my own eyes will behold, and not another. My heart grows faint within me.

He was speaking of the resurrection and of the time when Jesus would come to the earth.  
I am asking you to trust in your redeemer as Job did, Abraham, Jacob-Israel, David, and all the Old Testament saints.  They looked to the Messiah to be their Redeemer.  Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the Suffering Servant.  He will also fulfill the prophecies of the coming King of Israel.

Do you need your sins to be forgiven?  If you do, ask Him to come into your life, forgive you, cleanse you, and make you the person person He wants you to be.  He will give you a new heart and put His Holy Spirit in you.  Ezekiel 36:

25I will sprinkle you with pure water and you will be clean from all your impurities. I will purify you from all your idols.

26I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a heart of flesh.

27I will put my Spirit within you; I will take the initiative and you will obey my statutes and carefully observe my regulations.

Blessings to you and to Israel.

Willa

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The Holy Bible is quite clear that works of any kind do not save. In fact, the Holy Bible emphatically states that if someone is trying to earn salvation by works or merit, that person will not get saved till they repent (change their mind) and cease trying to earn salvation. Works done for salvation mean no salvation. They mock Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles, and it is the will of Jesus Christ that the Gentiles are to hear the gospel from Paul’s letters.

Romans 11:13

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Romans 15:16

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 4:17

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Romans 2:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

When asked what is required for salvation here is what Paul and Silas said.

Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

When asked “what must I do to be saved” Paul only mentions “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.” He never mentions works, so it is not required.

In the following passages Paul clearly states that trying to do works for salvation means no salvation.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The following passage says that we are saved by grace through faith and not works.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The following passages say if it is works it is no more grace. But we are only saved by grace. Therefore, works means no salvation at all.

Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Here are more passages from Paul.

Titus 1:16

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Hebrews 4:10

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

So there is no passage from Paul that says works are required for salvation. There are a number that say works mean no salvation. There are many passages where Paul says that faith or belief in Jesus Christ is salvation, and since it is the only thing mentioned it must be through faith alone and not works. Here are just a few.

Romans 4:3

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:6

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22-26

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Christ Jesus the Lord shows that there is only one thing needed for salvation. They wanted to know the works (plural), that is, the entire list. Jesus listed the only thing allowed faith. Any other work for salvation is not of God.

John 6:28-29

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

In the next passage Jesus Christ says that to be saved you only need to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. It works were required then the statement is false. It would have said: he that believes on me and does good works. Since it does not mention works, it has to be by belief alone. Furthermore, if a person does not believe what Jesus says, then they have not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, according to Jesus Christ, a person trusting in works or merit for salvation is not saved. Thus John 6:47 is a faith alone statement which excludes works. Furthermore it is an eternal security statement (once saved always saved) since to have everlasting life means you could never be damned, unless it would say might have everlasting life. Thus Jesus declares that works are not needed to maintain salvation either. The double verily makes this simple to understand statement emphatic.

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

There are many passages (probably over 200) where only faith or belief in Jesus Christ is what saves. The same logic above applies to each of these statements.

John 3:14-18

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

The following passage shows that good works come after salvation (as a result of salvation) and not for salvation. Created in Christ Jesus means already saved. Unto good works shows that good works come after salvation (by God working in you). Notice it also says, “should” not must. So they are not required for salvation or to maintain salvation.

Ephesians 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The above sampling absolutely proves that works are not needed for salvation. They also prove that eternal security (once saved always saved) is absolutely true. They are emphatic and quite clear. Since the Holy Bible has no contradictions, anything that someone thinks shows otherwise is just a mistaken interpretation. Many people assume a passage is talking about salvation/damnation when it is not. This is usually done by taking the verse out of context, assuming meanings of words with false definitions and doctrines, ignoring what salvation really means, or by not rightly dividing the word of truth (see 2 Timothy 2:15) They may be confusing statements made to a different people, for a different time, about a different subject. They may even be using a new Bible version with a corrupt reading.

In love, in Christ, in meekness

Mark

What about these:

Philippians 2
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Galatians 6
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Salvation is just by faith and not by works ......the title of the thread .

What is meant by "faith" ?

What is meant by "works" ?

Is my faith not a work ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

The Holy Bible is quite clear that works of any kind do not save. In fact, the Holy Bible emphatically states that if someone is trying to earn salvation by works or merit, that person will not get saved till they repent (change their mind) and cease trying to earn salvation. Works done for salvation mean no salvation. They mock Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.

Hi Siegi91

I think that this is one of the most misunderstood topics the Christian world has ever encounted.

I'll tell you why.

Ephesians 2:8   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9   Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No man can obtain the gift of salvation through doing good works alone.  This is not an entry pass.  The entry door is Christ Jesus.  Without him, there is no salvation.

Please, keep in mind that there are people in this world that think they're safe because they do good things, however they do not believe in Christ.  So no matter how good we may think we are, we all fall short, for without mercy there can be no salvation.  If Christ calls us to know him, it is not because we are good, and he personally selected us, but because we are lacking and he wants to change us from the inside.

If one becomes a Christian, then the inner man has to go through a change.  Our works are what our spirit produces.  Is our spirit producing love, forgiveness, meekness?  Have we stopped swearing, cursing and idolising?  Are we eager to read the Word of the Lord for instruction? Never mind things visible on the outside, but the inside has to be cleaned up also.  What are our thoughts?  Do we still envy?  Do we fancy our neighbours wife? Are we dreaming of material things?  Positions of power? Popularity? Vanity?  Do we meditate on things that we are trying to stay away from?  Did anything Christ instructed produce a change in us?, If so, then our mannerisms and how we handle situations have produced good fruits.  These are our works, a reflection of the spirit inside us.

If our works are still rotten then there is no change.  No sacrifices on our behalf, just a great big walk in the park and do what thou wilt.  Any Christian should not have bad fruits on their tree, because bad fruits are bad works, and these bad works show that repentance has not taken place, therefore we will miss out and have our share with the hippocrites.

When I hear Christians speaking about this subject, I am convinced they are lacking in understanding the very basics.  The message they are sending  is "don't worry if your works are bad, you are under grace"  This is promoting sin and complacency.  We should be promoting self control and urge each other to be strict on how we conduct ourselves if we are serious in this walk.

Our works are VERY IMPORTANT if we are Christian.  They should be good now and not rotten.  Faith is knowing who we are doing this for, and without this faith in our Lord, it cannot be achieved.

God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would agree that works can not save a person, the Bible is quite clear about that......

But it is also pretty clear that if a person has no works, you should question thier salvation...     I think this is what James is saying.....     it's not OK to just accept Jesus as your Lord and then set back and enjoy life not spreading the Gospel  when opportunities arise, and also to help others who are in real need.

You can believe Jesus is who he is your entire life, but not let him be the Lord of that life....    and not be saved.

That is why I recommend people refer to Romans for certainty of salvation where we believe that the Father raised him from the dead, but also confess with our mouths the Lordship of Jesus........     if he truly is your Lord, you will have works.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Other One

Yes I agree with what you have said.

I just want to clarify; When we first came to Christ it wasn't our works that saved us, it was mercy.  This is what it is speaking of.  We were rescued because of mercy.  Nothing to do with our works.

But once mercy is given, the door is opened to learn now what the spirit teaches, and the spirit of Christ that changes us from the inside, should start a process where we produce fruits of the spirit.  These are our works.  They are not counted now as nothing, for these works are righteousness which Christ taught us to put on.  These works are holy and precious, and Christ wants to see us clothed in this. It should not be played down saying it has nothing to do with our salvation, because it has everything to do with it once we are walking in truth.  We have to have these works, there is no excuse now, we are walking in the light and not darkness any more.  Faith and works go hand in hand.  It's not about how many we bring to the Lord, it's about ourselves, what's inside.  There should be a calmer person in there.  A person who now reacts differently, thinks differently, a different walk.  It's our personal walk with the Lord and what he can see inside...the changes he has made to our lives.  Our works will declare it, what we speak, what we do, all the decisions we make, and all the things we stay away from.  These are all our works.  We did not have them before we knew Christ, but we should have all the works now, putting into action what we have been taught.

I think this thing has just been blown out of proportion and produced a new doctrine like a selling spiel.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Our works are VERY IMPORTANT if we are Christian.... 

They should be good now....

and not rotten.... 

Faith is knowing who we are doing this for...

and without this faith in our Lord, it cannot be achieved....

~

Amen~!

~

Obedience

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34 (NIV)

And Love

Everything you do should be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14 (NET)

And The Master's Voice

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:19 (KJV)

And The Fruit Of

Now, the effects of the corrupt nature are obvious: illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, idolatry, drug use, hatred, rivalry, jealousy, angry outbursts, selfish ambition, conflict, factions, envy, drunkenness, wild partying, and similar things. I've told you in the past and I'm telling you again that people who do these kinds of things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21 (GWT)

The Holy Ghost

But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There are no laws against things like that. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their corrupt nature along with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:22-24 (GWT)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Why can't salvation be based on works? It can be based by works.

ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES = FILTHY RAGS (FIT TO BE BURNED)

CHRIST'S ABSOLUTE RIGHTEOUSNESS = OUR ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (FIT FOR HEAVEN) = FINE LINEN, CLEAN AND WHITE, WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB

This is such a simple and basic concept, yet millions have not grasped it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Butch5, jetson, MarkNigro, 

If I were to print out the first post on this page, I would need 33 SHEETS OF PAPER!!!!!!!

We definitely have a problem. Also formatting and editing replies is a nightmare.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

There is no verse which says we are saved by faith alone.