• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

These feelings are not love. They are infatuation. You need to check your imagination---curb it. Be in prayer and follow how God leads you. He doesn't want us living out of fanciful thoughts. We are called to be sober-minded.

Titus 1:8

but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled,

Titus 2:6

In a similar way, urge the younger men to be self-restrained and to behave prudently [taking life seriously].

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

it may be infatuation. but they might be love. I say its to early to tell. Sometimes, they can be one and the same. sometimes infatuation can turn into love. My advice is still to say hey, go spend some more time about it, though Im going to add what I should have added first-start praying for her, and about you and her. take it slow. Don't say no and walk away-but don't rush into things either. Youve got your whole life so theres no need to hurry-but theres no need to risk losing something that could be either. Take your time, be sure, do it right.  And no matter what, keep God first in the relationship-if shes the one, and Gods first, then nothing can go wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Yoni,

Welcome to Worthy ,glad you are here......I am praying for you,Yoni.....Ah,the age old question,"Is it better to have loved and lost or to never have loved at all?" Only you can answer that question for yourself but I say''give it your best shot''

You sound very sincere to me,perhaps you are infatuated but maybe it is love....this is something you will find out only by taking the next step....talk to her....you say that you pray,talk with the Lord,go to church.....whats there not to like about you,like Pat says,'whats the worst that could happen?You will be in the same position you are in now''....

Look at other one,he was in the same position as you are and married the love of his life........God is with you whether you get the girl or not....just keep Him first and all will be well......don't feel insecure,your Father is the King of Kings(you come from Royalty!)She is your sister in Christ so its not like you don't have something in common,talk to her...

God bless you,Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like you need to just ask her out bro. I was really nervous when I asked my girlfriend out because I was scared that she would say "no". That's the deep root of it. You feel a connection and you don't want that connection to be broken so you're hoping that she will say yes. But that's obvious. 

Listen to these words: 

Ask her to go out on a date with you. Feeling nervous? good, that means you'll actually try. 

She said No? Then you have your answer. Get over her and move on. 

She said yes? Set up when and where to take her out. Meet her dad and mom. BE YOURSELF!!!!! She'll be able to tell if your confident or insecure, so don't exaggerate anything, just be yourself. If the first date doesn't go well, then you may have your answer, and then you'll have to deal with the heartbreak regardless. Or you could think positive and see if she'll go on another date with you... ;)

Seriously though, do step 1. Otherwise you will never get over the thoughts of "what if I just ask her out? does she like me back? is she "The One"?" You NEED to hear a YES or a No. So no matter how nervous you are, ask her out. If your nervousness shows she'll think it's cute, which can work out in your favor quite well. :P 

So no worries brother, you got this! 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I do not believe in love at first sight.It is probably infatuation.If you can become a good friend this often leads into something else.If she does not want that then you will have to respect that and move on.I would ask God who He wants you to be with.He does have a plan for your life.If it is His will He has someone who He wants you to spend the rest of your life on this Earth with. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1989

In a very similar situation at the moment...

Infatuation and love can be one in the same (as mentioned earlier); at least, this is what I believe. Or if it is only infatuation, it can lead to love. 

What I do not agree with is the whole "is she the one" concept. God brings people into our lives for specific reasons. We have free-will to either obey Him, our intuition or a combination of emotion and all of the others mentioned. I was in a very toxic relationship and had pre-marital sex. This was about 3 years ago. I met a girl at University a few months ago who I absolutely adore, yet she has specifically told me she does not want a boyfriend and does not want to be "courted" after I told her that I liked her. However after meeting her and getting to know her allowed me to once more let my "heart" come alive. I was broken after my last relationship and other life events (I am a recovering drug addict, 2 years clean) and it took me a long time to reconnect with my heart. Maybe God is showing you a part of yourself you have either denied, suppressed or felt ashamed about, that needs to be let free? Maybe she is merely a key to something that will unlock door(s) for you for further relationship, relational insight or even personal growth. 

Do not disallow yourself to feel what you are feeling. It is your heart coming alive, protect it, as the Bible states, but do not deny yourself the feelings God created us to experience. We are so pedantic when it comes to "don't do that, it is sin; you cannot feel like this, it is lust" etc. etc. Pray, seek wise council, but most importantly be honest. If she cannot handle your honesty and feelings (don't do the whole "you are the love of my life thing" so early on) then either the time is not right, or she just is not worth it because she does not accept you completely and whole-heartedly. Unfortunately it also happens that she might only consider you a friend and nothing more. In that case, brother you will torture yourself if you keep hanging onto her. If you decide that you love her and want to pursue a romantic relationship, and she does not want to, I would remove her from my life because the "pain" you're feeling will get considerably worse (that's my situation at the moment). 

On a last note, you need to look at what this person's effect is on you at the moment. Try and ignore the feelings of love and infatuation and rationally explain to yourself (and God) what you "feel", but what the "reality" is (hope that makes sense). You might feel in love; she might be a Christian etc and thus you might think she is a "good Christian girl; wife material" but she might actually not be someone who adds value to your life. These things are difficult especially since you have never felt like this.

I hope this helps!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Well a physical attraction could be the beginning of a relationship.You just might find that the outside is better than the inside.Then run like you are on fire.