• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Here is an article about "christian rock" form the AGAINST side. I see the things the author points out. Do you? If not this is just my opinion.

As for secular music.

I put myself at a limit though, if the words are clearly sinful, and wrong, then don't listen to it.
What if they are not clearly marked? If you drink a fluid that is not marked but is poison just the same can you expect to live? The message in the music is more often than not to subtle for those that are not looking for it to notice. The devil does not come right out and say: "Ha Ha Ha, I'm the devil and I'm going to deceive you." The bible says that he does appear as an angel of light though.

And don't let your feelings determine what you believe.

"Got to be good looking cause hes so hard to see"?????????It still sounds good!
I don't disagree that it sounds good. Is it good for you though. The music of the Beatles stole a lot of hearts though its subtlety and deception. Much of their music is about drugs and eastern religion.
Eph 5:19  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

LT

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I only listen to christian music here is a web site that you might find helpful God Bless. http://www.av1611.org/cqguide.html

http://www.av1611.org/

Edited by soulwinner

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Larry T and Soulwinner,

Two excellent recommendations, spent all day reading through them, I disagree with Christians listening to secular music.

I do not believe that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ can be glorified through Christian Rock. Just my opinion.

*braces herself for impact*

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/14/1979

I still listen to some secular music.

One thing I stay away from, however, is music that claims to be Christian but is not.

Surely you mean music that claims to be preaching but is not- seeing as this seems to be your problem Switchfoot. You can be a christian and still play rock, just like christians do enjoy sports and cars- i'd worry too if my preacher never talked about sports or cars or something he lived. Being a christian is all about everyday living here and now- and christians need music that is about day to day living (with the holy spirit) as well as music just reminding them who Jesus is. :wub:

That's what the pumpkins have got over tim hughes - and no doubt why your user name is cherub_rocket and not jesusislordyesheis or evangeliseevangelise!

big love

miyako

Edited by miyako_1984

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/21/1982

I'd like to thank everyone for helping me with this issue, especially miyako 1984. The responses have been very helpful. God bless each and everyone of you. :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If we are to avoid the secular world and be completely absent from, and refusing to understand its culture and day-to-day life...then we have completely disobeyed and ignored the Great Commission.

How many of you would eat lunch with a bar owner? How many would by a prostitute a bite to eat? How many would spend time talking to the drug addict on the streets?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yod,

The problem is that they claim to be in the ministry but ignore the MILLIONS of opportunities they're given to testify. Would you think it's OK if your pastor decided to just talk about sports or cars in his sermon on Sunday?

I have non-believing friends who love Switchfoot, but didn't even know Switchfoot is supposed to be Christian! The music is so void of anything spiritual that it's played on even the most secular radio stations.

Didn't mean to step on any feet; just saying it how I see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess we better throw the book of Esther out of the Bible. I'll give you a million dollars if you find a refrence to God in it!

Larry T and Soulwinner,

Two excellent recommendations, spent all day reading through them, I disagree with Christians listening to secular music.

I do not believe that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ can be glorified through Christian Rock.  Just my opinion.

*braces herself for impact*

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we'll see how your beliefs fly over when we get to Heaven and Jesus is rocking out. :)

really though, good belief on your part, too bad there's no scripture to back it up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

If we are to avoid the secular world and be completely absent from, and refusing to understand its culture and day-to-day life...then we have completely disobeyed and ignored the Great Commission.

How many of you would eat lunch with a bar owner? How many would by a prostitute a bite to eat? How many would spend time talking to the drug addict on the streets?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We don't have to "partake" of the world to understand it's culture and day to day life. We are called to be in the world and not of it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We don't have to "partake" of the world to understand it's culture and day to day life. We are called to be in the world and not of it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't answer the very valid questions that he asked. If we answer "no" to any of those questions then we have become unchrist-like.