nikki1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

He just seems more like a "person" to me then some untouchable. It is more of a feeling I can't explain it. I am not sure what all the hostility is about over this.

Do you see objections to something as hostility?  I don't see things that way.

The 'buzz' here is about the Pope's statement :  “Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.” and the remarks that followed.

If, after you read the article and possibly the link about the article and you are still not sure why people are posting about it, just ask and I am sure someone will explain it to you.

I posted what I felt and now once again I have people on my case about it. I am sorry to offend but while I may not agree with everything the Pope says,(I'm not even Catholic)  I just don't see him as such a bad guy. But I guess you all do and I am being booed at for not going along with it.

I wanted to delete this but there is no button

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

General Info:  the delete feature doesn't kick in until after so many posts and I don't remember the number...I'm sure a Moderator could advise

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Really butero?  Now who would need to do that!!!   :happyhappy:

Yeah, actually it can be handy!  but until you can, you have to be extra careful! (just kidding...well a little serious)

But the edit feature works until then...I think I once put something like "thought better of it" or something like that

I posted what I felt and now once again I have people on my case about it. I am sorry to offend but while I may not agree with everything the Pope says, (I'm not even Catholic).  I just don't see him as such a bad guy. But I guess you all do and I am being booed at for not going along with it.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, It Was A Wonderful Post

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Post Early Post Often

~

You Can Chick On The "Report" Button On Your Post And Request That It Be Removed

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

But Then You Would Kill All The Excitement

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Your Thoughts Stirred Up

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

I need to just take a break for a bit. I am getting far too emotional about things. Excuse me please.

I need to just take a break for a bit. I am getting far too emotional about things. Excuse me please.

Hurry Back Beloved

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Psalms 133

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

far be it from me to tell Jesus who he can and can't accept.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I love C S Lewis quotes

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

He just seems more like a "person" to me then some untouchable. It is more of a feeling I can't explain it. I am not sure what all the hostility is about over this.

Do you see objections to something as hostility?  I don't see things that way.

The 'buzz' here is about the Pope's statement :  “Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.” and the remarks that followed.

If, after you read the article and possibly the link about the article and you are still not sure why people are posting about it, just ask and I am sure someone will explain it to you.

I posted what I felt and now once again I have people on my case about it. I am sorry to offend but while I may not agree with everything the Pope says,(I'm not even Catholic)  I just don't see him as such a bad guy. But I guess you all do and I am being booed at for not going along with it.

No, try not to feel that way, LadyKay.  You are just as entitled to your opinion as everyone else and, believe me, ALL of us have been roundly booed at various times.  Instead of feeling set upon, try praying for understanding.  Yes, maybe this Pope is a 'real' guy but he is not preaching the Gospel.  Telling atheists they can get into heaven without even believing in God is heresy and he is making no effort here to change minds.  Instead he validates their atheism and that's just wrong.