conservator

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

God does not wink at or overlook repeated sinning.  His word confirms this fact. It is better to follow what scripture teaches on this and all  matters despite what some think or preach.

From Ezekiel 18, the prophet Ezekiel tells us "But when the righeous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live?  All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned; in his trespass that he hath tresspassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die." vs. 24

And in vs. 26, the prophet Ezekiel tells us "When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die."

There are those who will say but this is the "Old Testament", which Jesus Himself fulfilled; but read on in the New Testament, Jesus Himself tells us in Luke's Gospel Ch. 9 vs. 62

"No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God"

Basically, Jesus is saying the same thing the prophet Ezekiel tells us only in a different way.

The  writer of Hebrews tells us the same thing but worded differently in Hebrews 10:26-32

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.  But a certain fearful looking for ofjujdgment and firey indignation, which shall devourthe adversaries.  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, sujppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?"

For we know him that hath said, Vengence belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord.  And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

It is a fearful thing to fallinto the hands of the living God.

But call to remembrance the former days in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions...

Note all  of the above scriptures are speaking of person who calls himself "saved" or "have accepted Jesus"...hmmm...

It seems here you are equating normal Christian who have the typical struggles in their walk with what God calls reprobates...people who have not had a regenerate spirit in them. It seems too you also are equating the Gospel with the way God dealt with people under the Law... Which is not the same in my opinion.

God's word is what it is.  I believe the scriptures apply to people who claim they are saved.  There is really nothing to debate in the above texts as scripture speaks for itself, and interprets itself,  but some have a hard time understanding and will always find something somewhere to change what the scriptures says.

Some it seems would rather try to "win a debate" when there is no debate,  than to take scripture to mean what it says. 

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red

-Kwik

What I would say is we are all a process of repentance

The woman in the OP has not repented.

Is willful, deliberate sinning, after being brought to your attention,  called "in the process of repentence?"  If so, where is this scriptural?  Should we believe God's Word, or man?

Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God does not wink at or overlook repeated sinning.  His word confirms this fact. It is better to follow what scripture teaches on this and all  matters despite what some think or preach.

From Ezekiel 18, the prophet Ezekiel tells us "But when the righeous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live?  All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned; in his trespass that he hath tresspassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die." vs. 24

And in vs. 26, the prophet Ezekiel tells us "When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die."

There are those who will say but this is the "Old Testament", which Jesus Himself fulfilled; but read on in the New Testament, Jesus Himself tells us in Luke's Gospel Ch. 9 vs. 62

"No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God"

Basically, Jesus is saying the same thing the prophet Ezekiel tells us only in a different way.

The  writer of Hebrews tells us the same thing but worded differently in Hebrews 10:26-32

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.  But a certain fearful looking for ofjujdgment and firey indignation, which shall devourthe adversaries.  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, sujppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?"

For we know him that hath said, Vengence belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord.  And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

It is a fearful thing to fallinto the hands of the living God.

But call to remembrance the former days in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions...

Note all  of the above scriptures are speaking of person who calls himself "saved" or "have accepted Jesus"...hmmm...

It seems here you are equating normal Christian who have the typical struggles in their walk with what God calls reprobates...people who have not had a regenerate spirit in them. It seems too you also are equating the Gospel with the way God dealt with people under the Law... Which is not the same in my opinion.

God's word is what it is.  I believe the scriptures apply to people who claim they are saved.  There is really nothing to debate in the above texts as scripture speaks for itself, and interprets itself,  but some have a hard time understanding and will always find something somewhere to change what the scriptures says.

Some it seems would rather try to "win a debate" when there is no debate,  than to take scripture to mean what it says. 

Yes, I believe it is God's word. However, you have been quoting Ezekiel, which is addressing those under the Law. We are living under the New Covenant.

People all over the world claim to be saved, but we are not the ones that need to be convinced. Only God looks on the heart. All we can discern from in a person by who claims to be saved is their spiritual fruit.

If one is truly saved, he is firmly held in the Master's grip. IMO there is no debate about that.

Yes, I believe it is God's word. However, you have been quoting Ezekiel, which is addressing those under the Law. We are living under the New Covenant.

People all over the world claim to be saved, but we are not the ones that need to be convinced. Only God looks on the heart. All we can discern from in a person by who claims to be saved is their spiritual fruit.

If one is truly saved, he is firmly held in the Master's grip. IMO there is no debate about that.

As to this underlined... Again, go back and read what I wrote.  I will write it again here.

There are those who will say but this is the "Old Testament, " (that's you Floatingaxe :grin: ), which Jesus Himself fulfilled; but read on in the New Testament, Jesus Himself tells us in Luke's Gospel Ch. 9 vs. 62

Jesus often quoted from the "Old Testament" in the New,  because He is the law in the New Testament.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red. Fixed edited quotes

However, you have been quoting Ezekiel, which is addressing those under the Law. We are living under the New Covenant.

As to this underlined... Again, go back and read what I wrote.  I will write it again here.

There are those who will say but this is the "Old Testament, " (that's you Floatingaxe :grin: ), which Jesus Himself fulfilled; but read on in the New Testament, Jesus Himself tells us in Luke's Gospel Ch. 9 vs. 62

Jesus often quoted from the "Old Testament" in the New,  because He is the law in the New Testament.

I believe Jesus is not talking about people who leave the faith. He is talking about what the story says: people who hold back from committing to Christ based on their attachment to the world and the flesh. I believe context is everything.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red

I believe Jesus is not talking about people who leave the faith. He is talking about what the story says: people who hold back from committing to Christ based on their attachment to the world and the flesh. I believe context is everything.

Well I believe Jesus is talking about people who leave the faith.  All scripture is Holy Spirit inspired.  I believe you are making up an idea that is not scriptural.

To me, the writer of Hebrews tells us the same thing but worded differently in Hebrews 10:26-32

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red

Well I believe Jesus is talking about people who leave the faith.  All scripture is Holy Spirit inspired.  I believe you are making up an idea that is not scriptural.

To me, the writer of Hebrews tells us the same thing but worded differently in Hebrews 10:26-32

I believe you have convoluted the simple message. It is my understanding a believer never willfully continues in sin, but has an aversion to sin. Kind of like the idea of the new man and the new nature... As soon as a believer sins, he is confronted by Holy Spirit within, and is aware of the battleground he has just stepped on.

Editing by moderator has made a statement of mine appear to be a flimsy idea. It is not "kind of like the idea of" anything. It is definitively the truth that a new believer has a put on a new nature---that of Jesus Christ, one that is opposed to sin.

Edited by Floatingaxe
<<< edits in red >>>

I believe you have convoluted the simple message. It is my understanding a believer never willfully continues in sin, but has an aversion to sin. Kind of like the idea of the new man and the new nature... As soon as a believer sins, he is confronted by Holy Spirit within, and is aware of the battleground he has just stepped on.

I am simply quoting scripture, Floatingaxe.  As I have throughout this dialogue.  I believe Scripture disagrees with you.

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Edits in red. >>>

Jesus is talking about people who leave the faith.  All scripture is Holy Spirit inspired.  You are making up an idea that is not scriptural.

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.  But a certain fearful looking for of jujdgment and firey indignation, which shall devourthe adversaries.  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?"

You have convoluted the simple message. A believer never willfully continues in sin, but has an aversion to sin. You do know about the new man, and the new nature? As soon as a believer sins, he is confronted by Holy Spirit within, and is aware of the battleground he has just stepped on.

I am simply quoting scripture, Floatingaxe.  As I have throughout this dialogue.  Scripture disagrees with you.

I believe I agree with scripture. It is my opinion you try to make it fit your own ideas.

Edited by GoldenEagle
edits in red

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

It isnt up to you or your wife to convict her, it is up to God, since she claims to be his child.

That is why it is not up to us to judge...and by even thinking that maybe she isn't saved because she has divorces and slept with other men...well, that is jusdging her salvation...which is even worse than judging an action

It is however up to believers to admonish and remind her of how she should be living if she is a Christian. Not harass her, but to let her know she is in the wrong and what God expects.

As for judging, 1 corinthians 5 says we are to judge within the church. She is in continual sin.

One day, two thousand years ago, Jesus told the crowd 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.  We always have to remember this; unless we are free of sin ourselves we can't condemn or judge others and THAT comes from the Lord Himself..  We all tend to do it but we shouldn't. This woman should be lifted up in prayer but not judged

So 1 Corinthians 5 doesnt belong in the bible?

Did I say that?  At any time?  Are you suggesting the church should kill this woman?  Otherwise I don't see the connection. 

1 Cor 5 does not say kill. It says to judge those within the church.